Carverfest 15 quotes

9th Annual CarverFest Sep 9-23
kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Carverfest 15 quotes

Post by kingman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:25 am

There were a lot of them this year but the final one I heard sticks out in my mind. Attribute this to Robert R. when I went by watershed 2, my final stop leaving Carverfest to pick up a couple of items I left for he and Greg to look at. Greg had told me he didn't have the parts to fix my amp but would write down what was wrong so it would be easy for my repairman to identify the problem. Upon looking at the instructions Greg had written I asked Robert what if my repair man did not understand them. Quote..." If they can't understand them, then find another repair man!" :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carverfest 15 quotes

Post by Don » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:44 am

Just before Kingman's Carverfest Speaker's little driver bit the dust at ear splitting levels from the 400 X 7 at Martin's, while playing Michael Jackson's Thriller, Kingman shouted out "What the Hell was that?" :shock: It was classic. :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:38 pm

I distinctly heard someone state "what happens on the mountain, STAYS on the mountain"~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I STILL LIKE!

Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:30 pm

Been trying to select one from Bob. I'd have to go with his revelation about ultraliner amp circiuts to OTD, "They just don't sound very good". But it's the way he says it...

RR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:57 am

Robert R wrote:Been trying to select one from Bob. I'd have to go with his revelation about ultraliner amp circiuts to OTD, "They just don't sound very good". But it's the way he says it...

RR
Yep it's the Way He Says it. :-({|= [-X [-( =D>
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”