What did you miss that you regret the most?

9th Annual CarverFest Sep 9-23
Martin1970
TFM-35

Re: What did you miss that you regret the most?

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:25 pm

stevek wrote: Maybe an experiment to see how many pairs of Carverfest speakers you can have playing in one room? ;)
Steve
Great idea.
But I only have enough amps to blow 21 speakers at a time.

stevek
TFM-6cb

Post by stevek » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 pm

I think that there will be a few amps at CF'16.
Steve
Vinnie Rossi LIO Integrated Amp (12/15), Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S (10/16), 2 GR Research - Dual 12" OB H-Frame Subs(diy), Aurender N100H (2/18)
Workshop: Carver M500t(9/14), Carver M500t(8/12), 2 Carverfest Speakers(9/15 diy), Benchmark DAC (10/10)

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Not any regrets this year, one of the best Carverfests ever! What did I miss? Probably spending more time with my buddies Eddie and Ray, and I always enjoy time with James without a lot of people around but it never seems to happen, really would like to have spent more time with Al and Melody and of course OTD and his clan and never seem to catch up to Bob and Carol( and Ted and Alice!). Greg did get to come up one night and we spent some quality time exploring some good rock music! Glad he had a reprieve! Glad I had one evening with Mark, Harry, and Ray and of course having Rabbit is nearly as good as the icing on Ray's carrot cake. Come to think of it...I miss everyone! Carverfest is more than a group of us...it's ALL OF US!!! To leave out Frankie and Robert or anyone would be wrong. Wish we had more time to socialize but am thankful we had as much time as we did. Looking forward to next year!!!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Well said Wayne!! =D> 8)
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 pm

kingman wrote:Not any regrets this year, one of the best Carverfests ever! What did I miss? Probably spending more time with my buddies Eddie and Ray, and I always enjoy time with James without a lot of people around but it never seems to happen, really would like to have spent more time with Al and Melody and of course OTD and his clan and never seem to catch up to Bob and Carol( and Ted and Alice!). Greg did get to come up one night and we spent some quality time exploring some good rock music! Glad he had a reprieve! Glad I had one evening with Mark, Harry, and Ray and of course having Rabbit is nearly as good as the icing on Ray's carrot cake. Come to think of it...I miss everyone! Carverfest is more than a group of us...it's ALL OF US!!! To leave out Frankie and Robert or anyone would be wrong. Wish we had more time to socialize but am thankful we had as much time as we did. Looking forward to next year!!!!! =D> =D> =D>
Well said Wayne! No matter how much quality time you get, a little more would be even better.

I always feel thankful that it works out at all for me and I get the chance to be there and have the time. It's really given me something to look forward to each fall.

Anytime a day's been challenging, I think forward to the reward of the goofy fun and relaxation and all the food that makes up Carverfest. Old friends and new....it's just a great time! My personal reward for surviving and achieving the fun of the event and the time with friends!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:34 am

kingman wrote:Not any regrets this year, one of the best Carverfests ever! What did I miss? Probably spending more time with my buddies Eddie and Ray, and I always enjoy time with James without a lot of people around but it never seems to happen, really would like to have spent more time with Al and Melody and of course OTD and his clan and never seem to catch up to Bob and Carol( and Ted and Alice!). Greg did get to come up one night and we spent some quality time exploring some good rock music! Glad he had a reprieve! Glad I had one evening with Mark, Harry, and Ray and of course having Rabbit is nearly as good as the icing on Ray's carrot cake. Come to think of it...I miss everyone! Carverfest is more than a group of us...it's ALL OF US!!! To leave out Frankie and Robert or anyone would be wrong. Wish we had more time to socialize but am thankful we had as much time as we did. Looking forward to next year!!!!! =D> =D> =D>

Well said. Totally agree.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:07 am

Well said Kingman
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:27 pm

One regret was not seeing Bob Carver working on OTD's amp. That would have been interesting to see him in action. The only other thing I missed was seeing Wayne at the loft--next year. Carol and I had a great time this year. We got to visit with many more people and see and listen to a few more really nice systems this year. Of special note were Eric's and Mark's open baffle speakers. They were both really nice. Thanks to Ed, also for bringing his Amazings this year. They were very impressive. I have AL3's, but that was the first time I had ever seen the big Amazings. Martin also had an interesting set-up with amps and woofers everywhere. Thinking back on CF 2015, is making me hungry for some of Big Al's pizza. Eleven more months.

Bob

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:37 am

I'm pretty bummed that I missed meeting OTD and missed out on his Fajita night!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:38 am

trav0810 wrote:I'm pretty bummed that I missed meeting OTD and missed out on his Fajita night!
It was GREAT!!!! :D
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:20 pm

radioeng2 wrote:
Well said Wayne! No matter how much quality time you get, a little more would be even better.

I always feel thankful that it works out at all for me and I get the chance to be there and have the time. It's really given me something to look forward to each fall.

Anytime a day's been challenging, I think forward to the reward of the goofy fun and relaxation and all the food that makes up Carverfest. Old friends and new....it's just a great time! My personal reward for surviving and achieving the fun of the event and the time with friends!

Mark

Well said I second the thought. Just need more time!!
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:24 pm

BobSmi57 wrote:One regret was not seeing Bob Carver working on OTD's amp. That would have been interesting to see him in action. The only other thing I missed was seeing Wayne at the loft--next year. Carol and I had a great time this year. We got to visit with many more people and see and listen to a few more really nice systems this year. Of special note were Eric's and Mark's open baffle speakers. They were both really nice. Thanks to Ed, also for bringing his Amazings this year. They were very impressive. I have AL3's, but that was the first time I had ever seen the big Amazings. Martin also had an interesting set-up with amps and woofers everywhere. Thinking back on CF 2015, is making me hungry for some of Big Al's pizza. Eleven more months.

Bob
Like a "MAD Scientist" in the castle building a new life form! Glad I was there =D>

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:45 pm

Ed and Randi's Low country boil (we changed our schedule just to make it and missed it) along with spending more time with the two of them as Susan and I really enjoyed meeting and talking with them. Missing by a few hours meeting Trav,(Damn!!) and losing a whole half day of not being there, with everyone, at the damn hospital having them telling me there was nothing in my brain-so I had nothing to worry about.I told them that to start with!! \:D/

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:25 am

OTD, thank goodness you got a clean bill of health. So you missed a few hours of action this year no biggie there is next year to look forward to.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:39 pm

I regret missing the first week.

I used to think the perfect vacation would be to be in a quiet country setting by myself - I realize now, the best vacations are in a quiet country setting where you can turn up the volume with laughter, music and just great fun conversation.

Already working and looking forward to next year.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”