HOW MANY SPEAKER KITS WILL WE NEED ??

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Re: HOW MANY SPEAKER KITS WILL WE NEED ??

Post by BobSmi57 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks for all the great work so far, James. Put me down for a pair. I would actually like 3 speakers if possible, so one could be used as a center channel.

Bob

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Bob - Any number is possible, as long as you give advance notice. Who's up for five? No problem.

Today we listened to them at the proper height for the first time [had to contrive more inimitable risers]. Sound is very big and impressive - no sense of point-source or smallness at all. Seamless blending with a Sunfire sub.

The new material for making the latest prototype cabinets will arrive soon, and then the router has to go to work. Also, we have to order parts for the crossovers - lots of different parts, so different values for things can be tried.

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 pm

You can pick up my pair of original ALS and rebuild them for me =D>

Thanks in advance (ok I still need to get my Carver SD/A 490t repaired :-({|= )

pindrop

Post by pindrop » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm new but just joined after reading what you wrote over on the Carversite. Please put me down for 1pair. I'm IN!! Thanks
Kennett

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Maybe we can work it out.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks, Robert. You can put me down for 3 speakers.

Bob

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Ok, I have added a DEPOSIT button to my signature. If I put it anywhere else in the thread I'm sure it would get lost.

The deposit amount is $310 per set of speakers. This will cover all the drivers and some of the small parts.
From the looks of things so far, I will have to place a $5000-6000 order for the drivers alone based on the number of speakers requested already. I understand not everyone will have the money right now, and that's fine. I am planning on making a number of orders over the next couple months, and can add more drivers to the orders as they are needed.
BUT... there will have to be some sort of "cut off" point sooner or later. I am thinking some time in March or April.

I will need plenty of time to get all the kits assembled and packaged up way BEFORE CarverFest. I will have allot of work to do to get these ready for a small production run, and then the real works starts. So, please DO NOT wait till the last minute to place your orders. The sooner we have all the drivers we will need in-hand the better I will feel, and I won't have to worry about their inventory running low as we get closer to Sep.

I spoke to the sales rep today, and their next batch of ribbons is scheduled to come in on Dec 2nd. So we should be good on driver inventory for the next couple months anyway.

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Lest anybody confuse me with someone important, SAMUEL Atkins is really Ed (Sea). Such is the curse of going by your middle name. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:37 pm

sea wrote:Lest anybody confuse me with someone important, SAMUEL Atkins is really Ed (Sea). Such is the curse of going by your middle name. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAMUEL ATKINS??? I'll have a SAMUAL JACKSON!!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:35 am

Wayne,,,,,somehow I missed this. Too funny!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Return to “2015 Speaker Build”