Carverfest 2016 Shirts

!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Carverfest 2016 Shirts

Post by frenchguy » Wed May 11, 2016 5:18 pm

I will be handling the shirts for CF this year! :-s This year we will be offering T-shirts in assorted colors as well! I would also like to gauge interest in polo & sweatshirts! :-k I will be calling the screen printer tomorrow & getting some prices on all 3 shirts & the size ranges! I will be narrowing it down to about 12 colors or so, so it isnt too big of a pain in the ass!! :rolleyes: :lol: I also would like to have something put on the shirts in memory of our TNRabbit! I also will be charging a small surcharge on each shirt of like a few dollars to help cover the cost of of buying a shirt for Garys Girlfriend Cindy King, His sister Betty Gore Ingram & both of Garys sons! I think it would be a nice gesture for us to show how much we cared & miss Gary & would be a nice remembrance for them as well! I dont think a few bucks on each shirt order is going to break any of us & it is the right thing to do! 8) I will post more on this after I talk to the screen printer tomorrow but please start thinking about what you may want as far as what kind of shirt(s) & colors! once we get rolling on this I will send paypal invoices to all who order so you can pay for your shirts(s).
Any ideas what we would want to put on the shirts & where we would want it on the shirts as far as a memorial for Gary would be welcome!! Thanks & lets get started planning our yearly trip up the Mountain to enjoy what we all have in common! All things Carver, Friends, Family & Fun!! =D> \:D/
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carverfest 2016 Shirts

Post by radioeng2 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:13 pm

Great, great deal Al. Thanks for handling!

As far as the memorial...what about a sleeve circle looking thing. TNRabbit over the top. Gary Gore around the bottom and his years though the middle. Nothing else really needs to be said I don't think.

I'm all in on the ones for the family too. We'd have to have a count of people or shirt numbers to figure out a divide of the cost. So we could guess up front, but might need a final tally to finish it off too.

I do like the thought of a sweatshirt this year. The printers will do about whatever usually...at some cost. But some may allow you to source elsewhere and some may want it internal so they make the markup possible on that part too. You may have to price around a bit in other
words. I know our stations shirts have pretty much always been done locally, so I'd see that as they've never found a way to do it good on the net with somebody...but I don't know any details. Too far from my normal concerns.

Thanks for looking into this!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Mark, that is a good idea for the sleeve like you said! :-k as far as the sweatshirts & polo shirts I will talk with the screen printer in Sylva NC as that is who Doug used & they have the artwork for the Carver logo already so may as well go with them then! that way they are made there & I dont have to haul them all to the fest as space is usually at a premium in my truck!! 8)

I am thinking of a letter "C" on the sleeve on the sleeve of the shirt with TNRabbit inside the letter C with the name Gary Gore along the top of the letter C & also 1961 - 2015 along the bottom of the letter "C" ! :-k Let me know what all you guys & gals think if that would be a good logo for a memorial to Gary! If you have any other ideas you feel would be better please speak up!! 8)
Last edited by frenchguy on Wed May 11, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Great idea!!! Sign me up!!!
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

LVMAN777

Post by LVMAN777 » Wed May 11, 2016 8:32 pm

I'M IN!

Gary was a great guy....just reading some of his posts today...RIP
Carver Amazing Loudspeakers- Originals/Upgraded with 60 inch ribbons /crossovers
Sunfire 300x2 Amplifier
Sunfire Theater Grand III Preamp/Processor
Technics SL-DL1 Turntable with Grado Green Cartridge
Optima HD26 1080P DLP Projector
120 inch Motorized Projection Screen

Carver ALS III Speakers
Grado SR80 Headphones
Infinity Beta 20 Bookshelf Speakers

Apogee Caliper Speakers for Rebuilding

sea
TFM-25

Post by sea » Wed May 11, 2016 10:21 pm

I love the idea of honoring Gary. I am good with whatever design is chosen. I was thinking of a simple thing on the sleeve like RIP Rabbit with 1961-2016 directly beneath.

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Thu May 12, 2016 6:14 am

I'd be interested in a shirt and possibly a sweatshirt if you'd be willing to ship them to me? I'd also like to pay for an extra shirt for one of Gary's family members, thanks.

Jesse
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:48 am

I like all of the design ideas so far.
I also like Jesse's idea.
Put me down for two shirts
-one for me
and one for free for one of Gary's loved ones

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Thu May 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Al

Thanks for taking on this responsibility. I am in whatever is decided.

Don
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu May 12, 2016 2:11 pm

I'm in on whatever you need Al.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks Al! I'm in for whatever is decided on the shirts and support.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Thu May 12, 2016 5:38 pm

kingman wrote:Thanks Al! I'm in for whatever is decided on the shirts and support.
Al

I'm same as Kingman, thanks for picking up the torch

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 am

In
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Have any chance to find out anything Al?

I was remembering a cheap sweatshirt I got a work a number of years ago where they had a thin iron on thing done. It didn't last for nothing in the wash and didn't look that good new either. Which made me think that they have also sometimes done the station logo sewn in, embroidery multicolor thing. So I just went back and asked what that stuff costs.

The answer was as cheap as about $5 each with a setup charge of $75-80 or so. So if you were to do a front pocket and side sleeve on one side, then IF that kind of deal could be found it'd be the shirt cost plus another $12-15 or so when you split the setup charge across many shirts. Now again, that's multicolor thread sewn logo. He pointed to a nice polo shirt with a nice logo on the front only and said it was like $28. If you have a pocket logo and a sleeve on one side, I don't know if that's one setup charge or two... Wonder what one color versus multiple means to cost?

Off hand, I don't recall what has been done in the past. I always have had enough going on that I haven't had the time to think too much about what was done. Thanks should go to everybody that's ever worked on getting shirts done! It's easy to say I'll take one and to pay...figuring it all out and getting them to people takes some effort. So thanks to those that have done this for everyone...and to you Al, for working on it this year!

Those number aren't the cheapest T-shirt numbers, but if it's nice and classy, I wouldn't mind a $35-40 sweatshirt if that's the way were leaning this year. Though I could probably wear a polo shirt as much or more. Don't know how others would feel, but thought I'd mention what I was told. Thinking out loud...

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed May 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Markie haven't had a chance to post a update, but she did say t-shirts $10.50 for 3 areas of print. Sweatshirt would be $20 for 2 areas of print & embroidered polo would be $25. I will post color options soon

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”