!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: what are you bringing to CF16??

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:58 pm

I'm really looking forward to listening to them Charlie

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:16 am

Although I was looking forward to bringing my Vintage 40 year old system for Carverfest (Pioneer SA-6700 Integrated Amp, Dynaco A-25 speakers, and a Sony TC203SD Cassette Deck), it would appear that I will now only have room for myself in the car. #-o (Struggling college student back then, as were most of us, and this was my very first "real high end system." As a result, very dear to my heart).

Before Carverfest, we are heading to a family reunion (Terri's) in Nashville, then to Highlands for some hiking. As a result, my wife will be bringing the usual 6 or 8 purses, 4 or 5 suitcases, 8 or 10 pairs of shoes and 2 or 3 cosmetic bags. :shock: :lol:

I am just wondering if our Golden Sidney may have to sit on my lap on the way up while driving! :rolleyes:

However, at least this will give me the opportunity to hang out in some of the other cabins for some really good sound, tunes and company. Awesome systems coming to Carverfest this year. =D>

Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new friends!

Safe travels!
Attachments
Pioneer SA6700.jpg
Pioneer SA6700.jpg (4.47 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
Dynaco A-25 speakers.jpg
Dynaco A-25 speakers.jpg (5.56 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
Sony TC203sd.jpg
Sony TC203sd.jpg (3.75 KiB) Viewed 3083 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:35 pm

Don wrote:Although I was looking forward to bringing my Vintage 40 year old system for Carverfest (Pioneer SA-6700 Integrated Amp, Dynaco A-25 speakers, and a Sony TC203SD Cassette Deck), it would appear that I will now only have room for myself in the car. #-o (Struggling college student back then, as were most of us, and this was my very first "real high end system." As a result, very dear to my heart).

Before Carverfest, we are heading to a family reunion (Terri's) in Nashville, then to Highlands for some hiking. As a result, my wife will be bringing the usual 6 or 8 purses, 4 or 5 suitcases, 8 or 10 pairs of shoes and 2 or 3 cosmetic bags. :shock: :lol:

I am just wondering if our Golden Sidney may have to sit on my lap on the way up while driving! :rolleyes:

However, at least this will give me the opportunity to hang out in some of the other cabins for some really good sound, tunes and company. Awesome systems coming to Carverfest this year. =D>

Safe travels!
Oh man delete 2 purses and a couple suitcases would just about make room for that gear :lol: I love listening to the vintage stuff! Plus she would have a good excuse to go shopping to pick up anything she didn't bring \:D/
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Strap the other 5h17 to the roof! Premium seating is for the vingage audio gear!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:22 pm

I really got a laugh out of the last two responses. :lol: Good one guys. =D>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:30 am

Don wrote:Although I was looking forward to bringing my Vintage 40 year old system for Carverfest (Pioneer SA-6700 Integrated Amp, Dynaco A-25 speakers, and a Sony TC203SD Cassette Deck), it would appear that I will now only have room for myself in the car. #-o (Struggling college student back then, as were most of us, and this was my very first "real high end system." As a result, very dear to my heart).

Safe travels!
Drive the van... :-k
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:46 am

Left for Matt to launch the boat.
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Does anybody need me to bring my tube tester or are we okay on that front?

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Re: Tube tester

Post by treitz3 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Never mind. It's packed.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Bob biased the Marshall 9200 this morning; then we brought it back down to WS 2 for a short listening session. Bob likes the sound as it is so he said we don't need to do any circuit mods! =D> The bias adjustment he made helped reduce the heat the tubes were generating and the sound was better because one channel was uncomfortably high. There is a tube mod in the works, but that will depend on if I can get them delivered in time (everyone is quoting a week right now).
20160910_092233.jpg
Bob looking under the cover
20160910_094303.jpg
Bob and Eddie adjusting the bias
20160909_111251.jpg
Ready for Auditioning at WS2
Last edited by UncleMeat on Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:55 pm

Know you are a happy camper!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Post by Jazzman53 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Saturday afternoon - packing the van for the trip to CarverFest

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Charlie

Loft 2 please!
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”