What are you building at CarverFest 2016?

!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: What are you building at CarverFest 2016?

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:13 pm

What he said :lol: the board is fully populated but will get 2 parts changes the designer suggested. I do like the backlit tube idea Bob used in the Sunfire VTCC and may employ it here if I can get it to function noiselessly. 8 tubes gotta look good lit up that way. IIRC I mentioned it powered up and passed a 1khz test tone. Now to get it in a chassis and sort it out properly. I did notice I had 2 12AU7s instead of the full compliment of AX7s. I have some really nice tubes and can't wait to compare it to the Fosgate Signature.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:47 am

I plan to tube and run the Aikido tube stage up this evening after I get the rig set back up as work has consumed me of late.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Ray could you post some pictures of it if you have it completed? Also, if you have a thread about this build elsewhere please post a link. I'm interested in building this tube phono stage for the Marshall w/CF linestage combo.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Russ, I'll post some pics when I get ready to start work on the chassis install.

ray
Magnaryder

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”