BLOG ABOUT CARVERFEST, BOBFATHER REQUESTED

!!10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Sep 7th - 21st
UncleMeat
TFM-6cb

BLOG ABOUT CARVERFEST, BOBFATHER REQUESTED

Post by UncleMeat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:35 pm

In 25 words or less describe what CF 2016 (or other years if not able to attend this year) has meant to you, or describe some aspect of the event in a way that gives someone who has not come to CF an idea of what this event is like. Bob and Peggy asked me to post this for the upcoming article about Bob in The Absolute Sound. Your post to this thread -may- be published, just giving a heads up all ye fuckin' fucks!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Re: BLOG ABOUT CARVERFEST, BOBFATHER REQUESTED

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:19 am

It's like attending a family reunion every year the only difference with Carverfest is I enjoy spending time with the people who come here .
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:54 am

Connecting with people from all walks of life who enjoy music, systems, and conversation about anything...and food, let's not forget food...nothing better, except Bob is here, too
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:19 am

It is like having the entire family over for Thanksgiving without the baggage!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:25 am

By the way George where the fuck are you?
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 am

good folks, glorious music, great food, grand times.....
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:42 pm

Carverfest has and remains a place where folks from all walks of life come to share ideas, thoughts, observations and a vast array of collective knowledge. It is an event unlike any other that I have read about or ever seen. We have gathered to build amps, repair speakers, build speakers and preamps. What other audio event can boast the same? Over the years, the people that have attended become "family", with long lasting and sincere friendships that simply grow deeper as time marches on.

25 words can not begin to describe the good times, camaraderie and systems that have been featured at Carverfest. It's not just Caver gear but a collection of, many times, one of a kind gear that you will never have another chance to hear in such a beautiful setting. In a word, Carverfest is bliss. An event that many people wait an entire year to enjoy once again.

Many thanks to Bob for joining in the fray over the years. Your attendance makes a special event an outstanding one.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:21 pm

treitz3 wrote:Carverfest has and remains a place where folks from all walks of life come to share ideas, thoughts, observations and a vast array of collective knowledge. It is an event unlike any other that I have read about or ever seen. We have gathered to build amps, repair speakers, build speakers and preamps. What other audio event can boast the same? Over the years, the people that have attended become "family", with long lasting and sincere friendships that simply grow deeper as time marches on.

25 words can not begin to describe the good times, camaraderie and systems that have been featured at Carverfest. It's not just Caver gear but a collection of, many times, one of a kind gear that you will never have another chance to hear in such a beautiful setting. In a word, Carverfest is bliss. An event that many people wait an entire year to enjoy once again.

Many thanks to Bob for joining in the fray over the years. Your attendance makes a special event an outstanding one.

Tom

That's all good but my experience in mags pulling quotes,they ask for 25 words and cut to 20. Not sure if yours would be useable and would probably tic off a few editors lol. If they trying to get something together for Bob about Carverfest, maybe try to whittle down to 25 or less here. Just a thought. Don't need everyone going 100 or more and Bob missing a chance. JMHO.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:40 pm

If you know me well, you will know that I rarely follow the "rules".

My motto is, "rules, what rules?"......and my dad taught me never to be a quitter.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:52 pm

hewlew1 wrote:By the way George where the fuck are you?

Beach

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:44 pm

Never been to a 'Fest, but Bob and his friendship are remembered every day when I flip the switch on my amps.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

UncleMeat
TFM-6cb

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:52 pm

My non-planned day:

Visited Bob's cabin - was asked to join him to visit Biltmore Estate - Listened to Tom's Carver/Sunfire/Apogee combo - Helped Bob dial-in his new ALS speakers.

I knew Bob's audio genius and loved the products, now I know him as a friend. Thanks Bob!

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 am

Our first year, we caught up with Bob dillegently working on a little worthless tube PA amp. He looked up with genuine smile and sincerely said "thanks for coming to Carverfest".

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:49 am

"10 years celebrating the genius and innovation of Bob Carver"

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:53 am

Zoot Horn wrote:
hewlew1 wrote:By the way George where the fuck are you?

Beach
Pics?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Return to “CARVERFEST 2016”