CarverFest 2017 Tunes for the Tuner

11th Annual CARVERFEST 2017 September 6th - 20th
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

CarverFest 2017 Tunes for the Tuner

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:47 pm

Bob Carver has been one of the more inventive audio figures of our time. Tone Audio stated, “To say Bob Carver is a legendary amplifier designer would be a major understatement.”

But beyond that, look at how many areas of audio Bob’s creations explore…

Amplifier sonics modeling with the transfer function matching (the amp challenge)
The Auto-Correlator noise filtering
Digital Time Lens circuit
High back EMF subwoofer design
Magnetic field coil power amplifiers
Sonic Holography circuitry
Asymmetrical charge-coupled detector noise reduction

15 patents are credited to Bob that I can see listed. One writer named Bob one of the five most influential people in the history of audio.

Consider the path since the coffee can amp upended the MacIntosh amplifier clinic and exceeded their ability to measure the power and left them shaking their heads. Look at how the Phase Linear amplifiers still have left a mark on amplification this many years later. And then the later broad swath the Carver SS amps cut on the audio world. “Bob’s my name, power’s my game!” Ponder the success of the 4000 series preamp and it’s being in production for 15 years...from the Phase Linear days through much of the Carver Corporation day. Then the success of the ALS line of speakers, still being refined and grown yet today. Look at the present day continuation of the Carver Silver Seven tube amplifier… into the Black Beauty, Black Magic and the Cherry models. Desirable tube ampifiers by anyone’s measure!

At CarverFest for the past 10 years and counting, we have celebrated Bob's designs...especially the amplifier and speaker designs. And to our incredible pleasure, we’ve been able to do this with Bob himself! The treat of this, his stories and his passion for audio is a pleasure for every moment we enjoy at the cabins.

So this year, I’d like to suggest we extend this recognition of Bob’s work into an area we’ve perhaps under recognized at CF. I’d like to suggest that we make the effort to celebrate the mark Bob’s designs have left on the tuner world.

I sat through a presentation within the last couple years to professional broadcasters where the Carver TX-11 was lauded as an incredibly transparent and unique tuner well worth its going price (and more) on the street. It was being suggested as an example tuner for the difficult challenges of todays broadcast world, with its noise and multipath reduction circuits and wideband reception front end. This is again an amazing display of the recognition of the innovative design that has stood the test of a significant amount of passing time!

What I would love to see is a Carver designed tuner in every rig possible at CarverFest 2017. In return, an extremely unique source will be available for your listening. An experience that will showcase the very best today’s technology can achieve. And source material that will be a one time experience, a collection of audio never before done or to be repeated. Fun enough, you will regret if you can’t long form record the result.

Let's step up to this further recognition and appreciation of Bob and his amazing achievements that has brought us all so much fun and pleasure. Sound interesting?

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Re: CarverFest 2017 Tunes for the Tuner

Post by kingman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm

I'm in...
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:12 am

Mark

That sounds like fun, count me in (if I have room in my suitcase) 8-[

Brian
Last edited by BrianT on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:56 pm

This sounds GREAT!!
I would love to be in with my re-caped and re-alinged TX11A but as I am flying in I will have no imported sound at my place :-({|=
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:46 am

I've brought tuners in 2010 11 and 12 and no one so much as turned them on. Rock on Mark!!

ray

2017 is the year of the headphone
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:23 am

Magnaryder wrote:I've brought tuners in 2010 11 and 12 and no one so much as turned them on. Rock on Mark!!
There is a difference this time Ray. I'm suspecting you'll find something worth turning it on for...

Headphones? Whatta ya do with those???

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:34 pm

I guess we'll see what happens in the phones.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Magnaryder wrote:I guess we'll see what happens in the phones.

ray
I usually just listen to 'em. I've never tried looking in 'em. Guess you folks up north do things differently. I'll have to try it....

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:40 am

Got you some ZROCK Mark?

ray
Magnaryder

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:12 am

Magnaryder wrote:Got you some ZROCK Mark?

ray
I've never had a Camaro Cookie.

loner_t
Newbie 50+

Post by loner_t » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:15 pm

radioeng2 wrote:What I would love to see is a Carver designed tuner in every rig possible at CarverFest 2017.
Is a Sunfire UR allowed? :-k My plan was to bring one.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 pm

loner_t wrote:
radioeng2 wrote:What I would love to see is a Carver designed tuner in every rig possible at CarverFest 2017.
If it'll play R&R and it's from one of Bob's companies then it oughta make Bob and us smile....so we should be good!! Glad to hear you'll be able to add to it, LT! \:D/

Mark

loner_t
Newbie 50+

Post by loner_t » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:33 am

radioeng2 wrote:
loner_t wrote:
If it'll play R&R and it's from one of Bob's companies then it oughta make Bob and us smile....so we should be good!! Glad to hear you'll be able to add to it, LT! \:D/

Mark
Thanks. I am eagerly looking forward to CF2017, too.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:39 pm

Bump....The request that as many kits at the Fest as possible this year have FM included! (without pictures...thanks PhotoPhukit)
radioeng2 wrote:Bob Carver has been one of the more inventive audio figures of our time. Tone Audio stated, “To say Bob Carver is a legendary amplifier designer would be a major understatement.”

But beyond that, look at how many areas of audio Bob’s creations explore…

Amplifier sonics modeling with the transfer function matching (the amp challenge)
The Auto-Correlator noise filtering
Digital Time Lens circuit
High back EMF subwoofer design
Magnetic field coil power amplifiers
Sonic Holography circuitry
Asymmetrical charge-coupled detector noise reduction

15 patents are credited to Bob that I can see listed. One writer named Bob one of the five most influential people in the history of audio.

Consider the path since the coffee can amp upended the MacIntosh amplifier clinic and exceeded their ability to measure the power and left them shaking their heads. Look at how the Phase Linear amplifiers still have left a mark on amplification this many years later. And then the later broad swath the Carver SS amps cut on the audio world. “Bob’s my name, power’s my game!” Ponder the success of the 4000 series preamp and it’s being in production for 15 years...from the Phase Linear days through much of the Carver Corporation day. Then the success of the ALS line of speakers, still being refined and grown yet today. Look at the present day continuation of the Carver Silver Seven tube amplifier… into the Black Beauty, Black Magic and the Cherry models. Desirable tube ampifiers by anyone’s measure!

(Formerly photo here...)

At CarverFest for the past 10 years and counting, we have celebrated Bob's designs...especially the amplifier and speaker designs. And to our incredible pleasure, we’ve been able to do this with Bob himself! The treat of this, his stories and his passion for audio is a pleasure for every moment we enjoy at the cabins.

So this year, I’d like to suggest we extend this recognition of Bob’s work into an area we’ve perhaps under recognized at CF. I’d like to suggest that we make the effort to celebrate the mark Bob’s designs have left on the tuner world.

(Formerly photo here....)

I sat through a presentation within the last couple years to professional broadcasters where the Carver TX-11 was lauded as an incredibly transparent and unique tuner well worth its going price (and more) on the street. It was being suggested as an example tuner for the difficult challenges of todays broadcast world, with its noise and multipath reduction circuits and wideband reception front end. This is again an amazing display of the recognition of the innovative design that has stood the test of a significant amount of passing time!

What I would love to see is a Carver designed tuner in every rig possible at CarverFest 2017. In return, an extremely unique source will be available for your listening. An experience that will showcase the very best today’s technology can achieve. And source material that will be a one time experience, a collection of audio never before done or to be repeated. Fun enough, you will regret if you can’t long form record the result.

Let's step up to this further recognition and appreciation of Bob and his amazing achievements that has brought us all so much fun and pleasure. Sound interesting?

Mark

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52 pm

Sounds like it will be fun Markie!! =D> I will be bringing a TX-11 to see what you have planned! \:D/ 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Return to “CARVERFEST 2017”