WHAT GEAR YOU BRINGING TO CF17????

11th Annual CARVERFEST 2017 September 6th - 20th
hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Re: WHAT GEAR YOU BRINGING TO CF17????

Post by hewlew1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Yes Robert one channel drops in an out.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:58 pm

sea wrote:I am bringing a pair of freshly rebuilt Quad ESL's. These are the original model first introduced in 1957. Many refer to them as Quad ESL 57 but that was not their official name.
Ed, Tim deParavicini designer the EAR Yoshino V20 specifically to power his ESL-57s. So..... I guess I'll be bringing same rig as last year.....and a table..a :lol: TURNTABLE...bwaahahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Ct 26 robert
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Don wrote:Look forward to hearing those classic Quads Ed. Only heard the newer ones.
Don you need to bring the 75! Wayne too. We need 75's in all three Lofts. Any other option would be blasphemy. :D
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Robert R wrote:Shortcake (or Harry?):

When you say it's 'mono' I take that to mean that there is one channel not working – is that the case?

It would help to know Make and Model, so I can look for service info before arriving up there in our isolated mountain world, where even Radio Shaft no longer exists. Also, I can possibly bring a few replacement parts for whatever might be causing the problem. Hope we get lucky.

Anyhow, see you soon!

Robert

carver ct26v and one channel off BUT occqsionally pops on for a song or two, then off again - BUT occasionally does not power up at all - then, it will. Ghost in the machine
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:27 pm

MRHP wrote:
Don wrote:Look forward to hearing those classic Quads Ed. Only heard the newer ones.
Don you need to bring the 75! Wayne too. We need 75's in all three Lofts. Any other option would be blasphemy. :D
Eric, it isn't going to happen unfortunately. :rolleyes: We are heading to Highlands, NC then Nashville, TN. for Terri's family reunion beforehand. That means Terri will be packing a half dozen purses, dozen or so shoes, and enough clothes to fill 4 suitcases. Then she has her makeup suitcase, along with her toiletries suitcase. Did I mention all of her hanging clothes and garment bag yet?

I think you are now starting to get the picture as to space limitions for the dog and I. ](*,)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:20 am

Don wrote:
MRHP wrote:
Eric, it isn't going to happen unfortunately. :rolleyes: We are heading to Highlands, NC then Nashville, TN. for Terri's family reunion beforehand. That means Terri will be packing a half dozen purses, dozen or so shoes, and enough clothes to fill 4 suitcases. Then she has her makeup suitcase, along with her toiletries suitcase. Did I mention all of her hanging clothes and garment bag yet?

I think you are now starting to get the picture as to space limitions for the dog and I. ](*,)
Haha I know the feeling. Sounds like you gonna need a U Haul just for her equipment...lol
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Guess I need to remember to put some piece of Schiit on my equipment to bring list.

Still thinkin' on the idea of bringing a table.... :rolleyes: (Insiders joke...)

:shock: :( :lol:
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 pm

radioeng2 wrote: Still thinkin' on the idea of bringing a table.... :rolleyes: (Insiders joke...)
:shock: :( :lol:
Mark

I hope not a fu*king picnic table ](*,)

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:29 pm

Anyone coming thats good at TX-11a repairs? I have one that was a unit BillD had and was going to rebuild. We had a auction for his wife and I won the bid. Then James (Retriever) did a rebuild with the parts BillD had left for it as a bonus. So it's kinda special to me. It powers up (indicator light) but nothing else. It was doing this and after a couple it would power up and work fine. Now NADA? I will figure out what clothes Susan does not need and put it our luggage as we are flying in :) :rolleyes:
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Robert should be able to look at it :-k
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Robert--you here that? :rolleyes:
Hey if we can get it back up then we I can loan it out to someone with a full system for radioeng2's experiment?
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:16 pm

If Robert can't the Bobfather will know what to do....he loves a challenge !!LOL

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm already in NC, at my 'staging area'. But it's internet-free, so I'm mostly out of touch. Also, it turns out to be Truesub-free, as well. Not sure how I could be so stupid as to take the CF speakers here from Florida last May and leave the MK II sub behind, but I managed it, somehow. So no bass for me.
As to the TX-11a, I'd be glad to look at it James, of course. Hope for power supply problems - easy to find and fix, and most probable. Are you bringing that latest tube amp, or should I call it an oscillator?

RobertR
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

My rig -

Post by treitz3 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:00 pm

Hi all and good afternoon to you. This is the system that will be featured in WS11 this year. This will be the last time this rig will be featured anywhere. From here on out, your ass will have to travel to my place to hear it. Anyhoo, here is the rig that will be featured...most equipment will be on an Elite rack...

PS - Richard Grey 400Pro Power Supply to –

CD/SACD - Marantz Reference Series SA-7S1,Nerve Audio PC and Transparent Reference IC's to Pre –

TT - Music Hall MMF-5 w/ Goldring 1012Gx cart, Joe's "The Clamp", isolation footing, the 25th Anniversary Edition Nitty Gritty DS Record Cleaning Machine in Jatoba finish and optional smoked acrylic cover. The "Shark" steam cleaner for additional cleaning effectiveness and superior LP playback performance. Jolida JD9 MarkII tubed phono pre w/ Tung Sol Gold-Pin 12AX7 Tubes, Analysis Plus Power Oval 10 PC and Transparent Reference IC's to Pre–

SERVER - Bluesound Node 2 NAP w/Transparent Gen5 Optical cable to a Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 Tube DAC w/ Transparent Reference IC's to Pre-

PRE - Dodd Audio MLP tubed pre-amplifier with custom wood remote and 4ea. 12AX7Ei Gold-Pins, isolation footings w/ custom cord to separate PS and pre. and from RG 400Pro to PS w/ Transparent Reference IC's to –

AMP - Musical Fidelity AC3r Dual Mono SS amplifier w/ PS Audio Prelude PC, Transparent Music Wave Ultra SC's to –

CROSSOVER - The crosssovers have been removed from the cabinets and were part of a 3 year project from design to finished product. Completely custom. A cabinet enclosure was manufactured from scratch to hold three levels of crossover components. 1st level, the original crossovers that came with the speakers. 2nd level, the tweeter network with all VR3 Abott series upgrades (his top tier line). 3rd level, VR3 Abott series upgrade bass and mid-bass network. This is actually two crossover networks in one enclosure so we can very rapidly change from the original crossovers that came with the speakers to the upgraded crossovers. Custom aircraft aluminum chassis with independently suspended/isolated shelves, powder coated black and spiked w/ custom umbilical cord to speakers with NL4 connections to –

SPEAKERS - Tyler Acoustics Lynbrook Signature Series one piece towers in Ribbon Mahogany. The speakers have been completely disassembled and rebuilt/finished from the ground up, resealed, damping material added, crossovers removed from the cabinet. Also, upgraded wiring, spikes, back plate and NL4 connector/umbilical cord that connects back to the crossover networks.

SUBS - Stereo set of Tyler Acoustic custom subs, each with 500w plate amps, spiked, Target stands that are also spiked w/ AQ King Cobra IC's and MIT "Y" splitter cables coming from the MF AC3r

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry will also be bringing the same sub we had for his Apogee setup he had from last year (incredible setup =D> ) and we will have selections of both vinyl and digital. It will be set up in the same exact spot where Jerry's Apogee set up was. I had two Rythmik F25 dual 12" 800w direct servo subs that were supposed to have been delivered to add to the system for CF but the hurricane that hit TX caused major delays with shipping. They were sitting off the coast for almost a week and now that they are in Galveston, TX? The roads are blocked to the next destination for shipping. They might be delivered to CF but I'm not holding my breath.

For those that know me, this system has gone through many changes over the years and I am nearing the pinnacle of my creation. I designed this system to sound great on all genre's of music, not just certain genre's at the expense of others. I feel confident that at this point, I have assembled a "world class system" and not just a damn nice stereo. I have confirmed this with my own ears after listening to many systems across the US, some costing more than 15 times as much as I have in mine. We shall see if you agree with my assessment and I look forward to any comments....whether they be negative OR positive. All I ask is that you be honest. Be sure to bring your best and favorite recordings down/up to the cabin and let's have some fun!

No Rap or Opera please. I have to draw the line there. =; I look forward to seeing everyone! Oh, I almost forgot. I will be bringing the BSG QOL if anyone wants to try it out in their rig.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2017”