CF2017 Last Minute Accomodations

11th Annual CARVERFEST 2017 September 6th - 20th
dennismiller55

CF2017 Last Minute Accomodations

Post by dennismiller55 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi all,

I have been a member here for quite sometime but rarely post. Actually, I don't post. I am active on the other site. I have an opportunity to spend a few days at this years Fest. I will be there Friday the 8th through Tuesday the 12th. 5 nights.

I can stay in the Cabin 5 bunkroom if I want. But to be honest I would not be comfortable in the bunkroom. So I am going to make reservations in the next few days at the Bryson Microtel Motel.

Before I do I was wondering if anyone attending has an empty bedroom in their cabin. Maybe someone has cancelled. Please PM if you do.

Thanks,

Dennis

Robert R
TFM-75

Re: CF2017 Last Minute Accomodations

Post by Robert R » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Dennis – You would be most welcome, and probably there will be a room someplace. Are you coming alone?

The 3 double-decker beds in Cabin 5 would put you in with me, and maybe nobody else - a horrible prospect indeed, though I'm not sure Cabin 5 is even rented for the first night you mention. Perhaps #12 has a room. There are the 4 “Treehouse” units, as well.

Anyhow, this is the tenth year of the Fest, and in all that time I can't recall a case of anybody going to outside accommodations. F*** the Microtel - once you get into the Watershed scene you won't want to leave for a minute. This is your family that you just haven't met yet.

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Dennis

Glad you can make it looking forward to meeting you.

The bunk beds in cabin 5 are not that bad, as all you do is sleep in them. Robert is a fine guy to share with.

If all else fails there are the Treehouse's

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 am

Dennis, Robert said it best and Brian offered the alternative. If you're going to Disneyland, why not stay at the resort? Looking forward to meeting you!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:34 am

Hi Dennis,

I understand the hesitation. We all went through the first fest thing of not really knowing folks and the situation. Once you get the vibe of the folks and the surroundings, it's all different. So do what make you comfortable but do know that you'll feel much better once you meet everyone and start to relax into the place and the entire situation. It's simply a great vacation time like no other!

I'd also suggesting trying to get a bottom dollar price on one of the Treehouses. Doubt it'd be too much different price and simply being on site will certainly have it's advantages. Those places are still very, very nice even if smaller than the big cabins. Kinda helps kick back when you can cook your own meals in your space and as you have the time. Just a whole different feel and if you need vacation as much as I do, you'll enjoy stepping out the door on the super nice deck during your morning breakfast. Much different deal than it'd be at a hotel.

We all have went through that first time going to the fest and typically it's enjoyed so much by the time you leave, you just can't wait for the next one! Look forward to seeing you there in a few weeks!!

Mark

PS...bring some tunes!
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

dennismiller55

Post by dennismiller55 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 pm

OK. I called and they are holding reservations for me at one of the Tree House cabins. Monday, they are suppose to call me back with the Fest discount.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

dennismiller55 wrote:OK. I called and they are holding reservations for me at one of the Tree House cabins. Monday, they are suppose to call me back with the Fest discount.
SWEET!!! =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Return to “CARVERFEST 2017”