Help with replacement amber light 4 Cinema Grand

Sunfire Home Theater Discussions and Questions
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Help with replacement amber light 4 Cinema Grand

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 am

Ok as you all know I got a damaged Cinema Grand amp so I looked and can not find any post on replacement of the AMBER light bulb that is in there. Where can I get this bulb at - must I order it from Sunfire or??? Any help with this would be great!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Help with replacement amber light 4 Cinema Grand

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 am

Sunfire will USUALLY ship them to you for free. They are a relatively simple solder-in job. You might want to ask Sunfire what the spec is & see about LED replacements, as they last MANY TIMES longer~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:17 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Sunfire will USUALLY ship them to you for free. They are a relatively simple solder-in job. You might want to ask Sunfire what the spec is & see about LED replacements, as they last MANY TIMES longer~
TNRabbit, I emailed Sunfire on this amp however there reply was a referal to Rita's! I never ask them at Rita's on the LED but they did not have any Bulbs at this time but are helping me with everyother thing on the amp that needs to be done \:D/

Parts express had the bulb's so I got "4" so down the road it was covered. I would love to hear more on the LED's as back when Mr M500t did his to blue he also set me up with my too M500t's and I loved em...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:20 pm

bulb replacement is automatic when they go to Rita/Bill, so I would not sweat it and let them take care of it when it gets there.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

Carv-it-up
TFM-6cb

Post by Carv-it-up » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Scarabeo - you mentioned that you bought replacement bulbs for your CG.
Did they work out for your rig; if so, what part number are they?
Two Signature Cinema Grand Series II amplifiers (both are used in bi-amping my Infinity IRS Beta speakers)
Cherry 180's (use them off & on to power the mids/highs tower of IRS Beta speakers)
Sunfire Signature 600~Two amplifier (used on Thiel CS5i)
Carver TX-12 tuner
Own & working, but not in use right now - Sunfire Series II amplifier + two Carver M500t MKII amplifiers + Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamplifier preamp w/ phono & remote.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:20 am

Carv-it-up wrote:Scarabeo - you mentioned that you bought replacement bulbs for your CG.
Did they work out for your rig; if so, what part number are they?
I got it taken care of for me but you can get them at www.partsexpress.com and here is the bulb you will need: 12V 100mA Axial Lamp 0.16" x 0.8" (Part Number: 070-280) They are cheap so I would buy a couple extra and have them on hand!

Carv-it-up
TFM-6cb

Post by Carv-it-up » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks mann. Now the real issue is putting them in. Did you do it? The place I had do mine a couple of weeks ago charged me :shock: $120.00 ](*,) and I supplied the bulb (granted the bulb is only a buck, but still). I really don’t want to go that route again if I can help it.
For those who did it themselves, how did it go? Easy? A little tricky? Or hard because of some other factors? …and what equipment did you need? I don’t have anything equipment wise, past a screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, etc…the basic stuff a guy has around the house.
Two Signature Cinema Grand Series II amplifiers (both are used in bi-amping my Infinity IRS Beta speakers)
Cherry 180's (use them off & on to power the mids/highs tower of IRS Beta speakers)
Carver TX-12 tuner
Own & working, but not in use right now - Sunfire Series II amplifier + two Carver M500t MKII amplifiers + Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamplifier preamp w/ phono & remote.

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Carv-it-up wrote:Thanks mann. Now the real issue is putting them in. Did you do it? The place I had do mine a couple of weeks ago charged me :shock: $120.00 ](*,) and I supplied the bulb (granted the bulb is only a buck, but still). I really don’t want to go that route again if I can help it.
For those who did it themselves, how did it go? Easy? A little tricky? Or hard because of some other factors? …and what equipment did you need? I don’t have anything equipment wise, past a screwdrivers, pliers, hammer, etc…the basic stuff a guy has around the house.
I haven't replaced one but looking at the bulb with two leads it looks like you just solder them in.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:00 pm

Carv-it-up wrote:Thanks mann. Now the real issue is putting them in. Did you do it? The place I had do mine a couple of weeks ago charged me :shock: $120.00 ](*,) and I supplied the bulb (granted the bulb is only a buck, but still). I really don’t want to go that route again if I can help it.
HOLY SHIT~

I'm in the wrong business....
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:12 pm

I have done so many of them I can do it in my sleep, blindfolded, and with both hands tied behind my back. It is a very easy thing to do. If fact, I need to replace the one on my 600x2 AGAIN!!!(third time in two months ](*,) )
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:29 pm

I refuse. Mine has never burned & won't until I get an LED replacement figured out. Why bother?

It's all about the SOUND; I could give ONE SHIT about the meter, as it doesn't really do anything of importance, anyway.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 pm

nooshinjohn wrote: I have done so many of them I can do it in my sleep, blindfolded, and with both hands tied behind my back. It is a very easy thing to do. If fact, I need to replace the one on my 600x2 AGAIN!!!(third time in two months ](*,) )
Next time you're in there (or maybe you already know), what is the voltage and is it AC or DC. If it's DC, an LED solution would be easy (just an appropriate resistor and LED).
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Carv-it-up
TFM-6cb

Post by Carv-it-up » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 pm

nooshinjohn wrote: I have done so many of them I can do it in my sleep, blindfolded, and with both hands tied behind my back. It is a very easy thing to do. If fact, I need to replace the one on my 600x2 AGAIN!!!(third time in two months ](*,) )

I'm not trying to say anythig, but you've had to do it that often...you might be doing something wrong :-k :lol:
Carver TX-12 tuner

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

BillD wrote:
Next time you're in there (or maybe you already know), what is the voltage and is it AC or DC. If it's DC, an LED solution would be easy (just an appropriate resistor and LED).

They are AC...

Carv-it-up
TFM-6cb

Post by Carv-it-up » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

…but seriously (nooshinjohn) I would like to know how for future reference.
List of things I’ll need.

I know the meter doesn’t add to the sound, but it does add a lot to the atmosphere when it’s lit…and indirectly that adds to the sound or should I say the experience.
To each his own though.
Carver TX-12 tuner

Return to “Sunfire Home (Theater)”