New Ultimate Receiver thrown into the mix

Sunfire Home Theater Discussions and Questions
Toy Maker
Puppet Master

New Ultimate Receiver thrown into the mix

Post by Toy Maker » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:00 am

With the insane "stereo" setup already in place, it's not exactly practical to turn on 75 tubes every time you want some background music, or to watch a movie.

So last night, we decided to grab one of the Ultimate Reveivers, and threw a few of the mini Mirage satelites aroubd the room, and threw in a little powered sub I slapped together a while ago at the shop.

I'll tell you what... It shounds pretty damn good, for a quick 45 minute rigged up surround system.
It's nice to be able to listen to a little background music, and watch TV without having to turn the AC on :lol:

This weekend, we might get up in the attic and run some new wires to get the surrounds placed where we really want them...

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: New Ultimate Receiver thrown into the mix

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:58 pm

must be good to have a helper -
if you find an old Sunfire 400 up in your attic, let me know

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Where in the sam hell did you come up with all this stuff man?

I am insanely jealous.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, Triangle Art Reference SE prototype, with Walker Precision speed controller and Origin Conqueror tonearm and Dynaudio 20x2, Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Oppo BDP-93

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Jag_97470 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 pm

[quote="nooshinjohn"]Where in the sam hell did you come up with all this stuff man?

Do you think James knows somebody who knows somebody? :-k Because somebody definitely knows somebody!

Return to “Sunfire Home (Theater)”