Robert Remington 2
Morris Maloney 3
Greg Garska 6
Brian Turner 2
Bob Schinske 2
Travis Garrett 3
Brian Lemons 3
William Cobb 5

They are all coming in a small flat rate box except for BrianT. Yours is coming international fist class.

Please let me know if you or your builder are not on this list and you are expecting parts. I could have easily gotten confused.

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Re: 2018 Carverfest Tube Power Amplifier Build

Post by BrianT » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:50 pm

sea wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:27 pm
I just dropped off packages at the post office as follows:

Brian Turner 2
They are all coming in a small flat rate box except for BrianT. Yours is coming international fist class.

Please let me know if you or your builder are not on this list and you are expecting parts. I could have easily gotten confused.
Thanks Ed

I will let you know when they arrive.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

packratt
M-400t CUBE

Post by packratt » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:14 pm

ITS ALIVE

Hooked up to laptop, Schiit Modi and Carverfest speakers. Setup is hardly perfect. Speakers are about 3 ft apart 6 inches behind the amp on the bench.

The first song was a little disappointing output wise "Uncle John's Band" was a little quiet. Couple more Dead songs and Florence & The Machine started the meter jumping. The longer it played the louder the top end got.

Sounds great. I do have a little hum, but it appears to be tube hum because it was present when the amp was hooked to dummy load and not speakers. Wasn't noticeable with music.

This was also the break in for the CF speakers.

Now to start on #2.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:02 am

Packratt
Keep us posted on how things progress. I hooked up my CF 275 that Jerry and Martin so graciously assembled for me. =D> Listened to tunes most of the day yesterday. Very impressive. Will post my thoughts I shared with a couple of members a little later.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:06 am

Shared with a couple of forum members:
Cut and paste:
My quick impressions while watching college football with TV volume down and stereo music up: Not critical listening but....
As mentioned last night, very impressed with Carverfest 275. Thanks Jerry and Martin once again, excellent job.
Have not found a weakness yet. Where this amp really shines IMHO early on are the vocals, midrange, separation of instruments, wide and deep soundstage and dynamics. The imaging is consistently outside and above the speakers. Fleshes out the placement of instruments very well. Of course recording dependent. Garbage in, garbage out scenario.
Pulled out the Omni mic to see how it measures vs the Sunfire current source. In my set up, with my Marantz HTR/preamp, the sensitivity is very similar. Around 5k the CF 275 has a touch of roll off of about .5db to .75db consistently on out to beyond my hearing. A linear line, not a progressive decrease.
I think everyone will be pleased depending on sensitivity of speakers, listening volume and room size with this very attractive amp. Dunlavy's very efficient, in the low 90's. When I get time and tired of it in the Dunlavy system (may be a while) will try on much less efficient Apogees and Plat 4's. Then compare to TFM75.
Everyone have a nice weekend.
Don
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:51 pm

Don, thanks for the review. I noticed characteristics similar to those you mention while in Bryson City. Tons of ‘air’ around the instruments and place the vocalist in a nice halo. Very similar to something Angelo was doing with his speakers a few years back. The presentation is quite different when compared to my EAR. I find ‘the listen’ very enjoyable.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”