Has anyone heard from Don?

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Has anyone heard from Don?

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:53 am

I haven't seen Don post in a while, anyone heard or seen him.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Has anyone heard from Don?

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:02 pm

Sent them a message via FB right after the hurricane,, did not hear anything though

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:46 pm

He’s OK. Working on rebuilding his mothers house and some of his rental properties. Just received a text from him today. I’ll let him know that is missed.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:58 pm

kingman wrote:He’s OK. Working on rebuilding his mothers house and some of his rental properties. Just received a text from him today. I’ll let him know that is missed.
Wayne

Please do
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Thanks Wayne!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:22 am

Glad everyone is ok.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Sorry I have been awol and missed the Fest. Irma did a number on both Flagler Beach and the Keys. Tremendous flooding in Flagler Beach. Whereas the Keys were hit with both wind damage and flooding. Unfortunately, dealing with Mom's home ( a priority), which had about 15 inches of salt water in it and two rental homes in Flagler Beach that had about 6 to 8 inches of salt water in them. Total clean out of all three homes. Had to cut about 2 ft. of drywall ou t of all three homes. Keys home, which had the strongest winds had the least amount of damage. Wind direction in our development actually blew the water out. However, lost my tiki hut which I just re-thatched last year and boat lift davits. Tenant's 31ft. Scarab Sport boat sank while collapsing my davit boat lifts do to weight of water in boat.

Our home in Flagler Beach suffered the usual suck out of soffits and porch materials. No structural damage PTL. Did not flood at our home because we built to a higher elevation than code, but dock was separated in three different pieces do to storm surge. Our home was a virtual island surrounded by the flooding of the Intracoastal. Any homes near the Intracoastal waterway that built to the minimum code of 6 ft. above mean high water flooded. Ironically, the board I chair had recommended raising the code height to 7 ft. last year for new construction, but our Commissioners caved to three local homebuilders and decided to leave it at 6 ft. Would not have made a difference with the older existing homes, but sure would have made a difference with the homes built in the last year at 6 ft. They will be upset with me because I called for a vote to put it back on our agenda for discussion again. FEMA recommended 7 ft.

Anyhow, will be probably another couple of months before I can get caught up again and put all of this aggravation behind me. Dealing with 5 homes currently. Look forward to getting back in the swing of things again. Miss BS'ing with everyone and certainly missed the camaraderie of the feast. Here are a couple of pictures.
Attachments
Tiki Hut in the Keys.jpg
Tiki Hut in the Keys.jpg (104.38 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Davits in Keys.jpg
Davits in Keys.jpg (120.13 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Friends Home 2 down from Mom's.jpg
Friends Home 2 down from Mom's.jpg (126.15 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Our dock, backyard and Intracoastal.jpg
Mom's Interior 1.jpg
Mom's Clean out 2.jpg
Mom's Clean out 1.jpg
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Glad you're getting things caught up. Miss those great sunrises from Flagler posts!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Hurricane Irma still taking it's toll on our street. 5 homes have been demolished so far do to flooding, with rebuilds taking place. Most original owners, but some investors. Here are two more that are coming down as I type this. Yellow home was just remodeled a couple of years ago. Even though homes dryed out, owners did not want to go through that again.
IMG_0281.jpg
Attachments
IMG_0306.jpg
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”