Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
UncleMeat
M-400t CUBE

Re: Carverfest Cabin Reservation "Hierarchy" Updates

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Martin1970 wrote:You're so intense when it comes to tube amps, I didn't realize that you enjoyed hanging with us, too. I loved chatting with you and your wife. Glad to hear you want to come back for the rest of it also!
I was there for "the rest of it" the first time; I was there for 2 weeks! I still didn't get to meet.hang out with everyone, and check out all of the systems there as evidenced in photos I saw AFTER getting back home. Truthfully, I spent way too much time listening to the new-to-me amp at CF and flyfishing (another passion in life) the first time around. It's strange fishing rivers that flow from west to east; another first for me.

I'm more 'intense' about Carver equipment than tube amps BTW, the Marshall amp (first tube amp I've owned) and going to CF was with fingers crossed that Bob would work some of his magic on it; remember? It didn't turn out that way due to time constraints and the way the amp is constructed (which was totally OK with me); but nonetheless I was INSPIRED by EVERYONE to dive in and re-cap/repair it; then work some mods into the amp myself. My desire to return to CF 2018 is because I could not attend 2017, to get to meet/know people who I missed or didn't get to spend enough time with, AND because I'd like to take part in something special like the tube amp build with Bob, RobertR, MARK; and you, Martin.

Oh, and also because I was invited back by someone who considers me a friend and I'd like to see again:
20180104_102208_2.jpg

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:33 pm

This is exactly what I am trying to prevent Martin. I am not the Grand Master.

I just don't want the pitchforks and witch hunting from the masses.....which is apparently what you are promoting. *sigh*

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Martin....
Right now, It's the same people it's always been. Me & Tom & (whoever is in charge at Watershed "Chris" for now)

I have stayed out of this for the last couple years for reasons you know. It was being handled well by Mark, so I felt no need to be present.
Things have changed and it seemed someone with a very neutral perspective was needed again.
I don't care if I go... I don't care if you go... I don't care if CF ends today. I'm objective as FUCK up in this bitch :lol:

2/3 of ALL the cabins, are Totally FULL already !!!! The rules have always been that "Part Timers" need to fall in where ever they can, as cabins fill up. Not everyone is going to be 100% happy all the time. My goal is to at least make everyone equally un-happy.

WS-1 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-2 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-3 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-5 BOOKED 9 DAYS
WS-6 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-7 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-8 BOOKED 16 DAYS
WS-9 BOOKED 10 DAYS
WS-10 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-11 BOOKED 10 DAYS
WS-12 BOOKED 14 DAYS
TH-A BOOKED 14 DAYS
TH-C BOOKED 14 DAYS
FV-1 BOOKED 14 DAYS

TH-B BOOKED 7 DAYS
TH-D BOOKED 5 DAYS
Lofts BOOKED 7 DAYS
FV-2 BOOKED 0 DAYS
FV-3 BOOKED 0 DAYS
Cloud-8BOOKED 0 DAYS

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm

Thank you for answering my question, James.

Here you go Tom:
Here you go Tom.gif
Here you go Tom.gif (2.12 MiB) Viewed 438 times
Last edited by Martin1970 on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 pm

UncleMeat wrote: I was there for "the rest of it" the first time; I was there for 2 weeks! I still didn't get to meet.hang out with everyone, and check out all of the systems there as evidenced in photos I saw AFTER getting back home. snip
Well, I'm glad you're not just in it for the amp stuff. Sometimes things come across differently on a forum. Glad you're in no matter what!

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Martin1970 wrote:Thank you for answering my question, James.
No problem :)

I know that Travis' spot has become an issue this year. As far as I have heard so far, he is the only one having a real issue trying to find a place to stay. Travis and I spoke the other day, and many ideas, and options were laid out for him. Unfortunately, he has quite a few "issues" he has to try to contend with to get the ideal vacation.

1) He's only coming for 7-8 days (This automatically puts him down to the bottom 1/3 of the hierarchy based on "rental length")
2) More Privacy (This further narrows his options based on what cabins are left)
3) His wife's vacation days MUST be locked in by Jan 31 (This I think we can all agree is do-able based on his circumstances, if a solution is found)
4) He wants to be ON "The Hill" (A tough ask being in the bottom 1/3 already, and very few options being available)
5) He wants to be there the same days as some of his other friends (even more difficult)
6) He doesn't want to pull rank and boot someone that could be staying less days then him (Understandable, not very polite, BUT this is a personal decision)

With 2/3 of the entire list of cabins fully booked already, his options have become fewer, but with some compromise, there are still quite a few very good options left open to him.

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:15 pm

Magnaryder wrote:George, Brian tried on several occasions to relieve me of another unopened SgtPepper. It was always yours

ray
Ray

You fucker, now I know why you would not let me have it. \:D/

George I hope you enjoy it. =D>

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:59 pm

BrianT wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:George, Brian tried on several occasions to relieve me of another unopened SgtPepper. It was always yours

ray
Ray

You fucker, now I know why you would not let me have it. \:D/

George I hope you enjoy it. =D>

Brian
George has his Brian, gave it to him several years ago. I'll get one for you too!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Sorry this is long. I don't know how to make it less lame.

I'm still not clear on what the incentive is on the split week thing.
I know Watershed requested it for additional nights booked, but I don't see anyone wanting to book the first week and then leaving right when things start getting good. They'd miss the Saturday party, the group photo, the best part of it.
What do we gain? Why are we even trying to earn Watershed even more?
Does someone there have a kid who needs chemo?
I'm just not seeing the motivation for doing this.

If someone wants to book 7 days right the fuck in the middle, let 'em. If another person wants in that cabin for 7 then we give them the option to pick which half. But honestly, it's such a narrow scenario, I think if someone wants to take it, they'll just go the 10 option.

Yeah, I know it's boring pain-in-the-ass to read policy shit, but that's what this thread is for, right?

Here's what I think happened. Chris asked for this and it stuck in everyone's head and we've just been saying no ever since without really thinking about the implication: Two parties can have a half-ass Carverfest rather than one having a great Carverfest for $500 less and only having to take 5 days off of work.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:18 pm

Martin1970 wrote: I'm still not clear on what the incentive is on the split week thing.
There really IS NO "split week thing" That was the idea Ray and Mark were working on, and Chris said it didn't need to be a 7-day thing at all. Just to try to shift the stay to either end of the event

I know Watershed requested it for additional nights booked, but I don't see anyone wanting to book the first week and then leaving right when things start getting good. They'd miss the Saturday party, the group photo, the best part of it. What do we gain? Why are we even trying to earn Watershed even more? Does someone there have a kid who needs chemo? I'm just not seeing the motivation for doing this.
Anyone coming in the middle of the week for 5-7 would get the boot by someone staying 10-14 days right away. This whole issue WOULD sort itself out anyway.

If someone wants to book 7 days right the fuck in the middle, let 'em. If another person wants in that cabin for 7 then we give them the option to pick which half. But honestly, it's such a narrow scenario, I think if someone wants to take it, they'll just go the 10 option.
Anyone coming in the middle of the week for 7 would get the boot by someone staying 10-14 days right away. Show me a cabin someone wanting to come for the middle 7 days could actually get today.
ALL of the primary cabins on the mountain are booked for 9-16 days already. This whole argument is really a moot point.

WS-1 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-2 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-3 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-5 BOOKED 9 DAYS
WS-6 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-7 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-8 BOOKED 16 DAYS
WS-9 BOOKED 10 DAYS
WS-10 BOOKED 14 DAYS
WS-11 BOOKED 10 DAYS
WS-12 BOOKED 14 DAYS
TH-A BOOKED 14 DAYS
TH-C BOOKED 14 DAYS
FV-1 BOOKED 14 DAYS

TH-B BOOKED 7 DAYS
TH-D BOOKED 5 DAYS
Lofts BOOKED 7 DAYS
FV-2 BOOKED 0 DAYS
FV-3 BOOKED 0 DAYS
Cloud-8BOOKED 0 DAYS

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Things have changed and it seemed someone with a very neutral perspective was needed again.
I don't care if I go... I don't care if you go... I don't care if CF ends today. I'm objective as FUCK up in this bitch :lol:
negan.jpg
negan.jpg (9.36 KiB) Viewed 396 times
and there you have it.

Thank you for participating and have a great day.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:36 pm

Which cabin is Negan in? :D

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:39 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Which cabin is Negan in? :D
Ask Lucille !!!

UncleMeat
M-400t CUBE

Post by UncleMeat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Martin1970 wrote:Sorry this is long. I don't know how to make it less lame.

I'm still not clear on what the incentive is on the split week thing.

What do we gain? Why are we even trying to earn Watershed even more?

I'm just not seeing the motivation for doing this.

Yeah, I know it's boring pain-in-the-ass to read policy shit, but that's what this thread is for, right?
I think incentive was to help with total attendance which is going to peak this year. Also I think several people may have over-booked with the 14 day 'dibbs' trumping any other reservation duration (aside from prior attendance at the same cabin w/full run asked for). We know that weekend/weekend booking are the 'prime' dates, maybe some event schedule changes could help change that?

The cabins are 3/4 reserved now (only offsite cabins are totally open) and it's still 8+ months away. There are a lot of people on -that other list- who say they will be attending CF who don't have a place to stay planned yet.

There is no such thing as 'forced charity'. Charity (sharing) comes from the goodness of those who are charitable, or when it's wholeheartedly agreed to by consensus of opinion. If you wish to say 'fuck 'em' to those who are not the regular attendees and let them have the scraps for attendance dates it's everyone's choice, but that does not go along with the sentiment that 'everyone is welcome at CF' as has been said many times in the past either, does it?

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

This is new information...

Post by treitz3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Hello and good evening to you Uncle Meat. Who is on the "other list", when are they planning on staying and how may we accommodate them?

This is the first I have heard of other folks coming...

Please advise. Thanks,

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”