Drive from the airport

12th Annual CARVERFEST 2018 September 5th - 19th
frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Drive from the airport

Post by frankieD » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:33 pm

We usually fly into Charlotte and drive (3 hours) to the cabins.

I'm wondering how long it takes to drive from Atlanta to the cabins?

Just a little bored with the Charlotte trip.

Anybody (George I know you've made that trip)

Let me know as I have to make Plane reservations soon.

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Re: Drive from the airport

Post by oldtexasdog » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:13 pm

I don't know any thing about Atlanta except every time I have flown through there it has been a nightmare. How about Nashville? Its a shorter drive and you can come up through the National Forest.
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Fly into GSA in Greenville SC. 2 hours and 11 minutes to Carverfest and you are 45 minutes away from me. A scenic drive with little traffic also. 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Knoxville is only 2 hours away as well!!
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

skip
aka (Sasquach)

Post by skip » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:35 am

It's about 2.5 hrs from Atlanta to the cabins Frankie. The only problem is having to drive thru Atlanta in order to get from the airport to Bryson City. The traffic can be killer depending on the time of day. You'll get a cheaper fare to Atlanta. You also might check flights to Asheville, NC. It's only about an hour drive from there.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

I should have been more thorough...I need an airport that has direct flights from LAX.

We have flown into Ashville but it requires a connecting flight.

So far the only close airports that I know about that fly direct from LAX are Charlotte and Atlanta.

Do any of these other airports get direct flights?

Tell me if you know...I will try to find out from this end.

Thanks

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Atlanta traffic starts building up early,, if you can get an earlier flight into Atlanta,, say 4:30 to 5:30 am you will be good,,anything later is a crap shoot,,once you clear I 85 and 285,,you should be good since you will be headed north.

BarryG
Newbie 50+

Post by BarryG » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:26 pm

I used to live in Johnson City TN, flights into Tri cities airport in East Tennessee and Asheville nc usually run through Atlanta or Charlotte, also a small airport in Knoxville probably similar!

Barry
Carver C-11 (BillD modified by Dennis Miller),Carver TX-11b, Carver SD/A-390t, Carver C-9, Carver M-1.0t MKII Opt. 2, Carver M-500t MKII (RichP’s final MKII before retirement), Carver TFM-45, Cambridge Audio DAC, Tube Buffer (MusicFidelity Clone), Sony Blu-Ray Player, Technics SL-7 turntable with Technics 310MC moving coil cartridge, DBX 3bx-ds, Polk SDA1B’s (upgraded and modded by me), Carver ALS (Original upgraded), Sunfire Subwoofer TES-EQ10, Interconnects by Doug, Speaker Wires by Doug, Salamander Archetype Equipment rack X2.

UncleMeat
TFM-6cb

Post by UncleMeat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 am

I went through Atlanta in 2016. I got on the road for Bryson City at about 6pm. There was commute traffic going out of Atlanta, it was slow but not nearly as bad as I expected. NOTHING like LA area traffic. It took me about 3 hours total to drive time to Bryson (not including a stop at Cabela's that took way longer than expected). It's a pretty straight drive, not through slow winding roads like going to Knoxville.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2018”