Many of you know how hard it is to pin down Bob and get good information. I have spoken to him a couple of times in the last several days as has RobertR. He may want to reply with additions or clarifications.
This is the status as I understand it.
- Bob is really starting to feel the pressure to get this done and realizes that time is short
- However he is confidant that he will get it done.
- He told me that the project is running well above budget. He did not state an amount. He did say that he was going to absorb the overage
- The amps will come equipped with KT88's to hold the cost down a little. He is willing to send enough KT120's for those that want to upgrade
- Please post to this thread if you would like to trade up to KT120's. The additional $ will be collected at Carverfest. I am not sure of the upcharge. I am guessing less than $100 but don't hold me to it.
- He still plans to have the PCB's populated and tested but I think there is a chance this will not get done in time
- I think the plan is to distribute the Kits on Saturday Sept 8