Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: CarverFest 2019 Cabin Reservation Discussion

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:34 pm

trav0810 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:20 pm
Toy Maker wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 pm
But I'm not missing the chance to get our cabin back.
you could have saved yourself a lot of typing by just saying that. There is no doubt that's what this all comes down to, you doing whatever it takes to make sure you get your cabin back. Even if it means "accidentally" missing a PM that would have kept you from getting your cabin back.
Yup that's me... :rolleyes:

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 pm

Ya know, I was going to stay out of all this, but reading all the shit that's being said, really pisses me off. I really don't care who's feelings get hurt by this, as in the end, the ones who know I'm not talking about them, fucking know!
James may not be willing to stoop to your level on all this shit, but I'm young, dumb and looking for some fun!

First off, James didn't "accidently" ignore a PM, you have no idea how much shit goes on, in and around our life, the chances of us actually opening the forum AT ALL in a given day is the equivalent of FUCK ALL! The only reason we have been on it at all this past month is because new users needed to be added and the new thread for CF2019. We NEVER check our PMs, we don't have that kind of time! (Thank you Shortcake and DrMark for your patience)

Just like James said, our reasons for missing/attending CF is none of any of y'alls business, but since you want to insinuate that James is doing this out of personal greed, let me just say, FUCK YOU!! For three years we have been dicked around when it comes to going to this event, regardless of the circumstance or mother nature herself, I'm honestly sick of missing my goddamn vacation. I am grateful that Ray and James buried the hatchet last year, but mother nature had other plans, AT THE LAST FUCKIN MINUTE.... We spent what should have been our vacation in 100°, 100% humidiy, stagnat swamp water for 2 weeks WITHOUT POWER!!! SORRY THAT WE COULDNT MAKE IT!!! -.-
Thankfully, again this year Ray extended the same olive branch, and you bet your ass we are going to take it! James did not "ignore" the PM, HE'S NEVER ON HERE!!!

Carverfest stopped being fun for me back in 2011. It turned into work, and the point of Carverfest was to get away from work, enjoy time with buddies, listen to some tunes! All the drama that has been brought into this event, I don't care if it's 10 minutes old or 10 years old, it's still there, it's still bothersome, it's like a fucking virus! THE ONLY reason I want to come back is because of you badass mutha fuckaz that I call friends! (Y'all know who you are and who ain't.)

Let me be the 1st of the "Sauter Clan" to say, fuck you whiny bitchez and your feelings, we run this forum, we created this event (with Tom and Ray, luv ya guys!) and I AM CALLIN SENIORITY MUTHA FUCKERZ!!! you don't like it, don't fuckin come! For the rest of you wonderous fucks, cya in September!

Oh and by the way, FUCK ALL Y'ALL who shit on Mark and Ray last year, they stepped up where no one else did and kept CF organized! I'm appalled that some of you were such colossal assholes that it ran Mark off the forum! That's FUCKED! Marky Mark!!! I miiiiisssssss uuuuuu!!! Come back 2019!!!
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Alex, your dad made a verbal deal with Ray.
And the next day he decided it was engraved in stone like one of Moses' tablets.
Well, fact is, had he been doing his job as organizer of this event and checking his official forum messages,
he'd have never been able to make that deal.
Which, I might add is perfectly liquid.

And it's pretty apparent to everyone that Cabin 12 is part of that organizer deal.

So, let's not play victim on this.
Your dad fell short of his responsibility and is currently insisting on screwing SteveK out of his rightful reservation.

No one is whining. We're simply calling your dad out for doing something unethical.
We're trying to encourage him to do the right thing.
I'd love to see you. I'd love to see him.
But screwing someone else over to 'get yours' is not the way you do it.
There are lots of really honest, ethical people in this group.
And every one of them can imagine themselves in Steve's shoes, myself included.
I'd suggest you join the rest of us and encourage him to do what you know is right.
You are a better person than this.

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm

Martin, I'm a sociopath, trying to guilt me into seeing it your way ain't going to work. This is between Ray and Steve.
Where Steve screwed up is he didn't post it publicly and didn't make a phone call.
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:27 pm

So Steve didn't post publicly in a thread that didn't exist or call a phone number he didn't know?
He did the ONLY THING he could do. And he did it FIRST.

It's not between Ray and Steve.
It's between your dad and the rest of Carverfest.
There's no 'my way of thinking'
I mean, we all get that y'all want your vacation.
But the mental gymnastics we're trying to go through to justify this are astounding:

'Well, see, it's like if I sold a preamp to someone.."
No, no it's not. This event is NEXT YEAR.

'Well, I see the pm but I haven't looked at it.'
Yeah, and if you see it, you know is says Cabin Reservation 2019.

Even the way it's all phrased is trying to lend it some kind of credibility.
How stupid would we have to be to not see how clearly crooked this is?

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:37 am

The 2019 reservation thread was up/locked for several days. I might have called dibbs on 11 from CF last week if it wasn't. I called AR9Jim to ask him if he wanted to share WS-11 last week but he couldn't commit. Then I thought about Jerry and decided not to.

If Steve asked for it first, regardless of how or if it was read, and Jerry is not interested in it; it should be Steve's to take.

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:41 am

Well Alex, sounds like you're the one that got their feelings hurt. The people complaining on this thread are just expecting a little bit of integrity out of the person that is supposed to be organizing this event. If they are so god-awful busy that they can't check the form so that they can book cabins according to their own rules, then they should step aside and let someone who has the time to do it, do it. if you are going to run it in a manner that is going to create a lot of backlash, and your shoulders aren't brought enough for your back isn't strong enough to carry that weight, again, step aside.

there is nothing in in pecking order, or any Carver Facebooking rules that say someone is supposed to contact James by phone. That is actually circumventing the rules as they are established. So, don't decide to be a dick, fuck someone out of their cabin, then expect to be viewed as a victim. no one gives a shit why or why not you choose to attend Carver Fest, or stay home. But when you miss it for a few years, and then you make some under-the-table deal to get your cabin back, don't think that it will go unnoticed.

loner_t
Newbie 50+

Post by loner_t » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:21 am

@SteveK... if you are up for a bit of communal living, WS5 will make room for you.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 am

can anyone tell me the last PM that was responded to timely? Just curious.

I sent several over the year and frequent ones during the fest for an approval. took me reaching out on a forum thread to get a reaction. I always assumed it was a post that had to be made for anything.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 am

Shortcake wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:27 am
can anyone tell me the last PM that was responded to timely? Just curious.

I sent several over the year and frequent ones during the fest for an approval. took me reaching out on a forum thread to get a reaction. I always assumed it was a post that had to be made for anything.
Apparently it doesn't have anything to do with a post, which is what I thought the process was as well. Considering Ray never did post that he was going to be taking Watershed 11. Steve was the first one to post on a thread that he wanted it. First person to post for it, would certainly be the best method since it would take out of the equation any chances of impropriety.

pindrop

Post by pindrop » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:51 pm

I had a really great time with Ray and Mike in WS12 this year. For a little over a week I got to hang with a great group of people and James, I really missed you and Alex and the rest of the clan being there after having spent time with you at your house to listen to the speakers. I know you guys would have added to an already great time.

After reading all these posts and seeing a problem exists once again in the reservations and pecking order, I decided to look at the central rule that is at the top of your post for 2019 CarverFest reservations:

AS PER THE RULES, ALL PRIOR YEARS MEMBERS HAVE 1ST DIBBS ON THE CABIN THEY WERE IN LAST YEAR. IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE ATTENDING CARVERFEST THIS YEAR TELL US ASAP, SO THAT YOUR CABIN CAN BE PUT BACK IN THE POOL FOR ALL OTHERS TO ATTEND.

In your talks with Ray you said that he and Mike released their claim to cabin WS12 to you as the event coordinator in charge of the rules and reservations as soon as they knew they didn't want it. I want to return next year and am wondering if I have to keep WS12 in order to have a cabin or if I can get something smaller?

Thanks, Kennett -pindrop

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Kennett, have you talked to Ray about staying with them again this year?

pindrop

Post by pindrop » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:08 pm

No Martin, I hope to bring my wife along.

UncleMeat
TFM-25

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 pm

I think the person who took out the rental agreement is the 'dibbs' holder for that cabin, Kennett. At least that's the way I understood it from previous years discussions.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 pm

LT thank you for the kind offer, while others persist in belaboring the issue you put forth a solution. Thank you again! Well done

James and I have discussed at length SteveK and we’re working on a solution for him.

That said, CarverFest has never been a democracy, it is and always been under the care and management of a select few. Those few have kept this unique event going in good times and not so good times and it continues to grow. Alex was so kind as to point out who they are and their place in the history of our event, not to mention their hard work that goes on unnoticed in the background that perpetuates CarverFest.

Decisions get made, like they have been here and they are absolute. Your input is neither expected or required and while entertaining won’t effect the outcome as it has already been decided.

James and his family will be in Cabin12 and I will have Cabin11 barring some calamity. This conversation had been taking place for several years to bring one of our organizers back into the fold.

The rules surrounding cabin reservations were developed to keep cabins from being secured without our permission, to keep some semblance of order to the reservation process and galvanize the relationship with Tim and his staff at the Watershed that keeps the discounts coming keeping CarverFest an affordable vacation for those willing to take on the adventure.(run on sentence REH) They were also put in place to keep noobs and slackers from tripping over each other and boogering up the process and fucking up a great get together, cause left to your own devices that’s what would(and has) happened.

And while I’m at it.....

James has a very hands off management style as far as moderation of the forum goes, but don’t let that make you think that there is NO ONE at the helm. Someone’s hand is on the tiller, you’re just not aware of it.

James also provides this forum at his own expense and as far as I can remember not asked for a dime from anyone to keep it up and running. Something we all tend to take for granted I think.

Lastly, some of you felt the need to run this drivel into the ground and drive off Mark Lucas. Travis and Martin...take notice. Giving up James or Mark for the garbage the both of you are spewing is like trading LeBron for a couple of drunken bag ladies.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Return to “CARVERFEST 2019”