CarverFest 2019 Cabin Reservation Discussion

13th Annual CARVERFEST 2019 September 4th - 18th
UncleMeat
TFM-25

Re: CarverFest 2019 Cabin Reservation Discussion

Post by UncleMeat » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:38 pm

You guys are funny. You write this long convoluted 'pecking order' then you use it as toilet paper when it comes down to the shitty BOTTOM line. [-X

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Ray, don't try to put it on Travis and I.
You and James made an unethical deal and I've put a spotlight on it.

Guess what? Every day I keep hearing from more and more Carverfest attendees expressing their disapproval of yours and James' backroom crooked dealing on this.

The consensus is: Carverfest is great but the organizers are a train wreck.

We went for a couple of years just updating the list without you guys and it worked great.

Then you got involved last year with all of your proclamations and unnecessary rhetoric and pissed damn near everyone off.
Everything you did made it worse to the point that you had to hand it off to James.

This year everyone was just waiting for some shady crap and you and James delivered immediately.

You guys are great people but you totally suck at organizing an event.
And this whole shitshow is a result of that.
Everyone has worked around this half-assed system for so long, they think it's normal to not ever be able to get in touch with anyone in charge.
Hell, it took this drama to get Dr. Mark in. I mean it's absolutely pathetic. How long has that guy been waiting?
I even had to edit the damned cabin list to get James motivated enough to do something about it.
It's like you guys only do the absolute bare minimum to get by and then want to talk all tough even though you're doing a terrible job.
If you're only doing this to get an administrator discount on a cabin then you should just turn it over to someone who actually gives a damn and has the ability to manage it properly.
If you guys can't afford cabins without an admin discount, perhaps we could set up a fund to pay you TO NOT MANAGE IT.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:22 am

Martin, you are such a hypocrite.

Everyone is pissed off because I never saw Steve's attempted backdoor deal PM trying to acquire a cabin... But mine and Rays phone calls are an "unethical / backroom crooked dealing"
Keep sticking your own foot in your mouth man.

Steve could have posted anywhere on the forum... at anytime calling dibs. He knows this, as do the rest of you.

I haven't kicked anyone off this forum in a very long time, but if you keep it up, you will be the next.

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 am

If you're only doing this to get an administrator discount on a cabin then you should just turn it over to someone who actually gives a damn and has the ability to manage it properly.
If you guys can't afford cabins without an admin discount, perhaps we could set up a fund to pay you TO NOT MANAGE IT.
What the hell are you talking about?? Pull this one out of your ass or Trav's? What is this administrator discount that you speak of, and where the fuck do we sign up for it?!?!
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:05 am

it's pretty simple James. Nowhere in any rules or any thread have you ever said that by calling you someone could get priority placement for a cabin. You seem to be under the impression that because you made a mistake, someone else is supposed to suffer the negative consequences of it. It was not Steve's fault that you didn't see the message he sent, when you have repeatedly said that all bookings must go "through the forum", not through your posts no phone number. Between you, Steve, and Ray, Steve was the only one that actually followed the process as it was supposed to be done, and yet he is the person who has to suffer for your error, or lack of attention.

And Ray, trying to blame other people for being upset over your bullshit is ridiculous. It's like trying to blame the citizens of Italy for hanging Mussolini. If a person is going to be a dictator, they better have the strength to withstand the backlash. Trust me, everyone that I have spoken who from car go fast, which pretty well includes everyone except your select few, would much have rather seen you the one drop off the faster than Mark. so instead of trading LeBron James for a couple drunk and bag ladies, unfortunately we ended up seeing him leave and keeping a disease addled crackhead.

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:38 am

Time to break out the poncho ,let's hope it doesn't get to the point where I need my hip waiders.
Last edited by hewlew1 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:42 am

Try to play nice guys
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 am

Once something is said, it is real hard to take it back.

can we all just breathe and then start over. I personally would hate to see a few angry men dismantle what has become a true vacation for many of us - including several wives, girlfriends, and a single old lady. This is not life or death. We all know how one day a friend is here and the next they are gone.

I had a discussion with Bob at one point and asked him "what do you want to happen should you not be able to be here anymore?" His response? "I want this to continue and I will be here in spirit listening and enjoying along with you all."

I remember my last conversation with Gary, and all the conversation previous to his passing, and think of what he might be saying right now.

Take a breath, sit back, hell have a beer, and let's start this thread over. Leave the personality issues out of it because we all know that is exactly what is happening here. Those who have issues can speak like grown men to each other, not toddlers, and work it out. Working it out happens every year - every damn year - so why is it so hard the past two when nothing has changed, but the attitude.

Now I go back to my snuggie. Have a good day.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 am

Shortcake wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:56 am
Once something is said, it is real hard to take it back.

can we all just breathe and then start over. I personally would hate to see a few angry men dismantle what has become a true vacation for many of us - including several wives, girlfriends, and a single old lady. This is not life or death. We all know how one day a friend is here and the next they are gone.

I had a discussion with Bob at one point and asked him "what do you want to happen should you not be able to be here anymore?" His response? "I want this to continue and I will be here in spirit listening and enjoying along with you all."

I remember my last conversation with Gary, and all the conversation previous to his passing, and think of what he might be saying right now.

Take a breath, sit back, hell have a beer, and let's start this thread over. Leave the personality issues out of it because we all know that is exactly what is happening here. Those who have issues can speak like grown men to each other, not toddlers, and work it out. Working it out happens every year - every damn year - so why is it so hard the past two when nothing has changed, but the attitude.

Now I go back to my snuggie. Have a good day.
Well said.

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 am

Toy Maker wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:22 am
I haven't kicked anyone off this forum in a very long time, but if you keep it up, you will be the next.
Thanks for the warning. Many wouldn't extend the same courtesy.
I guess I'm at your mercy right now in much the same way you're currently at Ray's.
I still like ya' bunches, even though I completely disagree with you on this.
Please recognize that if I don't stand up for what I think is right, I'm just not me.
That'll be all I say on it for now, unless some one wants to antagonize me further about it.
(I'm looking at you Ray)

On to business...
How about changing my cabin from this...

Watershed 9 Martin & Charlie
14 days
FULL 14 DAYS

to this...

14 days
FULL 14 DAYS Verified

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 am

On to business...
How about changing my cabin from this...

14 days
FULL 14 DAYS

to this...

14 days
FULL 14 DAYS Verified
This has been handled.
My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

trav0810
el douché
el douché

Post by trav0810 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:04 am

There is clearly only one solution to this. Everyone needs to break out their best unitard and meet together in the quad. BATTLE ROYALE!!! Last person standing, makes the rules!

loner_t
Newbie 50+

Post by loner_t » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:34 pm
LT thank you for the kind offer, while others persist in belaboring the issue you put forth a solution. Thank you again! Well done
I hope there are other, more amicable and civilized solutions to this conundrum. [-o<

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 pm

Whew!!
Just poped in to seewhat was avaliable for next year as I and Susan were thinking about it. After reading all of this from page one not so sure? :(

Opps looks like everything has been spoken for anyway. Well guess that sloves any quandry we have :-#
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:19 pm

It is still 2018. All this could change 2019...stay turned for second round of verifications
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Return to “CARVERFEST 2019”