any chance of a carver rebirth?

Sad but True
Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: any chance of a carver rebirth?

Post by Scarabeo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:42 am

F1nut wrote:I've got news for you, there's not much in the electronics world that is made in the USA anymore.
F1nut that's the sad truth (BUT) Bob is still making nice tube amps Sterio is coming back and one day soon Bob will have his SUPER TALL teardrop speakers! Others will soon follow and a new guy will emerge with his new audio line made here in the good ol U.S.A. with Bob Carver as his mentor and a new wave will follow 70's / 80's all over again.
Bob Carver Cherry 180's
Sunfire Classic Tube Pre
Jolida JD100 Tube CD Player
Sunfire 3C used as pair
12" Sunfire Sub
Silver coated copper Wires.
Kings Chair of the Gods..

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 am

Scarabeo wrote:
F1nut wrote:I've got news for you, there's not much in the electronics world that is made in the USA anymore.
F1nut that's the sad truth (BUT) Bob is still making nice tube amps Sterio is coming back and one day soon Bob will have his SUPER TALL teardrop speakers! Others will soon follow and a new guy will emerge with his new audio line made here in the good ol U.S.A. with Bob Carver as his mentor and a new wave will follow 70's / 80's all over again.
=D> =D> =D>
I'm trying

12ax7

Post by 12ax7 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Carver as it was "Carver Corp." will not be coming back.
The Corporation has been completely dissolved, and Bob has no intentions of bringing it back.

Having sold Sunfire Corp. in the last couple years, Bob is really enjoying the freedoms of NOT being the head of a huge corporation right now.

Now in his 60's, I really doubt he wants to start a whole new company. It's time to relax, sit back, reflect on all the amazing things he has done, and just listen to the music !!!

The good news is, he is still inventing new technologies for Sunfire, and he is also spending his personal time with his one true love... "TUBES"
In the last year, Bob has been designing and building a new set of tube amps, and has been selling them solely on eBay.
This is what he really loves to do, and from what he's said, this "garage style" production is much more fun, and exciting for him.

Tubes have always been my passion - As a kid growing up in the 1980s, I was obsessed with tube amplifiers when tubes just weren't cool and nobody had any interest in them anymore. A lot of people tried to deter me by underscoring the inefficiencies of tubes, and telling me that there would never again be a market for tube amplifiers and therefore nobody would be making them. I've always been very much like Bob C. in my passion for tube amplifiers, and I too have quite a bit of an engineering streak within me. That said, I can completely understand Bob's position. When you're young, weather we're talking about the successes we aspire to or the battles it takes to get there, we have the focus and are not so easily deterred. But then, much like in Bob's case, you build some great products, people get interested, and you build a company around the idea of mass-producing your product. But then as it always happens, you realize you now have a company, it's your's, and someone has to run it. You then find yourself spending more time hassling with the activities of running the business, and you get buffered away from the whole reason you got into the business in the first place which was to design and build.

I think Bob's decision to build a limited number of amplifiers and sell them on Ebay is very understandable and also very practical and smart. A guy like Bob C. is always going to be well known and have a following, and will always have people who are willing to pay him very good money to build a tube amplifier just for them - something unique - something that is differerent from anything that anyone else has. it's a chance for Bob to experience the joy seeing or hearing the reaction of the buyer, in stead of just selling to a bunch of dealers and watching the numbers. It doesn't really matter if Carver Corp is gone. Anyone who buys one of Bob's amps weather made by Carver Corp or weather he put it together just for them, knows who built it and knows the care and criticality and authority of the amplifier's maker. The amp needs no label and no introduction. Just his signature in permanent ink and a certificate of authenticity would be enough for me.

Return to “Carver Corp. Gone Forever”