FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:46 am

Does anybody know what the hell this is?

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:01 pm

http://www.carver-usa.com/cp/class/?24.html
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

cring08

TFM-35

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Re: Does anybody know what the hell this is?

nooshinjohn wrote:Does anybody know what the hell this is?

http://www.carver-usa.com/cp/class/?24.html

X2
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Sunfire TGP IV
Sunfire 300x2
Carver Amazing Silvers
Apple tv
Carver SD 390t
Technics SL 1950 Turntable

Basement/system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Klipsch SW15
Infinity RS10's
Pioneer 100 disk changer

Garage system:
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:34 pm

The amp is the old Carver Digital(phoenix gold version) that gave way to the Emotiva MPS-1, but my question is more geared towards the company and it's name. I thought Bob had the name back a decade ago. Why is this company marketing under his name and why has nobody heard of this?
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm

This came up before...I'll see if I can find the thread.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:08 pm

TNRabbit wrote:This came up before...I'll see if I can find the thread.

This is actually NEW stuff here. The last thread concluded that Emo took the design for their own. This appears to be an attempt by a new entity to use the same amp and market it once again as a Carver.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:04 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:This came up before...I'll see if I can find the thread.

This is actually NEW stuff here. The last thread concluded that Emo took the design for their own. This appears to be an attempt by a new entity to use the same amp and market it once again as a Carver.

No, I'm talking about something from 2-3 years ago...

Here's the thread I was talking about; same guys?

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12900&p=126872
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:48 pm

A phone call to the number provided on the website had a young lady of Chinese descent answer the phone as "Carver Holdings". She said the owner was out of the country at this time and that they stocked no product on-site. I told her that I was inquiring as to becoming a distributor for their product and was looking to see what steps I needed to take. She said the owner will call me when he returns. We will see if Bob calls. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will update with any information I get my hands on.
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:52 pm

An update... the "new" amps are being made in China (no shock) by a company called Factor Electronics, based out of Surrey, British Columbia. They are currently not available for sale of any kind and may not be for several months yet. The owner claims to have bought up the remnants of Phoenix Gold, and thus, has rights to the "Carver" brand name. He expects that this amp will be the beginning...

I do have all his contact information, should anybody want it, such as Bob's attorneys...
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Bobs been there i think, thus 2011 web site. Stopped dead in its tracks as bob owns carver, he bought it back to keep his name clean in america .....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Had those folks promoted carver professional , it would be another story i am sure.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:38 am

A few months ago I had done a patent and trademark office search on the name to see who was currently holding the trademark. I had noticed that the chinese guys had bought the name from phoenix gold, but if i remember correctly, they subsequently had to forfeit the trademark, which could explain why the amps are vaporware. i honestly can't remember the details, but if you go to the uspto website and do a trademark search, all of the legal filings are there, including letters between the attorneys for the trademark holders and the patent office.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.

Return to Carver Corp. Gone Forever