FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:39 am

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:28 am

Watershed 11 is where we normally stay. NICE!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:06 am

It all looks very nice!

How do you think a bunch of audio freaks, blasting music is going to go over?
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:55 am

Out there? Well. 100 people would give us the "area" that we needeed to where we could conduct what we wanted.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:14 am

I see. We've never had more than 35 or so folks show up for Polkfest and we have a much larger member base. I can't see us getting 100 folks to show up.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:40 am

If I had the money, I would attend... if someone were to set up a webcam, I would gladly "remote view" the event ;)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:20 am

F1nut wrote: I can't see us getting 100 folks to show up.
That's a freakin' relief. This location is not set in stone as of now. Will talk w/ /mx and housemouse this weekend. Things may change, I don't know. If nothing else can be set up for location, then this will be a "fallback "location. 35 people would be a breeze out at the cabins, but something else may come up. Time will tell, this thread is less than 48 hours old right now. W'ell see.

I can drive 800+- miles w/ my rig, anything beyond that and I'm flying w/just the M1.5t, M-500t and Rega.

Tomstat.............. :-k

<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:50 am

Good Day Gentlemen,

Maddhousemouse checking in.......will be happy to sign Maxxx's persimmion slip for this field trip as long as I can obtain a name sticker big enough to have "Maddhousemouse" printed on it. My availability is flexible as I work from home. So I guess anytime will work for us. Looking forward to it. In MaddMaxxx's drunken days, he used to make alot of noise in secluded areas. State Troopers were easily handled.
Hey 500t......whats up with the sleeping blue eyes? I would expect at least a slight register of an earthquake. Or by the time you get a reading on them is the camera shaking too much to get a clear picture??????

Küül......Maddhousemouse.
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:56 am

I have all of them done now and thier all asleep resting. When I get them all hooked back up I will take a new picture with thier lids half open.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:47 pm

My god you call those cabins those look like penthouse estates in the woods! I spent alot of time in cabins and in the woods, I was happy just to have running water and maybe a outhouse! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:29 pm

If this is in the beginning of next year than I'm in. I have some projects on the burner that I have to take care of that I wish could be quicker but non the less require some time. I have Maddmaxxx helping me out in the background and I thank you very much Maxxx. If the date is for this yr than I will have to play it by ear.

But I will do everything in my power to be at the first CarverFest. \:D/

Anything before Aug or Sept would not play well at least for me.
<<

MaddHouseMouse

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:11 am

Hi TFM75,

If you can make it to the Detroit Metro airport, we will be happy to pick you up and hang with us for a bit before we make the trip south. Maybe you could check out the bike he built. Hanging around the farm kind of clears your head a bit.
Sir TFM, Maxxx says "Mi casa su casa"
Peace Brother
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:35 pm

MaddHouseMouse

Now that sounds like a plan. Lets see where this goes as far as dates being set for Carverfest. I would love to see the bike maxxx built and the new home. \:D/ Thank you.

TFM-75
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 am

How's this.....???

Friday May 9th, Saturday the 10th, and Sunday the 11th of next year [2008]. Official date of the first Carverfest...................??? Good?

Three Cabins all next to each other [within two football fields apart...each] are available. Springtime in the Shenandoah mountains. Near the Nantahala River. Watershed 10, 11 and 12, all ours!

Yeay.......nay?

<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:15 am

-T-REX ; no spellcheck , '08 ?...then
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:48 am

I have no other alternative at this point than to schedule it then and insure that some Carver speakers are there. If anybody can host such an event with Carver speakers without getting into trouble, I'm all ears...???

If not, this should be a vacation / get-together combined for all that are involved. I am open to suggestions.

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 07'