FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:13 am

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:11 am

Tom, I regret to say that I will not be able to make those dates.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:49 am

Re: How's this.....???

treitz3 wrote:Friday May 9th, Saturday the 10th, and Sunday the 11th of next year [2008]. Official date of the first Carverfest...................??? Good?

Three Cabins all next to each other [within two football fields apart...each] are available. Springtime in the Shenandoah mountains. Near the Nantahala River. Watershed 10, 11 and 12, all ours!

Yeay.......nay?

Works for me.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:57 am

Carverfest. Great idea. I can't commit to a date a week from now let alone a year! Sounds cool though.

Anyone's welcome to bring their ears, amps and other goodies to my place just about anytime. Plat MKIV's and ALIII's are always there. Silvers are still hanging on as well. You audiophiles will want to bring your own interconnects though. I tend to take shortcuts where ever possible and that's one area (for me) I find it easy to do.
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 pm

I've just been informed that "AP" is a dirty word here although I'm a bit confuesed as to why. Anyway, I was just trying to say that if you're better versed than myself on interconnects (which most everyone is) you would probably want to bring some along if you want to compare A to B, C, and D as I'll only have A on hand and they're nothing special.
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:21 am

Please keep us all apprised of the status of Carverfest. That far into the future makes it very difficult to forecast circumstances and commit to a definite "yea" or "nah", but I would love to attend... based on convincing my wife to come too ;)
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:30 am

I would love to attend... based on convincing my wife to come too ;)[/quote]

That will be my only dilemma. [-o< [-o< [-o<
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:43 pm

I'd love to come too, based on convincing my wife NOT to come.. [-X .haha
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:54 pm

I'm glad for you !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:03 pm

elgaru....that was pretty damn funny. :lol:

Update to all:

The location might change due to the fact of having the Carver speakers at the Carverfest is a MUST!!! The only reason I wanted (had) to schedule it so far out is because all involved would like to have a set of Carver speakers there.

Now, due to the fragility [if that's not a word, then it is a new word circa 2007, by treitz3] of moving such prized gear. I was planning on getting a pair to bring myself, but I'm not made of money which is why I planned the event so far out. I have to budget something like that.

I have a possible volunteer to "host" Carverfest that will be kept confidential [awaiting word on spousal approval, and logistics for housing and a multitude of other things] until all is approved and the location is feasable to do such an event.

If anybody has a set of Carver speakers....preferably Plat's....AND a setup at there house that can give us two separate "setups", please PM me and w'ell talk.

Everything is still up in the air, and I (we) would like all senior members to attend, if possible.

More updates to follow..............TXS for your patience!

Tom! [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

tomstat

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:32 am

elgrau wrote:I'd love to come too, based on convincing my wife NOT to come.. [-X .haha
Hahaha! Now if I were still married to my exwife, that sentiment would be perfect.
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:15 pm

Time to put all the Eprey problems behind us and start talking CarverFest again Boys & Girls. =P~ =P~ =P~
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:19 pm

No kidding. I still need to get in contact with the "possible" host that has Carver speakers. I haven't had luck in the past couple of days. Can you geuss who? :-s

So far responses have been good as to folks coming to Carverfest, but alot of it, of course depends on the date. I can't give a definite date as of right now, but when I know, you'll know. I'm sure by now you can see that I'm not scared of talking. I will try to offer a range of weekends so that way we can coordinate which weekend is the best in order to have the most amount of Carver fans attending.

That's my update, and I know it sucks....but that's what you get for now, until I can find out more. #-o

I can tell you this.....we will have folks coming from one coast of the good ol' USofA to the other coast and as far North and South as you can get! \:D/ And is Dave coming? maybe we all can give him a shitload of "peer pressure" That might could work? O:) \:D/ James too!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TroyD

M-400t CUBE

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:50 am

Just my .02....

I've hosted two Polkfests at my home in Charleston, SC. (F1Nut has been to both) I wouldn't be against hosting a Carver-fest, either.

Either way, I would be LEARY of hosting it at a hotel of some sort. I know how Polkfests go, they are loud and fairly rowdy....which could go over like a fart in church with other guests. Anyhow, something to think about.

Yeah, I would think that a pair of Amazings would be a basic requirement (and one that I could probably take care of)

BDT
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:54 pm

F1nut wrote:Tom, I regret to say that I will not be able to make those dates.

Damn, I didn't even realize that I put the dates, but no month. No wonder you said that! ](*,)

Anyway, Troy......you have a PM, sir. We'll have the Plat's there if I can talk Dave into selling me his. [Help me out toymaker!] I talked with the other possible host and all is well if we can hold it at your pad. Let us know, bro'.

Carverfest will be a reality! \:D/

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 pm

You said May, didn't you!?!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 07'