It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:56 pm

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:46 pm

I might have, F1.

Sorry to all. We've got two locations. Michigan and South Carolina. Sir jimw and sir TroyD both have offered to host and I thank them both tremendously for their generous offers. So far the available dates vary widely [from June of this year to May of next year]. Alot of variables......just like choosing your audio gear........., everything effects everything.

We will get it down on the record books, though!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TroyD

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:56 pm

If we opt for my place in SC....I have an impending engagement in Bagdhad that will run from mid '07 to early '08. So, I'd be looking at about this time next year....

BDT
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:52 pm

If it's in SC, Y'all can count me in. What a wonderful opportunity to hear some of the gear I've always wondered about.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:52 pm

Just to fill everybody in. Work is still in progress regarding Carverfest. Location is key right now. Once I nail a location, then I can throw out an official date.

It will not be held within the next three months, that much I can say with certainty. I would like to thank everybody working behind the scenes with me in trying to organize this event! It is much appreciated!

We are up to three possible locations (I love that #). Preliminary indications are saying that we will have a set of Plat's, no matter the location!!!

Now we just have to find a set of Silver 7/9t's! All of my amps (refurbed) will be there.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:35 pm

Anybody looking for me from mid '07 to early '08, I'm going to be "out of town". Don't hide the remotes this time Troy.

Hey Barn, post a picture of yourself so these guys can enlarge it and have something to throw darts at when things get slow at the fest.
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:43 pm

I'll post it for him.....
Last edited by Bill on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Hats off to you Bill =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:30 pm

Dickworth hasn't posted all day from what I can see. Could we possibly be this lucky for another 365, or 3,650 days?

Bill, I loves ya son, but that second image looks like a beautiful young man that suffers from Down Syndrome. I can't laugh at that. Darth Vader is fair game.
Last edited by George on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Edited brother.
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:50 pm

You da man. The Carver Forum is above making fun of people that are less fortunate than we are.

Barn is as fortunate as we are.
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:59 pm

Bill you know what so respectable about you, when you cross the line and it's brought to your attention you correct A.S.A.P, like I said Hats off to you.
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:06 pm

Hey man, I can admit I take sh!t too far sometimes, or something is not in someone's taste, I don't have a problem removing/editing it. I guess it is that damned maturity thing. \:D/
You can't fix stupid.
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:07 pm

George wrote:You da man. The Carver Forum is above making fun of people that are less fortunate than we are.

Barn is as fortunate as we are.

Maybe not in the intelligence dept.....
You can't fix stupid.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Not to get off the subject, but what if we set a date, and then find a place?

Let's say April/May of '08?

How many of you can make it then? Friday/Sat./Sun. ? Of a particular weekend? That would, at the very least let everybody not have anything on the calendar. Plus, it would make organizing the event easier and give Carver fans the time to save $$ to be able to make it there.

Yeah, or neah? You guy's are the boss.

<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:43 pm

Lot of things change in that amount of time. Have Carverfest as planned this year and it will be a learning experience for an even bigger one next year. Just a thought \:D/
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 07'