FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 pm

CARVERfest 07' (( The Beginning ))

<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:02 pm

I really like this idea and will try to make whatever date is proposed.
I got sent to a 3 day conference last week on 1 day notice so there's no way I can tell whether I'll be available for anything a year from now. Having said that, I think we should just set a date and start the planning.
I am up for local get-togethers in the meantime. It might be nice to meet some of you... or decide that I don't want to travel a thousand miles to hang out with you... :lol:
All kidding aside, count me in. If you are in the DC area, let's do something this summer. I love this forum, but this online stuff gets old sometimes.
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:35 am

As stated earlier in this post, or was it another post, anyone is welcome to come out anytime and "play". Caverfest or not.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Update coming soon. (within a week) Hopefully with a date. We are aiming toward having the first one this year!

It has been confirmed that we will have a set of Carver Platinums there, regardless of location! =D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

DJMARK

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:57 pm

THis carver fest sounds really cool. I dont know if i will be involved in the first year but i would like to be involved in it years from now...Great idea... \:D/
All Carver Mobile DJ
Carver PM-175 ( X 2)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:53 pm

If it ain't one thing, it's another.......

Carverfest, here we come!!!

Great news!!! We have now a date and a location for the first official Carverfest! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

On Sept. 14th, 15th and 16th we have reserved three cabins for hosting Carverfest. Location will be on the NC / Tenn. border.

The cabins are located close to each other [within a football feild, or two]. With just these three cabins, we can hold a minimum of 14 folks....up to 26 folks VERY comfortably. Setups will be in two of the cabins with a swap/sell table setup on location for those interested.

This is a come one, come all event and if we run out of room, or if some folks desire a cabin all to themselves (or families)....your wishes can be accomodated within the 20 or 30 other cabins available. The only requirement is that we fill up those three cabins. The most expensive the 3 cabins will cost with the minimum amount of folks coming is $60.00 or less per person, per night.

Being a public disturbance is something that the owner of the cabins and I feel will not be an issue. When you get there, you'll know what we mean! The very last thing the owner of the cabins said to me was "Good luck organizing the event and let us know if we can help in any way".

Also, for spousal enjoyment......a day spa.......

http://www.lakeviewatfontana.com.

also..........

http://www.excellent-adventures.net/jet ... ndex2.html

Let this thread know when, who, how many and where you would like to stay, and let's have some fun!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:00 pm

<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:00 am

Which three cabins are we needing to fill? If I don't take a job overseas, I am a definite maybe..
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:52 am

I'm in and will bring a set of Plats. Hope someone brings a TFM-75, I want to hear those puppys pushed. This sounds like a great weekend. Looking forward to meeting you fine folks. Will intoxicants be allowed? I have trouble fully enjoying my music without a glass of Makers Mark handy. \:D/
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:23 am

I am so there! I'll bring my Sunfire equipment, but probably won't be transporting my AL-IIIs.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:18 pm

Aww come on Rabbit, i'm sure there are lots that would love to hear some AL-III's, myself included. They should be a lot easier to transport than the Plats. Those take up the entire back of my van.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:48 pm

Bill wrote:Which three cabins are we needing to fill? If I don't take a job overseas, I am a definite maybe..

Shoot, I forgot to mention the cabin #'s. The ones that are required to be rented are Watershed 10, 11 and 12. They are all located within one or two football feild lengths of each other, and all of them are perched on a "V" shaped cliff [sorta-kinda] Watershed 11 is at the point of the "V", and Watershed 10 and 12 are the "wingmen", if you will. All cabins have great views of the mountains. It's gonna be hard to take it all in when you are sippin' on a cold one, listening to some great sounding music, watching the wood burning in the outdoor firplace and vittles being cooked on the barbie, while lounging in the hot tub. Oh, it's such a rough life.

If and when anybody gets bored with that, they can always choose between the two pool tables that will be there in two of the required three cabins [10 and 11 I believe]. It gets worse, there will be satillite TV at all locations for you boob-tubers. I'd have to check on the internet access, but 10 bucks says that is provided as well. The included Bose stereo systems will be covered with something and unplugged, unless someone wants to listen to Sirrius [or whatever it's called] radio.

TNRabbit wrote:I am so there! I'll bring my Sunfire equipment

Sunfire in the house!!! \:D/

skip wrote:Will intoxicants be allowed?

I presume you are talkin' about beer / liquor? If so, HELL YES!!!....Maxxx gets kool-aid, though [hehe] One word of advice, the nearest store is located in Bryson city, which if my memory serves, is 7 or 8 miles away. We usually stock up on beer and other liqiuds at home. When we run out on location......."Beer run"!!!! I'll have to check to see if you can purchase liquor and wine in Bryson city as we have always brought to much of that, so wev'e never had to purchase it.

skip wrote:Aww come on Rabbit, i'm sure there are lots that would love to hear some AL-III's, myself included. They should be a lot easier to transport than the Plats. Those take up the entire back of my van.

Get on 'em skip! :p

<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:21 pm

skip wrote:Aww come on Rabbit, i'm sure there are lots that would love to hear some AL-III's, myself included. They should be a lot easier to transport than the Plats. Those take up the entire back of my van.

The problem is I'd be transporting them in the back of an open pickup truck that they BARELY fit in, which I don't relish the thought of. I did that in the winter when I picked them up in Indiana. Double bubble-wrapped, heavy foam on all corners, then completely sealed in shrink-wrap!! Cost $30 just to wrap them up...
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:56 pm

treitz3 wrote:The included Bose stereo systems will be covered with something and unplugged, unless someone wants to listen to Sirrius [or whatever it's called] radio.

This is a good idea, as some of the participants may become enraged at the mere sight of Bose and destroy it as a sacrifice to the audio gods.. [-o<

Especially if there is booze involved.......
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:12 pm

How cool would it be to sacrifice a Bose system on a barbeque spit at the foot of a pair of AL Plats?!? I've got a video camera......
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:15 pm

Shit, I've given them all ideas... #-o
You can't fix stupid.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 07'