FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Webcam experiment...

<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:43 pm

Webcam experiment...

We want to do some sort of live feed webcam from CarverFest, and I was wonering if Yahoo IM's Webcam feature might be able to handle it. I can't find any info on the Yahoo Messanger website as to the limits of people linked to a single webcam, so I want to do an experniment.

I'd like to get as many folks as I can logged on to Yahoo IM (c'mon, you computer geeks out there, VOLUNTEER!) and see just how many people I can get looking at my webcam from home at once.

We may be able to hook up a live feed through the CarverFest website, which would be a lot easier for you folks who can't be there, but we're still looking into that possibility.

In the meantime, I'd like to do this webcam experiment. So Tomorrow (Friday) between 5pm and 7pm I'll be logged into Yahoo IM under the name "funquie" -- send me an IM request to view my webcam and say you're part of the Carver List, and we'll see how it works!

Thanks,
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:48 pm

OK, I found it on the Yahoo website... I CAN do a "conference webcam" with multiple users, so, at least in theory, it will work. But I'd still like to try it out tommorow as announced, so please, log in tomorrow evening, and we'll give it a go. Plus y'all will get a chance to see the "Dreamer System" in it's natural environment... :)

Thanks,
--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Dreamer, did it work? Sorry,I just found this thread.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Yes, I think it will work. I had three people on, and it seemed to be running full-speed (well, full-speed for Yahoo Webcams...)

It will be there as an option if we can't get some sort of live streaming video thing hooked up through the CarverFest website...

--Richard

Return to CARVERFEST 07'