VU Meter for TFM-15cb

If you know where to find it, let us know.
Mayank
Newbie 50+

VU Meter for TFM-15cb

Post by Mayank » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Hi:

I need a VU meter for a TFM-15cb. I've looked around almost everywhere with no luck :(

Actually, just the movement will suffice.

Anyone has one lying in his/her parts bin?

Thanks
Mayank

Mayank
Newbie 50+

Re: VU Meter for TFM-15cb

Post by Mayank » Thu May 22, 2008 7:37 am

Update:

A carveraudio member Angelo was very kind to send me a VU meter from a TFM-25 parts unit. These are bigger than the ones for TFM-15. I carefully removed the movement and fixed in the housing of my defective VU.

The TFM-15cb is now working perfectly!

Thank you all, and Angelo specifically. =D>

Mayank

PS: [1] If anyone else has a problem with non-working VU meters on his/her TFMs, I could be of assistance - send me a PM for details. It seems that the original IC on the meter control PCB, TA7318 has a high failure rate. The newer NTE product 1498 available from Mouser is a good substitute, but you need to change the two 2.2K power resistors to 5W for this. [2] If anyone needs a VU meter (sans the movement) for his/her TFM-25, let me know :)

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am

Mayank wrote:Update:

A carveraudio member Angelo was very kind to send me a VU meter from a TFM-25 parts unit. These are bigger than the ones for TFM-15. I carefully removed the movement and fixed in the housing of my defective VU.

The TFM-15cb is now working perfectly!

Thank you all, and Angelo specifically. =D>

Mayank

PS: [1] If anyone else has a problem with non-working VU meters on his/her TFMs, I could be of assistance - send me a PM for details. It seems that the original IC on the meter control PCB, TA7318 has a high failure rate. The newer NTE product 1498 available from Mouser is a good substitute, but you need to change the two 2.2K power resistors to 5W for this. [2] If anyone needs a VU meter (sans the movement) for his/her TFM-25, let me know :)
=D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

gdb
SILVER-7t

Post by gdb » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:27 pm

Damn!! You sure are stingy with your posts ! :shock: :lol:

Return to “Hard To Find Parts, Pieces, Items”