6 Meter Speaker Wires

If you know where to find it, let us know.
lenny
Newbie 50+

Re: 6 Meter Speaker Wires

Post by lenny » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:28 pm

hello
how about a 24' pair of virtual dynamics testament 2.0 speaker cables
does anyone know or hear about these

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:46 am

Don't know anything about those; the Monster retro's are SUPPOSED to be decent cables. That's a LOT of money; we're a bunch of cheapskates here~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:12 pm

hello rabbit
i know its alot of money but i started something and i need to finish it..
i will have all monster speaker cable retros on the 5 channels plus all retros on the interrconects
the sound is prefect or mabie its all in my mind... \:D/ \:D/
thank you all for your help

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Lenny, if you are willing to spend $1,350 on a pair of speaker cables then you are obviously quite serious about your cables and not messing around. My personal feelings (right, wrong or indifferent) are I would consider looking for another option because I believe you can find a better pair of cables for $1,350 than what you will get from Monster for that much money. Don't get me wrong, the Monster stuff has it's place and they do have some good products in certain price ranges, I just don't think the over $1,000 range is one of them.
One option you could inquire about is try asking Toymaker what he could build you for $1,000 because I have a feeling it could be WAY cooler than any cable that says Monster on it....
:D

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm

At least those cables go back to a time when Monster was making some decent stuff (not necessarily in that price range, mind you). Furthermore, the money wouldn't be going to that fucking company.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:28 pm

[color=#0000FFI looked quickly and did find a 5 meter pair of the PS Audio cables on audiogon for $575
Buying a similar pair will save you about $800 VS. buying the monster cables you were looking at. I am quite sure that everyone will agree that these PS Audio cables at $575 are waaay better than anything monster could even imagine! I know they are only 5 meters long, but I found them in less than 2 minutes...

Rainman[/color]

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl? ... tement-bi-
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:00 am

i called ps.audio cable after i saw the photo of the ps audio x stream speaker cables that rainman posted
they told me that they don't have a 26ft cable but t have been looking around..
i have been looking around craigslist, audiogon,and many auther sites but it is not easy to find a 26ft pair speaker cable..

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:10 am

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm

okey here it is ..
i found a pair of speaker cables
they are brand new and they are 68ft long which after re-working my system i needed a 32ft pair which is very hard to find..
found them on ebay for $1000 for the pair with free shipping..they are called monster cable m2.2s
i know you guys hate monster but with the size i needed they will work for me and on the monster m-series and the retro series they are very good sounding cables.. i can alway send them out to be cut in half and reworked and sell the other 34ft pair :lol: :lol: ..
i just wanted to thank all for helping me..lenny
ps.. if i keep the 68ft pair for now on my system do you think it would still sound okey...

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:26 pm

I came across these on epray... a 7 meter pair of Xstream plus cables. I am confident that everyone will agree in saying they would most certainly buy a pair of these over anything that says Monster on it...not to mention the $$ savings over the pair of Monster cables.

Rainman

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS-AUDIO-XSTREAM-SP ... 240%3A1318

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:30 pm

wires will be at my home on 3/5/09 this thursday and my system will be complete \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Rainman
SILVER-7t

Post by Rainman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:09 pm

lenny wrote:wires will be at my home on 3/5/09 this thursday and my system will be complete \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Anticipation...... I am sure you know they may take awhile to "smooth out" after you get them hooked up. Yes there is truth to that statement (no matter what the books say) It may be more noticeable in certain situations or in some systems depending on if the equipment is either a little, a lot, or brutally revealing. One person that has most recently experienced this to a noticeable degree with his new speaker cables is TNRabbit. The easiest way to handle the settling is after the hookup is complete and you finish your first listening session simply leave something playing through your system for several hours at a time. Even a low volume is ok. I always let the tunes play overnight a few times on an initial hook up.
If you do notice your cables seem to "settle" or smooth out be sure to share a description of your observations as to what took place. There are many variables that can determine to what extent you may notice anything such as what you have for speakers, interconnects, and what your 110v power is like and the biggest thing is probably what you listen to for music. So like I said by all means share your experience with everyone, and if you do not detect anything than you can absolutely state that you do not think this is a real phoenominon and the book is right in saying it does not happen. Enjoy your Cables! =D>

Rainman

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:41 am

Well, Lenny; what's the news?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

lenny
Newbie 50+

Post by lenny » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 pm

hello
i went with monster m2.2s it is a 50ft pair and the sound is really good.. i know i only needed a 26 ft pair but i got these at a really really good deal..
in my living room i went with the pioneer elite 60" with the pioneer elite bdp-09 blu-ray player and the pioneer elite sc-07 receiver
also went with the veinna speakers

Return to “Hard To Find Parts, Pieces, Items”