It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:09 am

CARVERfest 08' (( THE SEQUEL ))

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:34 pm

CARVERfest 08' (( THE SEQUEL ))

And so it begins...
The planning of Carverfest 08' has already begun.

Unknowingly, in the dark corners of Carverfest 07'... the groundwork for Carverfest 08' had already begun.

As far as everyone knows, Treitz3 has already put in for reserving the same cabins (or more) for the same weekend of 08'

(( CarverFest 08' Kitty )) is already underway.

For anyone that may have missed the conversations, we are planning to open a CarverFest PayPal account. This will be put in place for everyone to be able to transfer funds into, throughout the year, to build up the Food and Beverage fund.
We would like to see everyone attending over the course of the next year, add around $100 per person. This would break down to approx. $8.34 per month.

I will be opening a new Checking account tomorrow, and after that, I will be opening a new PayPal account.
After the PayPal account is open, I hope everyone will at least add a few dollars right away, just so there is (something) in it.
I will be able to keep track of every deposit made into the account, and can we can keep an eye in the balance at all times.

The "CarverFest 08' Kitty" will give us the comfort and ability of bringing even better food, and drinks than we had this last weekend.
Shopping for everyone was right around $700-800 for the 4 days and 3 night. As you can see, this wasn't a cheap event to provide food and drinks for.
Next year, the plan is to have an account available to us to buy in bulk prior to the event and during the event, and also to be able to purchase even better supplies for better meals. (not saying Magnarider didn't do an amazing job) but even he's psyched to go all out next year with the menu.

Speaking of which... here is a link to the menu page in case everyone wants to see "What's on the Menu" or add ideas to it...
http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3386

The discussion we had was that with 15-25 people next year, and everyone putting $100 per person in the kiddy... $1500 - $2500....
We can have any damn thing we want, for every meal.
Surf n' Turf for breakfast...
Kegs instead of the overpriced bottles of beer...
and so on...

In the end, if there is $$ left over, we can forward those funds to Carverfest 09', or divvy the balance back out to everyone... that decision will be left up to a vote at the end of the weekend.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:01 pm

Works for me.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Bill

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 am

That's a great idea, or maybe roll the extra into some sort of "door prize" if there is that much left over...... \:D/
You can't fix stupid.
George wrote:In certain configurations you need a permission slip from your Mom to bridge amps.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Geez, guys...I still can hardly breathe from eating so much at CarverFest '07!!

:shock:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:38 pm

Gotta love Tim, one of the two owners of the cabins.....

Sunday night is free again for all Carverfest attendees!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Also, with all cabins....for those that request the added linen service, that will also be provided by the cabins at no additional charge! Whoo Hoo!!

I have also worked a deal with them that we can start accepting reservations [for individual rooms....the cabins are already held for the event] with half of your room's [not entire cabin] deposit down within the next couple [two,three] months and not immediately, with the remainder not due until 1 week before the event [unless you choose to PIF, or early]!!! This will secure your room within a particular cabin.

Please refer to this thread to find out who is staying where......

http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3396
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:46 pm

oops...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

bigerik

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Hey guys
Unfortunately, I missed this year, but the wife and I are already planning for next year!
Count us in. :)
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:26 am

I missed 07 but did want to go. Hopefully this year. If I do come I'm sure it will be $100 well spent.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Re: CARVERfest 08' (( THE SEQUEL ))

Bigeric and Aoudiophile101, are you still planning on attending this year's Carverfest?

LMK, ASAP because if you both need your own bedrooms within a cabin, then I need to reserve some more cabins. Thank you in advance!

Man, I'm gettin' PSHYCHED!!!!!! Carverfest can't come soon enough!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 25, 2008 12:21 am

El Bumparoonie. Carverfest is coming folks. Pay attention to all of the threads in this forum to stay abreast.

Hehe, I said abreast. [snicker, snicker] ](*,)

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun May 25, 2008 1:43 am

treitz3 wrote:El Bumparoonie. Carverfest is coming folks. Pay attention to all of the threads in this forum to stay abreast.

Hehe, I said abreast. [snicker, snicker] ](*,)

I *still* want the rack. nice glass shelves!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:06 pm

I've got 1 question? Me being a newbie. what city and state is carvefest held in?
snarffydoggy
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:24 pm

For general location, it is located in the Great Smoky Mountains very close to the Nantahala river about seven miles from the Tennessee border in North Carolina. It's about 1/2 way up or down the western state line. For more specifics, refer to this link....

http://www.watershedcabins.com/driving/DDWS.pdf

If you or anybody else has any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

<<

corkdust

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:39 pm

I can't make the Fest, but can someone tell me who is in charge of the activities?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:58 pm

What do you have in mind?

Bigeric, Audiophile101 and Snarffydoggy, are you folks planning on attending?

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'