FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:13 am

Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08.....

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08.....

Ok, it has been two weeks since the deposits were requested. Seeing as how we are still missing some deposits, if they are not received by next Friday [not tomorrow], the 15th, you will be taken off of the roster of folks that are coming.

The only exception is if you contact me [treitz3] and make arrangements. From now on their will be no exceptions to this rule. We are only 54 days out from this event, so if you have not made a deposit by now call and make the deposit.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, check out the first post of this thread. I added some pic's of the cabins we have for this years event. In 41 days, we'll be there!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:13 am

treitz3 wrote:Carverfest, Here we come!!!

September 10th - 15th, 2008
Needmore Rd, Bryson City, North Carolina 28713

This is what's going on in terms of cabin rentals..........

The 4 Treehouses [2 out of four taken] 2 Available Mr. Carver has one, radioeng2 and his wife have another one. The two other Treehouses are still available as of July 30th.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/treehouses.phtml

Watershed 1 [Full]Zoothorn and wife have rented this cabin. Rig will be Tyler Acoustic's Taylos Ref monitors, Anthem amp one (40 watt tube amp) a Dodd ELP and an Ah! CD w/tubed upsampler
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_1.phtml

Watershed 5 [Full] Dyeraudio, Rainman and wife and FrankieD [also for the first two days Steve Ford and Lynda will be taking Dyeraudio's room] have the first three bedrooms in this cabin. The six bunk beds that are downstairs near the foozball and pool table have all been spoken for.
Rainmans rig: SDA490T cd, TFM45 amps, Linn Kaber speakers (real ebony version never available in U.S.) PS Audio statement speaker cables and I/C's, CT28v and CT23 pre-amps
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_5.phtml

Watershed 7 [FULL]This cabin has been reserved for Eddie and F1nut. Rig will be a sweet one. Will update soon. I know that the Polk Audio SDA 1C's, Manley, Joule and F1nut's hot rod Jolida will be featured.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_7.phtml
Image Image

Watershed 9 [FULL] is reserved to house Engtaz and his son ,jvandyketx has the other bedroom. FesteLV staying within here as well.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_9.phtml

Watershed 10[FULL] Tenants unknown at this point, but the cabin is full. 3 folks that are coming with Mr. Carver will be in this cabin.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_10.phtml
Image Image

Watershed 11 [FULL] (Main host cabin) Treitz3 [upstairs BR], DaveS [downstairs BR],TFM-75 and the Wascally Wabbit will be staying at this cabin along with the available room for 4 separate stereo systems...including the "Shock and Awe" system we enjoyed at last year's Carverfest. I will update the rigs that will be at this cabin shortly. "Sparky" will be featured and we will have Lightstars and Amazings and tubes, LINN speakers, Tyler Acoustics, Focal, Polk Audio. One or two vinyl rigs will be set up here as well with all LP cleaning devices on hand. Two of RichP's "MKII" M-500t's will be featured here as well.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_11.phtml
Image Image

Oh yeah, I forgot. DaveS, here's your bedroom..... :D

Watershed 12 [FULL] (Hell's Kitchen) Magnaryder, Toymaker and his GF, Skip (AKA....Sasquatch) and the better half of Sasquatch will be staying at this cabin. Sir Toymakers one of a kind AL IV's [possibly AL6's] and his rig will be the only setup in this cabin unless Sasquatch intends on bringing his "mini system" again. This will be the cabin to where all proposed meals will be made and served throughout Carverfest. Extra tables and chairs will be provided in this cabin for everybody's convenience.
http://www.watershedcabins.com/watershed_12.phtml

Making Reservations Call 678-528-2732 and ask for Brandy. She is the exclusive contact at the cabins for this event. Please notify her when you talk with her that you are part of the Carverfest group. Keep in mind that she keeps "bankers" hours, please.

Map of cabin layout link below...where cabins are located on the property...
The following link is a pdf of driving directions, a map of the layout of all of the Watershed and treehouse cabins as well as a packing checklist for those who did not make to last year's Carverfest.......
http://www.watershedcabins.com/driving/DDWS.pdf

http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/m ... stmap1.jpg This is a close up satellite image of the layout of the cabins.
http://www.carveraudio.com/CarverFest/m ... stmap2.jpg This is a view from further back. Updates and specific locations to come......

For those that want to mapquest or whatever the location, here's where you want to go to to get to the cabins...... Needmore Rd, Bryson City, Swain, North Carolina 28713

For a list of gear that's coming, refer to this thread.....
http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 2998#42998

This thread has more information on who's coming ......
viewtopic.php?t=3397&start=0
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08 update!

Do NOT refer to the post above as the update for the Cabin rentals.

The first post of this thread has now been updated as of today, Aug 20th @ 2:40pm. There are three Treehouses available if there are any last minute members that would like to attend.

Also, on a different note. Brandi told me to relay to all of you to "please pay the remaining balances on your cabin rentals by Labor Day, which is the 1st of September". I know that there are some who have paid for their cabin rooms [or cabins] in full already, so for you folks please disregard.

If you can not pay for your cabin rentals by the 1st of September, give Brandi a call to make arrangements. Again, please keep in mind that she works bankers hours. For your convenience, she will be working a half day on Labor day. Thanks all!

Who here is getting PSYCHED?!!!!!!!?

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations for Carverfest '08 update!

treitz3 wrote:[b]Who here is getting PSYCHED?!!!!!!!?

<-------PSYCHED!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 pm

I'm SO stoked... what we're not there yet? Damn, I need more Crown!!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:54 am

Ray, I'll have plenty of Makers Mark this year if you can stand it. Just three more weeks guys!
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 am

I've got Treehouse C. Third quarter bonus came in
and my wife has decided she wants to meet my new
freinds. The bunk was just not going to work for the
2 of us.

See you shortly
thall

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:18 am

Congrats, Tom! Look forward to seeing you again & meeting the missus... O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Man getting excited \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .

Just a heads up "BRING FLASH LIGHTS" at night when your walking between cabins you can't see your hand in front of your face. The roads twist and one wrong step could having you falling a nasty fall down 40-60 feet and in other places more.
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:37 am

Thall, great to hear! Ok Carverfest attendees, your final payment for the cabins are due Monday! All cabins need to be paid for by then. If there is an issue, please PM me so that I can let Brandy know what's going on.

The first post on this thread has been updated as of this post which leaves only two Treehouses available for the event. The last minute folks who want to come had better get on the ball because remember......the Treehouses are not held for the event anymore. They are open to the general public and can be rented at any time, FYI.

Good point Tim.....BRING FLASHLIGHTS!!! Trust me, you will need them. ;)

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Yea you wouldn't want to walk into me at night! LOL! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 08'