Dates for Carverfest 2008 here!!!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Dates for Carverfest 2008 here!!!

September 10th - 15th, 2008
This is what I have put the cabins on hold for. This does not mean that everybody is required to pay for and attend all of these days, it's just what has been held for the event.

Please post in this thread as to what dates you are coming, what days you are actually going to attend and how many people that you have coming. It is not necessary to be here the entire time, but to coordinate who is staying with who and in what cabin is better dealt with sooner than later, as some folks may have to switch cabins, depending on whether or not the cabin you are staying in is filled up for the entire time.

http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3396

Please refer to the thread above to see the latest update as to who is staying where and in what cabin. The first post on that thread will be updated periodically to reflect changes. Thank You and we hope to see you there!
Last edited by treitz3 on Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Count me in!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:51 am

Wouldn't miss it. Had way too much fun this year. Can't wait to hear "the wall of sound" again. My plats are lonely at home now.
<<

bob p

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:44 am

Just FYI -- the deadline for filing of federal tax returns for corporations is March 15, or September 15 if you've filed an extension. not that this would matter to most people (or to anyone who plans far enough ahead) but its one of the two things that screwed up my plans this year.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:48 am

Well Bob, make sure you have them done in time next year. We definantly need our tech experts on hand. Radioengineer and Sir Dave saved the day this year by replacing a blown cap on my plats. The wall of sound wouldn't have been the same without them.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Update as to the dates of the event......

Ok fellow Carver fans, the first post on this thread has been updated and the dates for this year's CF are now set in stone. Again, anybody who plans on staying the majority of the time will have Sunday night free.

This is a come one, come all event and we encourage you to bring your spouses and youngin's as this is as much a vacation as an audio event. If you are interested in bringing some gear, or your entire rig just let us know. The main host cabin [Watershed 11] will have 4 complete stereo systems this year.

Anybody who wants to get their ear on the rare Carver Lightstar, come on. It'll be here, so come get a listen on!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Re: Update as to the dates of the event......

treitz3 wrote:
Anybody who wants to get their ear on the rare Carver Lightstar, come on. It'll be here, so come get a listen on!!!

Looks like there might be 3 or 4 Lightstar setups, depending on who is going ?!?!?

I'm bringing my LS pre and LS1 amp....
Dad might be bringing his LS Pre and Silver7t amps ???
Ray... ??
Anyone else ?
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Well, it may take me two days to pack up and reset up the rig, but Sparky [my rig for those who don't know] will be there. I'm gonna require a back brace when I'm done setting it up as well as plenty of alcohol to numb the pain! \:D/

I just hope the trailer makes it up the mountainside. ](*,)

Anybody bringing a 4WD vehicle w/ a ball mount hitch to CF? We might need it! :-s

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 am

My wife and I will be there from 10-15th,,I don't wanna miss nuthin' \:D/
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 am

Angelic and I will are planning on being there early am on the 10th to setup, and will pack up Monday the 15th to head out.
Man, it REALLY sucked leaving last year... that's one HELL of a vacation spot, for someone that just wants a break from life, and to do nothing but chill out !!!!

!!!!!!!!!! AWSOME FUCKING SPOT TOM !!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE SURE THE DAMN WiFi WORKS THIS YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!

What's the deal with kids ???? My son who is 15 wants to come this year. My room will have my GF and I, but it also has a fold out futon my kid could sleep on. Do I have to pay more if we use the futon ???
(( or does that fall under the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy ?? ))
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:17 pm

James, James, James .... I think that the point about kids is that a 5 year old, a 10 year old and a 15 year old are all very different things, especially when the 15 year old WANTS to tag along.

Though, by the logic you were alluding to, DaveS shouldn't have been allowed to drag YOU along last year O:)
Last edited by OBI56 on Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 pm

No, my question was, do I have to PAY more if I bring him, even though the futon is in the room already ?

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:34 pm

No. basically it works like this....

For those that rent out the 1BR "tree house" cabins like zoothorn, the pad is there's and there's alone. Technically IIRC, you are "supposed" to inform the cabins of how many folks are staying in each particular cabin and I believe that two is the maximum for the tree houses but I'll have to double check and get back to you on that because as mentioned sometimes they have additional futons or couches or whatever that others can sleep on. As far as I'm concerned......it's a don't ask, don't tell situation if you have a youngin' or a friend that wants to tag along. That said, if you do get busted, don't come screaming to me because I won't give a flying F.

Now, for those who are part of the reserved cabins it's a little different.
Some of the cabins are 2BR and some of them are 3BR cabins and the way we had it hooked up last year with plenty of cooperation from the cabins was that a "party" or "parties" rented a room, instead of the entire cabin. Some of the rooms had an extra futon or couch that was actually put there intentionally by the cabins for additional sleeping accommodations.

So if you have [We'll use Toymaker as an example] James and his woman Angelic as well as his son, basically just request a room that has extra sleeping accommodations. If we don't know which rooms, we'll find out or I'm sure the folks who went last year will remember the layout. If we still can't remember, they are just a phone call away and the cabins have interior views on their website. Of course you do know that if James wants some "boom-boom", his son could always sleep on the couch if it isn't already "reserved" for someone.

To answer the question about whether or not he will cost any additional $$$? [If he or anybody else for that matter wants to come...] If the bedroom has the accommodations it's free because you have already rented the room. [For your knowledge the cabins note which room you will be renting so it's not a clusterfuck when we get there] This will be handled on a first rent first come basis. That said, if the additional guest is not welcome in the rented bedroom, then it will be up to the 2 or 3 "renters" that paid for their rooms as to whether or not they want to be reimbursed for a portion of their total amount due.

Remember, the cabins may "say" that they sleep 6 but they also [as stated before] have provided additional sleeping areas located throughout the cabins. I think Watershed 11 [the main host cabin] sleeps "4" but really has accommodations for 9 IIRC. Each cabin is different and additional information can be sought via a phone call to them or by checking out the website.

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Update as to the dates of the event......

Toy Maker wrote:
treitz3 wrote:

Looks like there might be 3 or 4 Lightstar setups, depending on who is going ?!?!?

I'm bringing my LS pre and LS1 amp....
Dad might be bringing his LS Pre and Silver7t amps ???
Ray... ??
Anyone else ?

My Lightstars are in.....like there was any doubt 8) I'll bring the 490t and the original Amazings also.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 am

I just want to see this configuration in person:

Last edited by TNRabbit on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'