FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm

((( BOB CARVER.. will he be attending CarverFest 08' ??? )))

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:08 pm

((( BOB CARVER.. will he be attending CarverFest 08' ??? )))

I just wanted to let you guys know that I just got off the phone with Sarai at Sunfire, and turned her on to the CarverFest forum threads...
She said she is going to run the whole idea of Bob showing up next year, by him, and she we will be getting back to me with his feelings about the idea.
(She DID sound pretty positive about the idea) "He likes those kinds of things"

Let's keep our fingers crossed in suspense.......................

\:D/ !!!!! GO SARAI !!!!! \:D/
Last edited by Toy Maker on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:12 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm

WOW. That's all I can say.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:46 pm

Let's keep our fingers crossed! [-o<

Hey, it can be relayed to him that NO reporters are allowed in Caverfest, so he can feel welcome. This is our event! Not the magazines, reporters or newscasters! \:D/
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:03 pm

A couple of questions on the rules:
Can we take pictures of him if he falls asleep?
and how about nicknaming him Sasquatch2?
can we ask him to ride a subwoofer?

Did you say he might be reading this thread? Oops!
Just kidding, Mr. C

Go Sarai!

Thanks treitz3!
-----------------------------
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:18 pm

If he should come, it's too bad he is so far away, and UPS and FedEx or so bad with breaking things... Could you imagine if he could bring the REAL Silver-7's
Mmmmmmmm

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Too cool!! I wonder if he'll autograph my C-19 for me?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:17 pm

And my Silver 7t's, right above the meters...

My guess is that we'll probably end up buying every gold metallic marker in North Carolina, and Bob may go home with a mild case of Carpel Tunnel... 8-[

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:19 pm

So, is he coming? Thinkin' 'bout it or what?

Lots of love, brother. Just keeping you on your toes.

Any update? Don't want this year's CF to go without him if we can help it.

Please, please, please, please............... [-o< [-o< [-o< ;)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Well, I just spoke to Sarai, and she said that Bob sounded interested... but there has been to solid commitment yet. I guess he's out of town till tomorrow, and she told me to email him with the request. I guess this will depend allot on his schedule around that time of the year. Let's keep our finger crossed !!!! [-o<

So I am going to go email him now, and hope to get a reply in the next few days. If I hear anything, I will post here.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:16 am

Toy Maker wrote
I just spoke to Sarai, and she said that Bob sounded interested

Now, that's what I'm talking about!! Any idea what he drinks?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 am

Not yet... after we get some kind of reply, we can start asking questions..... don't want to scare him off before we even have an answer...
U'r like a bunch of stalkers.... =D>

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:22 pm

I wrote
Now, that's what I'm talking about!! Any idea what he drinks?

ray

then Toymaker slandered..
Not yet... after we get some kind of reply, we can start asking questions..... don't want to scare him off before we even have an answer...
U'r like a bunch of stalkers....

No I'm just covering all of the bases....since we invited Bob we should at least show some interest in him. Eating and drinknig with people tends to foster good will...look how well it worked a CF '07.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:25 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed.......

Has anybody had any luck getting a hold of Bob to see if it is in his plans to attend yet?

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Well?

Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'