FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 am

Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:23 pm

Re: Gear that will be at Carverfest '08 thread.....

Tom,, I can bring a 2ch setup in the cabin that my wife and I are in,, it would consist of a pair of Tyler Acoustic's Taylos Ref monitors,,Anthem amp one(40 watt tubey) a Dodd ELP and an Ah! CD w/tubed upsampler if anyone is interested.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 pm

Fantastic zoothorn! Mucho Grassyass, or however they spell it.

That's some nice gear! I, myself want to hear those monitors. Curious about your Dodd as well. Thank you, sir! \:D/
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:58 am

BillD wrote:I think an iPod can deliver audiophile quality to an outbound DAC. It's either in memory or on disc in the iPod. Say you put lossless files on your iPod, and delivered them to that Wadia thingy with coax out to a, say, Benchmark DAC.

The neat thing about iPods versus converting direct from the CD is that it's like a digital buffer. Everything comes out of memory (yes, even the big disk driven iPods buffer to memory), so the transport is out of the equation. So, as long as the iPod hardware/firmware can deliver the bit-perfect (which it is) digital stream to its outbound port, what can go wrong with that?

I would never doubt Mr. Carver when he says it will work. Remember he made an amplifier with some parts and a coffee can that performed better than other companies amps costing thousands. After that feat I bet he will have no trouble replacing all of the sound that is missing from the crappy I pod format. He will probably say it was almost like re-mastering a crappy recording from the 70's! I for one wouldn't bet against it because I do not recall him making statements saying "I can't do it" or "it won't work" :D
Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 am

If you haven't already posted what gear you are bringing to Carverfest, please do so. On the first post of the Cabin Reservation thread....

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3396&start=0

.....you will see what gear will be in what cabins. Thanks!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:06 pm

Here's some good news for those that are attending this year's event.....

RichP has provided not only the M-500t MKII [two of them] but he also threw in a M1.0t MKII for auditioning as well. Fantastic!!!

Thank you very much RichP! *5*

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:54 am

I plan on bringing my entire rig....CT-23, TFM-45, SDA 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers and (some) PS Audio cabeling with a handful of my fave CD's...... ANYONE is welcome to demo my LINN's with their equipment......
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:17 pm

Most likely will be bringing my
M-500t amp
TDR 2400 dual cassette deck
Yamaha C-45 pre amp
Paradigm Monitor 7s and PS 1000 sub
XM radio

Nuttin special but it's mine.
thall

Return to CARVERFEST 08'