FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:11 am

!!! COUNT DOWN TO CARVERFEST 2008 !!!

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Re: !!! COUNT DOWN TO CARVERFEST 2008 !!!

If everything goes as planned, I should get it up and running Wednesday or Thursday.
I plan on putting in cabin 11, and we should be able to move the cabin.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

icravcarver

TFM-25

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Hey guys, you all have fun. Don't party too hard. Hate to think of you all having headaches that leave you reeling and not able to crank it up with all that precious gear! 8) It would be nice if you can get the webcam up so those of us unfortunate suckers that can't go this year get to see some of what we are missing!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OCCD claims another victim!!

Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: TFM-55; C-16; SD/A-490t; TD-1770; BEDROOM: HR-772
Non Carver Gear: MAIN SYSTEM: Dual CS-530 TT w/Ortofon Super OM10; POLK SDA-1C's; Phillips CDR-775 CD Burner; BSR EQ-300; BEDROOM: T.B.A.

"I may be poor, but I am rich in sound!!"
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:00 pm

BillD wrote:Are you going to be setting up that webcam? I'm looking forward to watching you guyses.

My wife just went out and spent $500.00 for a digital camcorder just for carverfest. She will be recording history at the fest for all of us Carver nuts. She is a video wizzard just as OBI56 is the information Wizzard. It will be when the fest is over before she has me post the video's but thay should be great. Man my living room is a mess packing for the trip ](*,) , must clean it up before wife gets off work tonight [-o< , she gets emotional when we take such a long trip away from home , so I have to keep her lifted and make it seem like no problem sweetie all is good.

:D
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:33 pm

tfm75 wrote:
BillD wrote:Are you going to be setting up that webcam? I'm looking forward to watching you guyses.

My wife just went out and spent $500.00 for a digital camcorder just for carverfest. She will be recording history at the fest for all of us Carver nuts. She is a video wizzard just as OBI56 is the information Wizzard. It will be when the fest is over before she has me post the video's but thay should be great. Man my living room is a mess packing for the trip ](*,) , must clean it up before wife gets off work tonight [-o< , she gets emotional when we take such a long trip away from home , so I have to keep her lifted and make it seem like no problem sweetie all is good.

:D

Make sure I get a copy of all her files.... That is one of the major things we are doing this year, is to video ALLOT of the events, and posting them all on youtube... I am bringing my 500GB drive to keep dumping all my videos over, to keep going each day.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:27 am

All this video stuff seems silly to me.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 pm

\:D/ 7 DAYS 9 HOURS 42 MINUTES 10 SECONDS \:D/

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 pm

F1nut wrote:All this video stuff seems silly to me.

Why? Because this is all about AUDIO and LISTENING? :D

I think it's kinda kewl...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:34 pm

well, there are so many threads about CARVERFEST that i don't know where to put this. so here goes, is there going to be like a "base camp" or" headquarters" cabin to meet at? if we are able to come up (more than likely)i would like to know where to go, we can only stay a few hours so i would like too see and meet as many of you as possible and not be driving around lost and hunting for y'all. if all else fails i guess i can "listen" my way there :lol:
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 pm

mewisemagic wrote:well, there are so many threads about CARVERFEST that i don't know where to put this. so here goes, is there going to be like a "base camp" or" headquarters" cabin to meet at? if we are able to come up (more than likely)i would like to know where to go, we can only stay a few hours so i would like too see and meet as many of you as possible and not be driving around lost and hunting for y'all. if all else fails i guess i can "listen" my way there :lol:

Base camp (main host cabin) is watershed 11
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Cabins 11 and 12 are the "2 main cabins"

I guess we have nine or ten cabins this year, so I expect things to be spread out quite a bit.
Cabin 10 is Bob's, and I doubt there will be anything setup in there this year, but we will have to see what Bob wants to do.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:08 pm

ok
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:33 pm

Hope to see U there...

Here's a map of the cabins.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5392

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:59 am

Image5 days!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Image 4 days!!!

In 4 days this poor porch will not look the same. I'm looking so forward to seeing this shot in person. :D

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm

I just got off the phone with Timothy (TFM-75) and he wanted me to pass on that he & family arrived safely in Nashville airport about 45 minutes ago & that he will have limited-to-none computer access until he arrives at CF next Wednesday. He passes on hello's to all & looks forward to seeing you all this week!
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'