FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 pm

VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Carverfest Cabin rental rules........

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:31 am

VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Carverfest Cabin rental rules........

It has been brought to my attention that there is some confusion about the renting of the cabins. Let me clarify the best that I can. Those that rent a room need to pay for that room in full. The ones that rent the room(s) we'll, just to keep it simple, refer to as the "landlords" of the cabin. Again, the landlords must pay the full price of the room.

That said, the "landlords" of each cabin in some cases will have some additional folks staying with them that will be sleeping in the common area. It is up to the "landlords" of the cabin to determine the rate at which the additional folks will pay for there stay and when/how they will pay for the sleeping accommodations.

It is not and will not be the responsibility of the cabins to issue any refund whatsoever for the folks that rent their own room within a particular cabin because of additional folks staying within their cabin. I want to make sure that this is understood. No exceptions will be made, period. The cabins have bent over backwards to help me out with the planning, billing and general help in organizing Carverfest. This does not mean that they are at our beck and call for every change that happens with each particular cabin.

Let me repeat, the "landlords" will be paying for the cabin. They must pay in full for that room. This is the only thing that the cabins are responsible for in planning for this event beyond the normal service that they provide. We are lucky enough to have them accommodate this for us, as they do not normally do this. They only rent by the cabin.

Now, if you are a landlord and have offered to house some additional folks sleeping accommodation's, then it is YOUR responsibility, not the cabins, [as landlords] to get recouped for the $$$ that you have or will be paying in full for your individual rooms. I can not and will not be responsible for any of this. All responsibility will fall on the respective "landlords" of each particular cabin. You can elect to work it out however you would like between the "landlords" and the additional tenants however you wish.

I am here to answer questions as they arise, and will help out in any way I can. I apologize if my wording was not clear enough on the cabin rental thread, but it should be crystal clear now.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: VERY IMPORTANT!!!! Carverfest Cabin rental rules........

Tom and I spoke on the phone for a little while today,

ISSUE 1 The Room / per person prices...
As I see it, and as was noted in the original post months ago, I am of the understanding that we are renting "The Room"
If a house has 2 rooms, we have to split the price 2 ways, if the house has 3 rooms, we are splitting it 3 ways, and so on.

Last year, Ray, Skip, DaveS, and myself split Cabin 12 (3) ways. Where my father and I split the price of our room in 1/2 again (he and I sharing 1 room).

It seems, someone, or some people have voiced an opinion that is may not be fair, and that the price of the cabin should now be split (4) ways....

Ok, let's do some simple math here and see what works out in the end.
From what I understand, the price for the cabin is $1,190 for the week , and that includes a discount, and an extra day free, so

Example 1)
Me Ray Skip.. are the only 3 people in the cabin...
Cabin Weekly fee is $1,190 / 3 = $397 for each of us.

Example 2)
I bring my GF, and son, Ray and Skip.
Cabin Weekly fee is $1,190 / 5 = $238 per persom.
I have to pay $714... Skip and Ray each pay $238

Example 3)
I bring my GF, son and 2 daughters, Ray and Skip
Cabin Weekly fee is $1,190 / 7 = $170 per person....
I have to pay $850... Skip and Ray each pay $170

If I'm paying for 3/4 of the cabin fee, I guess that means I get at least 2 of the bedrooms right ??

Example 4)
I come alone... Ray brings his wife, as does Skip....
Now, since I didn't bring anyone, Ray and Skip get to pick up a little more of my tab... SWEET !!!
I will pay $238, and Skip and Ray get to pay $476 each... (and I get my room to myself)

As you can see, this idea will not work at all..

The only fair way to price the rooms, is as it was posted in the original post by Tom...
"If he or anybody else for that matter wants to come...] If the bedroom has the accommodations it's free because you have already rented the room."
If I want a room to myself, I pay 1/3... If I want my room packed full of 10 illegal immigrants, I still pay 1/3....

ISSUE 2 Food Funding...

$20 per Adult Per Day... Or $100 per person for the week.
$7 per Kid ages 8-13 Per Day... Or $35 for the week
Kids 7 years old or younger, are free.
If you're only going to be there for a day or 2, pay by the day...\

ISSUE 3 Drinking and driving, or any other stupid things you may do after drinking...

The Fest is getting BIG fast....
The concern of liability has come up...
There will be a release form that WILL HAVE TO BE signed by everyone that comes for CarverFest this year.
If anyone should do anything stupid, we do not want Tom, other members or the owners to be responsible for your actions.
I will be getting this release form made up, and will have it there on the 10th.
Make sure you sign it !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:31 am

Nothing to it, I got it along time ago.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 am

Brandy was the one who threw a racket in the gears, by quoting 3 way split on a 2 bedroom place. I immediately contacted Tom to get it straightened out.

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:40 pm

She's new this year, cut her some slack please. I will be giving her the update tomorrow as to which cabins we will need for this year's event. Also, it's time for everybody to pay for their room in full. If you can not do that, you have to at least pay for 1/2 of your room with the remainder due no later than 2 weeks before Carverfest.

When we talk tomorrow, I will brief her once more on how this worked flawlessly last year. Thanks again to those who are working behind the scenes to make this event as memorable, if not more memorable than last year's event. Your time and contributions are priceless. Again, thank you!

Oh, I almost forgot. Please double check the first post on the Cabin reservation thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3396&p=24653#p24653 to make sure that all of the information is correct. This will be the information that I will be providing Brandy with. Thanks.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Toy Maker whined :

Example 3)
I bring my GF, son and 2 daughters, Ray and Skip
Cabin Weekly fee is $1,190 / 7 = $170 per person....
I have to pay $850... Skip and Ray each pay $170

And the problem is what??? Wuss :-) Kidding James

Hey, it sounds like we're getting a deal by not having to pay for Sunday. The Way I've got it figured is I pay $504 for 5 days of great company, good food and libation, plus I get to meet Mr. Carver. Can you put a price on ANY of that?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:53 pm

Why are you paying $504 ??? It should be just under $400 + $100 each for food.... ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Yo' dingbat, $400 for the cabin and $104 for the PP fund. ](*,)

:p You know......$504.00.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Then hes coming alone ?? Thought he was bringing the Wife/GF ??

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:01 pm

I wish it were only costing me $500... shit, I'm guessing it will be around $2000 for me... ](*,)

So yeah, I can put a price on meeting him :lol:

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:16 pm

I thought he was bringing Sherry as well. Ray? :-k

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Then hes coming alone ?? Thought he was bringing the Wife/GF ??

Treitz3 wrote:I thought he was bringing Sherry as well. Ray?

I'm not quite sure yet if she's gonna show. It's hard to leave the girls for that length of time, even though they have a sitter. I like one of us to be around.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Good luck with the other half Ray.

Another thing that was easy to explain to last year's attendees was that this place is kind of like a sanctuary. It is untouched and raw. That said, those that attend, DO NOT throw your cigarette butts down on the ground. This is not a request. This is mandatory.

These cabins are in the heart of the Great Smokey Mountains and the owners have spent countless dollars on trying to preserve and maintain the original landscape and settings one would want during a luxury stay at the cabins.

That said, one beer can, one cigarette or one piece of trash gets thrown over the mountainside.......you may be going over the cliff with it. :evil:

I hate to sound like "Uncle Sam" during tax time, but this area is too precious to go to waste and I would like for the cabins to WANT us to come back to host an event such as this. Not to mention, wouldn't you WANT to come back to a place that's not had a bad human footprint?

I thought so. 8)

Return to CARVERFEST 08'