FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 pm

??? Who is bringing what equipment to be signed by Bob ???

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:46 am

??? Who is bringing what equipment to be signed by Bob ???

Just thought it would be a good idea to get some kind of idea how much equipment will be there for Bob to sign...
I know he is expecting to be signing a bunch of stuff, but I thought a list might be a good idea.

I would like him to sign my:

1) Lightstar Premap
2) Lightstar Amp
3) C-1000a
4) ?? I am thinking about removing the covers to my AL-V's and have him write a little something on the panels...
If I ever sell them some day, it would be a nice little surprise for someone down the road.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Re: ??? Who is bringing what equipment to be signed by Bob ???

Sunfire:

TG-IV
Cinema Grand 400x7 amp
Ultimate Receiver
SD/A-360 CDP
AL-III speakers?????!!??
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:51 pm

I'd love for him to sign every piece I own, but will probably settle for what I'm bringing, the 9t's, 490t, Plats, and maybe my two M-500t's just to get 'em signed. It sure makes them special, and I'll probably never sell any of those items.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

FesteLV

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:15 pm

I'm hoping to bring a 1.0t and TX-11a. How many of these tuners have his signature on them? 8-[
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:25 pm

Well since I reserved a bedroom I am bringing my whole system.....My system is not what you would call a public address system....meant for smaller spaces.....anyway I'd like to have my TFM-45, CT-23 and my SD/A 490t signed.....but I am quite sure Bob may develop carpal-tunnel by weeks end so I will settle for anything he can sign....not picky.......just happy to have him available for conversation. :D :D :D :D :D
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:21 pm

You guys remind me of a bunch of screaming pre-pubescent schoolgirls at a Zak Efrom sighting armed with their Miss Kitty autograph books.

If everyone brings 3 to 5 pieces to get signed, that might make anywhere from 50 to 100 pieces to sign. So, how about this as an idea: everyone brings whatever he wants but chooses 1 piece of equipment to get signed. That way the demands and pressures on Bob's time are reduced and the whole exercise becomes a lot more relaxed. And if Bob does decide that he signs everything in sight, then all the better.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:29 pm

I say, we pay the guy $5 per item... that way it's worth his time, the he will WANT to sign as much crap as we want.... ????
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 pm

You guys remind me of a bunch of screaming pre-pubescent schoolgirls at a Zak Efrom sighting armed with their Miss Kitty autograph books.

LOL....couldn't have said it better myself.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Why would a genius, a multimillionaire and a cat that's looking forward to attending this year's Carverfest want a measly $5.00 a sig?

All I request would be a decent chat and some good times and fun with the man and the chance to thank him for doing what he does, the way he does it and for helping to change the way audio has evolved. What more could I ask for?

I can hear Ray right now......"Just the chance to hear Bob setup the Amazings with the gear on hand.....THAT right there is worth the admission you have to pay to attend Carverfest. Where else are you gonna get that kind of expertise?" :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:13 am

I have a unique idea for Bob to sign some of my gear. My thought was that if Mr.Carver sees all of his components feeding my Linn speakers and approves of the combination I was hoping he might sign my TFM45 and my Linn's along with the amp.(This will help ensure that the speakers are never fed by anything other than Mr.Carver's equipment) =D>
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:52 am

treitz3 wrote:I can hear Ray right now......"Just the chance to hear Bob setup the Amazings with the gear on hand.....THAT right there is worth the admission you have to pay to attend Carverfest. Where else are you gonna get that kind of expertise?" :D

Wait a minute. Nobody told me there would be an admission charge. :lol:
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:27 pm

treitz3 wrote:Why would a genius, a multimillionaire and a cat that's looking forward to attending this year's Carverfest want a measly $5.00 a sig?

My point was... I have done this exact thing in the past... and when you wave $500 at someone, it tends to make the task of signing a bunch of shit seem pretty small....
Point in case.....

Doug Bradley (for those who don't know him by his sir name) "PINHEAD"
I paid him $400 to sign 50 sheets of paper and 10 blocks of wood for me once a few years back... He pissed and moaned at first, till I whipped out the cash...

http://www.thepuzzlebox.com/toymakerstudio/ancient.htm

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:43 pm

treitz3 wrote:Why would a genius, a multimillionaire and a cat that's looking forward to attending this year's Carverfest want a measly $5.00 a sig?

All I request would be a decent chat and some good times and fun with the man and the chance to thank him for doing what he does, the way he does it and for helping to change the way audio has evolved. What more could I ask for?

I can hear Ray right now......"Just the chance to hear Bob setup the Amazings with the gear on hand.....THAT right there is worth the admission you have to pay to attend Carverfest. Where else are you gonna get that kind of expertise?" :D

Hell, I'd rather he can sit there in a cushy chair sipping his DietCoke and finishing a bowl of my Bisque while he walks me through the set-up procedure for my Amazings.
THAT ALONEwould be worth the price of admission.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:59 am

I think the original thought regarding the $5.oo autograph was to use the money to benefit a charity or something.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

Return to CARVERFEST 08'