It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:11 pm

**** BOB CARVER HAS DONATED AMPS TO CARVERFEST ****

<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 am

Re: **** BOB CARVER HAS DONATED AMPS TO CARVERFEST ****

F1nut wrote:
OBI56 wrote:Well, I'm pretty sure his name is Rodney ... at least that is what I've been calling him for close to a year now ... Actually, just read the liner notes from Morglbl's album Grotesk and he is credited as Rodney on there.

Morglbl's album Grotesk?????????

BTW Jesse, what is your impression of those amps?

The amps sound SWEET!!!

Morglbl is the name of the French band Rodney "sponsored" (can't think of the real word) this past May; their latest album is called "Grotesk"...they are a kick-ass group of musicians. I got to see them play in Baltimore.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. :D I've got to see that video. Did Bob really say that? I was so busy stammering like a fool into the phone I must have missed it! Jesse was kind enough to haul them ever so gingerly back to Maryland for me. I practically ordered him to use them till I can pick them up Saturday. One of my first orders of business will be to find a correct fuse holder for the one without. It seems Bob forgot to put it in before he boxed it up. #-o We had to perform minor surgery on it before testing them at the Fest by hard wiring past the fuseblock. I'd say it has the equivalent of a 50 amp fuse right now. :)

TNRabbit wrote:
Morglbl is the name of the French band Rodney "sponsored" (can't think of the real word) this past May; their latest album is called "Grotesk"...they are a kick-ass group of musicians. I got to see them play in Baltimore.

My side business is Blue Mouth Promotions, LLC. http://www.myspace.com/bluemouthpromotions We are the US managers and promoters for all things Morglbl, and are looking at inroads for Europe as well. :-$
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:15 am

Oh crap! I think we packed up your amps without removing the fuse jumper! I'd take the other one to Radio Shack & see what they can do for you on the fuse holder.

Sadly, Bob left before signing your amps. I guess you'll just have to drag 'em back to CF '09, eh? OR, you could remove the transformer covera & send to him for signatures.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 pm

So, when Rodney does his review of his new Bob Carver Tube Amps, should he put in the "Carver Review", "Sunfire Review", or "Other Review" section?

--Richard
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

Audioshopper

Master of all that is Carver

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Hi all,

I had a great time, the time of my life! Really did!

Bob Carver
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Wow. He overcame his computer fear to thank you guys. That's so cool \:D/
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:38 am

Bob, Thank you very much for coming. You were a delight to talk to.

engtaz
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:04 am

Glad you`re back. It was fun to watch you tweaking systems, it was like watching a kid in a candystore. After veiwing the pictures of CF ,and on my wife`s recommendation, I`m going to bring you a set of "Tweaker Pads" for your knees next year. =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Just got off the phone with Bob, and he was asking if the amps were shipped yet? and what he thinks of them if he got them yet ??

He also said he needs an address to send you a manual, and a few other extra parts for changing the setting on the amps if needed.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Please tell Bob that the amps are still with me, still boxed up. Rodney and I had plans for him to come over, but my illness decided it wanted top billing. We'll get it worked out soon.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 pm

OOO..... NOW we know why you "all of a sudden" got sick....
Had to break in a tube or 2 huh.... :lol:

Ok, no problem..............

I really didn't even know who they went home with.
I'll let Bob know tomorrow. He's going out of town, so it will be a few days till he's back anyway.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Toy Maker wrote:OOO..... NOW we know why you "all of a sudden" got sick....
Had to break in a tube or 2 huh.... :lol:

I noticed that too. :-"
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:10 pm

That`s a good cure for a cold, "Take to amps and call me in the morning." Works for me. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:26 pm

DaveS wrote:That`s a good cure for a cold, "Take to amps and call me in the morning." Works for me. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Fu(k yeah, that was funny. I'll have some of what he's got.....tube rollin'

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

snarffydoggy

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Dreamer: I would Have to Think they would go under carver, being as how they are hand crafted by the man himself.
snarffydoggy
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 08'