Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:21 pm

Re: Question for Mr. Carver?

I think I'd start with, "How ya doing, Bob?"
<<

mtroulis

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 am

There is any chance to open the Carver company again????

Manos
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:25 am

As it's currently being run as "Sunfire" and with Bob approaching retirement age more every day, I'd seriously doubt it...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

john0white

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:06 pm

If there is no performance downside to bi-amping; was a matched amplifier with an active crossover front-end ever considered for the Amazing Loudspeaker line?
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 pm

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:13 am

Welcome john0white. Glad to have you here.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

Since I am not smart enough to ask Bob an audio question, and in honor of the 25th anniversary of the movie "Wargames", a question comes to mind:

Bob, you have been inflicting global thermonuclear warfare on the audio industry for several decades. How about a nice game of chess?

I just have to remember to bring a board... and some Kleenex...
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 am

BillD posted this in another thread on June 28th & I wanted to ensure this gets to Bob for CF:

"At least we can get most of the information. I worry that Sunfire will take a dump and there will be absolutely no technical documentation available. If I were going to be at the Fest, this is one thing I'd like to collar Bob on. At least have technical documentation developed and put in escrow, and made universally available if the company should go under. That, I believe, is the only way they can justify their current practice of Sunfire-only repair and still practice good stewardship to their customers."

It would be awesome if Bob could make Technical/Repair schematics available...or at least in escrow as Bill said for if the company goes under....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:50 pm

TNRabbit wrote:BillD posted this in another thread on June 28th & I wanted to ensure this gets to Bob for CF:

"At least we can get most of the information. I worry that Sunfire will take a dump and there will be absolutely no technical documentation available. If I were going to be at the Fest, this is one thing I'd like to collar Bob on. At least have technical documentation developed and put in escrow, and made universally available if the company should go under. That, I believe, is the only way they can justify their current practice of Sunfire-only repair and still practice good stewardship to their customers."

It would be awesome if Bob could make Technical/Repair schematics available...or at least in escrow as Bill said for if the company goes under....

I'm pretty sure it's too later for those good ideas... while I've been talking to him, he refers to his "BOSSES" from time to time...
From the sounds of it, he is no more than an employee of Elan at this point... I could be wrong, but I doubt he can make them do anything... Suggest, probably
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I'm pretty sure it's too later for those good ideas... while I've been talking to him, he refers to his "BOSSES" from time to time...
From the sounds of it, he is no more than an employee of Elan at this point... I could be wrong, but I doubt he can make them do anything... Suggest, probably

Other guys tried that with a company Bob started, and we all know what happened to them. Maybe history will repeat itself.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 am

For the many of us who aren't able to attend Carverfest '08, I think it would be great if someone recorded the question and answer time with Bob and transcribed the information here to the forum for the benefit of all!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:05 am

already got that covered !!!

That is exactly what I am doing, and after Carverfest I will edit the video into each question, and upload averything to YouTube...
There will be a QnA section on the forum after its done...
I plan to print all the questions from the forum, and go through them 1 by 1...
We will also have questions from the members there at the time... And Bob plans to give a few lectures of his own as well... it should be fucking awesome !!!! and I will get everyting I can on video, of the QnA's and any other interesting things that happen... like the AMP drawing !! I know a bunch of people really want Bob to set up a set of Plats... I dono if he's going to do that or not, but its possible.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:28 am

Outstanding, ToyMaker! I realize what a task operating the forum is -- and draws a tremendous amount of energy and willpower from you. Keep up the fantastic job (you and Dave and anyone else who might be involved with the forum admin/housekeeping/upkeep)!!! And the CarverFest video/written record will be eagerly awaited by anyone who attended, and certainly by everyone who couldn't make it (like me). I'll be on the road from New Mexico out to San Diego and back while the Fest is going on -- lift a couple or three for me!

Reese
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

stereo_buff

TFM-55

Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Fantastic, Toy Maker! You are truly going way above and beyond for the benefit of all. Thanks aren't enough reward for all your efforts!!
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 08'