FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:26 am

carverfest question

<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 am

carverfest question

would it be possible for me and my wife too drive up for a couple of hours to see some of you and carver stuff? we live about 100 miles from bryson city,n.c providing we have the time
thanks
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 am

Re: carverfest question

and what would be the price for any admission fees ?
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 am

I don't see a problem with that.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 am

I seem to remember a post on this very subject welcoming people who could not attend for the entire event to come by for the day Satruday or Sunday. Maybe Treitz could elaborate on this.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:29 am

From what was said before, there is no problem with people dropping in for a day....
The only thing we askd is... if anyone plans to stay for lunch or dinner or plans on drinking a bunch while they are there, is to make some kind of donation to the CarverFast food fund before leaving. This can be handled by myself, or Tom at the fest.

We just don't want to plan for 30 people, and come Saturday there are 50 people looking for lunch and dinner...
If you are planning on coming, I would recomend adding yourself to the ((((Carverfest '08 attendees list)))) and letting everyone know what days, and times you plan on being there.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:58 am

Or just bring a cooler full of stuff we can all eat and drink, lololol
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:39 am

ok, thanks i will double check our schedule and if able put my name on the list . would very much like to see the equipment, maybe the only chance to see the super high end stuff in my area and snap a few pix.
thanks again
<<

mtroulis

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:52 pm

Please help

Where and when is the Carver Fest??

There is a chance to be in the US next September.

Manos
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:55 pm

mtroulis wrote:Please help

Where and when is the Carver Fest??

There is a chance to be in the US next September.

Manos

10-15 Sep 08 in Eastern North Carolina (Near Bryson City, sort of).
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

mtroulis

Newbie 50+

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:09 pm

Can you send me the coordinates for the google earth?

Manos
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5392

35°21'55.31"N
83°32'43.61"W

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:24 pm

mewisemagic wrote:would it be possible for me and my wife too drive up for a couple of hours to see some of you and carver stuff? we live about 100 miles from bryson city,n.c providing we have the time
thanks
Absolutely. Come on down! One of the great things about Carverfest is actually getting the chance to meet the members you talk too all the time. The gear pretty much speaks for itself and there will be a plethora of gear to listen to. Some of the gear that will be there, not many people in the world have even heard yet.

Just let me know when you would like to come and how many folks you will be bringing with you. You can either let me know right here on this thread or you can PM me. We'll work the other details out when you know if you can attend or not. Good luck in the meantime and we hope to see you there. Oh, I almost forgot. Any day would be ok, not just Saturday/Sunday. We have folks coming and going throughout the event.

BTW do you happen to live near Charlotte, NC by chance?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Manos, most likely the dates for next year's Carverfest will remain the same if we all agree that the location will not change. I'm sure that we'll know for certain by the end of Carverfest. It would be great to have you here!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

mtroulis

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:44 am

To tell you the truth I have been thinking of it since I will be in Dallas TX to see a friend about the 09-25-08. Now I have to fill out all the paper work to get permission from my Pentagon (WIFE + Kids) for the 10 until 30 -09-08.

I will try believe me.

Manos
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'