FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:15 pm

carverfest question

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:11 am

Re: carverfest question

Manos, it would be nice to meet you, hope you can make it.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

mewisemagic

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:37 am

treitz3 wrote:
mewisemagic wrote:would it be possible for me and my wife too drive up for a couple of hours to see some of you and carver stuff? we live about 100 miles from bryson city,n.c providing we have the time
thanks
Absolutely. Come on down! One of the great things about Carverfest is actually getting the chance to meet the members you talk too all the time. The gear pretty much speaks for itself and there will be a plethora of gear to listen to. Some of the gear that will be there, not many people in the world have even heard yet.

Just let me know when you would like to come and how many folks you will be bringing with you. You can either let me know right here on this thread or you can PM me. We'll work the other details out when you know if you can attend or not. Good luck in the meantime and we hope to see you there. Oh, I almost forgot. Any day would be ok, not just Saturday/Sunday. We have folks coming and going throughout the event.

BTW do you happen to live near Charlotte, NC by chance?

i'm about 90 miles from charlotte we live outside of columbus,n.c. and if we can make it it will probably be saturday
carver ct29v,tfm-15cb,tfm-35x,m1-ot,tlm-3600, pair of 9 t's ,c5,adcom 535 II,oppo 981 dvd, polk sda srs 2.3tl,polk sda srs 1.2
tfm-42,AL-III+, yaqin 10l
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:39 am

Cool deal. We hope to see you there!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:19 pm

mtroulis wrote:To tell you the truth I have been thinking of it since I will be in Dallas TX to see a friend about the 09-25-08. Now I have to fill out all the paper work to get permission from my Pentagon (WIFE + Kids) for the 10 until 30 -09-08.

I will try believe me.

Manos

Manos, bring baklava, and someone might widen your too narrow eyeglasses for you !!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) OOPA!!!!
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 pm

AND a couple bottles of 12 star Mataxus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:52 am

DaveS wrote:AND a couple bottles of 12 star Mataxus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveS, would 12star Mataxus happen to be ouzo by any chance ??? :)
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:55 am

gdb wrote:
DaveS wrote:AND a couple bottles of 12 star Mataxus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaveS, would 12star Mataxus happen to be ouzo by any chance ??? :)

Knowing DaveS, probably beer!!!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:04 am

Metaxa (Greek Μεταξά) is a Greek distilled spirit invented by Spyros Metaxas in 1888. It is a blend of brandy and wine made from sun-dried Savatiano, Soultanina and Black Corinthian grape varieties. It is then blended with an aged Muscat wine from Samos and Lemnos. The distillates are aged in hand-made French Limousin oak casks for a minimum period of three years before being flavoured with a secret herbal mixture, that includes rose leaves, and distilled water. This mixture is allowed to "marry" for at least six months, then chilled at -6°C for 48 hours, filtered, before being bottled.

Always glad to help!
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Reese. Booze has never been my speciality.
<<

sonicboom

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:26 pm

WOW WOW WOW!! What an amazing place for a gathering. i will certainly pencil it in my diary for next year.
The thought of listening to High End Audio at full volume in a beueitiful enviroment with like minded people is my kinda nirvana.
Out of curiosity how much does it cost to stay in one of those cabins, will all the audio be setup in one room or in the individual cabins. cant wait to see the pics. is there any pics from last years fest.
Any trout fishing nearby? Chris
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Just check out the CaverFest07 thread on here sonicboomn for lots of pics of last years event.

Here are some of one of last year'S attendees pics:
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l162/stonecarver7505/

Also, there is a thread that give yo all the pricing information within this thread.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:24 pm

sonicboom wrote:Out of curiosity how much does it cost to stay in one of those cabins, will all the audio be setup in one room or in the individual cabins. cant wait to see the pics. is there any pics from last years fest.
Any trout fishing nearby? Chris
Hey Chris, what a treat it would be for us to have someone coming from Australia. Usually the prices average around $100USD per night per room. You do not have to rent out an entire cabin. If you share your room with someone, no additional cost will be incurred.

The audio setups will be spread out this year more so than last year due to more rigs coming. Most likely there will be four rigs in the main host cabin with four to five other cabins also having a setup as well. We'll know for certain when we get there. last year we didn't even know where each rig was gonna go, we just got there and started putting them up. Had a blast too!

As for trout fishing? Hell yes, plenty around the area.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 08'