FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:45 am

Internet Connectivity??

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:26 pm

Internet Connectivity??

How did those who attended before connect up to the web? What service did anyone use? If I use roadrunner service in Tampa, FL, What is the internet service at the cabins. Do you use AOL or some other internet provider?

Thanks
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:47 pm

Re: Internet Connectivity??

Toymaker is the one who can answer that one. IIRC he was the one to hook up my computer and his. I believe those were the only two there operating online last year.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:31 pm

My laptop was WiFI... just jumped on the network by itself !!!
If you only have ethernet, you'll have to "set up shop" somewhere in your cabin close to the router.
Or grab a cheap WiFi-USB plug on the way. They are pretty cheap, like $30
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:35 pm

How did we end up hooking mine up? I thought we just plugged it into the wall????
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm

So, internet is free?

Thanks
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Yes. Provided the Wi-Fi at the cabins are working. We experienced some "issues" last year that the cabins have had a serviceman come out to correct but no test has been done. It's not cost effective right now but the cabins have not gotten any complaints.

Keep your fingers crossed. [-o<

Return to CARVERFEST 08'