FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:55 am

Hurricanes....

<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Hurricanes....

Are the two pending hurricanes forseen as possibly f*!king up the fest ?? Power outages, cancelling rafting ????
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Re: Hurricanes....

Hell never thought about it? Being from California we just have earth quakes and get dropped into a hole when the earth splits open. But back there in a hurricane you get sucked into the sky ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

Holy crap.....didnt think of that......that would absulutly suck... :?,,hers a link to track the storms..you can look at all 4 of em....day by day...open page...scroll down to lower right hand side...click on storm tracker

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032128/
Last edited by stevewithrow on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:44 pm

Well, so far in Jawga,, the days have been warm and clear,,nights--cooler,,thundershowers predicted for Saturday,, 5 day forecast looks good,, [-o< but I'm a "wait and see" person,,, either way,,I'm there.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:37 pm

Hurricanes have been a concern and have been closely monitored. Ike seems to be the one that will have any effect, if any to Carverfest. We will be able to tell a little bit more in the next three or four days but at this point we have nothing to worry about power wise. The only concern is the amount of rainfall and getting everybody up the last 1/4 mile that's very steep.

Most everybody will already be there and set up by the time it rolls in [Fri-Sat maybe?] so even that concern isn't really a big one. Just make sure that if you come, you have the phone #'s of all of the attendees. Just in case you have "issues" with making that last 1/4 mile of your trip.

As far as the white water rafting? The river is dam controlled and basically it's gonna be either a cat 2 or a cat 3 river. I'll be ready no matter what it may be.

I'm not at all worried about wind or any of the "other" things that is of normal concern when it comes to a hurricane because of the fact that we are so far inland and at a high altitude to boot. Literally, the only thing I am concerned with is the amount of rainfall. If that's it? We're doin' good. ;)

This is easy..............

This, not so easy............

This isn't even the steep one and the pictures do not show a true representation of how steep they actually are. The first hill is a bitch. I couldn't even make it up it last year when it was dry [hauling approx. 7K lbs]. This year I have snow chains. :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Tom,, "the last quarter mile"---- do I need a FWD 8-[ just how steep is it? I'm assuming that it get a little slick with some rain.

Nevermind,, now I see the pic's.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm

I would "guestimate" that it's about a 42-47 degree slope. Most folks had no problem at all. I had issues because of the amount of weight I had and the trailer. Even though I had brand new tires, I'd lose traction in the first 15 feet of ascent.

It took Tim and I an hour and a half to go the last 1/4 mile. :shock:

Since we have rented all but three cabins in the entire "cul-de-sac", if you will, we might just reverse the direction of the road so it's easier to enter. We'll see how it is when we get there. If there is no rain, there is no problem.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:28 pm

Oh boy ](*,) I'm planning on riding the motorcycle [-o<
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:30 am

I saw a Werner Ent. truck make it all the way to the very top of the runaway truck ramp just down the road there on I77. So I figure everyone should not have trouble with the cabin hill if we copy him and I know how he achieved such a feat..............Dont lift, Just shift!

When the hurricane comes I don't think it would be too much of a problem for us at the cabins. It's not the monsoon rain and the strong winds blowning that will cause the problem. The problem with a hurricane is when the ocean and the first three or four counties inland have a territorial disagreement. We live in Michigan because we figured out that four feet of snow will melt, however four feet of sand in your living room wont! Make sure the homeowners insurance is paid before your gear washes away......
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:51 am

Ike's supposed to go into the Gulf rather than up the coast — so you guyses ought to be OK.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to CARVERFEST 08'