FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:35 am

Thank you for your hospitality

<<

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:12 pm

Thank you for your hospitality

Thank you from Lynda and myself for your hospitality during the event.
It was great to put faces to the names, see and hear the stuff going and many thanks for Bob Carver for being so generous with his time and gold colored pen!
The bike ride home wasn't too shabby, either. The Blue Ridge Parkway is motorcycle heaven.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: Thank you for your hospitality

Please accept our thank you as well (Janice and George), everyone was so kind to us. We would like to thank everyone for their time,effort,patience and hospitality that was afforded us.You are all a wonderful group of folks--thanks for making us feel welcome--george(zoothorn)
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey, I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone and matching my mental pictures to the real people. What a stand-up group!

Steve, Somehow I missed the fact that you and Lynda are newlyweds. Congratulations!
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 pm

I should add ..... my deepest heartfelt thanks to everyone at CF08, but especially Tom, James, Ray, Dave, Gary, Skip, (sorry about that crossover cap!) Marjorie, and of course, Bob for making Carverfest a truly special event for me.

The amount of time and energy this group put in to making CF08 the success is nothing short of staggering. I shudder to think now that I was a mere breath away from missing it all.
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:34 pm

-what a great bunch !!!

-lovey told me that mr MR [ray] then mr BC called and left messages to call !!!

-it was neato talk'in to mr MR/ mr BC and sir daves

-made me happy and proud

-wont be deleting those messages anytime soon

-i really missed not going...but the guyzes came thru BIGTIME...dont know how to say THANKYOU any better !!!

-yeah, a GREAT FORUM and group of guyzes and galzes

-PS; acourse my internet was down all this fleetin weekend ](*,)
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:43 am

Sorry I couldn't be there once again this year. In any case, I feel grateful for all the hard work that everyone put in.

My offer still stands for anyone in the Washington DC/Sourthern Maryland area (and those passing by) to stop by for a mini-fest of our own. If you hurry, you might catch a guest appearance by TNRabbit's "they-are-not-really-mine-honey" subs :-" . Henceforth called the "Denial Subs". I will let him tell the story, you know, sworn to secrecy and all that :-$ . As a side note, OCCD IS REAL AND IT IS CONTAGIOUS! Soon after the denial subs made their appearance I was stuck with a severe case of upgraditis and am now the proud owner of a pair of Sunfire CRS-3 speakers.

Anyway, I know I missed a chance of a lifetime at meeting Bob Carver but from my interactions with you guys in this forum, I can say that it was equally disappointing not to meet everyone else in person.

I make no promises for subsequent CFs other than I will help in any way I can.
Thanks
=D> =D> =D>
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I'd really like to get ahold of the center that goes with the CRS-3s. I think it would mate well with my AL-IIIs.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:54 pm

BillD wrote:I'd really like to get a hold of the center that goes with the CRS-3s. I think it would mate well with my AL-IIIs.

From what I have been reading it would seem to be the perfect match for the AL-III or any of the other Amazings soundwise. I was actually thinking about getting a pair of CRM-2s for my new main speakers along with my Polk Subwoofer but for some reason they have suddenly become as rare as hens teeth; the only pair I have seen recently come from one of those unauthorized dealers with no warranty. And since it is all but impossible to find out if Sunfire has any dealers up here in Canada, finding a pair locally is pretty much out of the question.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:20 pm

Just wait for it, guys. My sense is there will be an announcement soon about something you will enjoy. Because I don't have first hand information I don't want to start any rumors. Sorry for the teaser, but that's where I have to draw the line.
<<

garcianc

TFM-35

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:08 pm

I seem to remember either reading in an article or hearing in one of Bob Carver's recent interviews the mention of a floor-to-ceiling speaker array. I tried googling for it, but can't find anything. Also the new Sunfire Theater Grand processor with the nifty touch screen gives a glimpse of more good things to come thanks to the ELAN/Sunfire relationship. It is nice to see Sunfire taking more of a lead role in innovation (i.e. the SubRosa sub, the XT speaker line), just like the old CARVER days, rather than making "mee too" products.

One thing that I think would be neat is if Bob could resurrect the Carver brand as a "classic" division of Sunfire. Perhaps even as a direct-sales-only brand so as not to compete with Sunfire dealers but take on companies like Outlaw audio. The Carver reputation alone would make them an immediate player in that market.
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:25 pm

I suspect moving the Carver name to a direct mail model might not be so simple. I'm sure a lot of products would need to be designed for it, and Bob is probably busy designing Sunfire stuff. He spoke about the floor to ceiling array and made a predictably good case for it, but it won't be a Sunfire product. So who knows?! I also heard him make mention of working on a server product. There may be interesting times ahead.

Return to CARVERFEST 08'