FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:48 am

Home....finally

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Home....finally

587.6 miles each way/Gas was over $4.29 a gallon...if you could find it in Cincinnatti/lots of trees down and they were just getting the power back up. Has anyone heard from Thall and his Misses? I think they might have run right into it on they're way home. I had a great time....what can I say? I had the pleaseure to meet and cook for alot of nice folks and a true Luminary of audio, how much better can in get? Bob.....damn, what can I say except thanks!!!!! I had the opportunity to put some faces to names I've been seeing here for the last year and a half. Jesse, thanks for lending a hand, 'ppreciate it Bro' ;-) Eddie, great work on the Prime Rib and the Filets, FrankieD great choices in wine, Roy and Mark were a huge help running errands and helping clean up the kitchen. James has wonderful children....we drafted all of them and I wouldn't have been able to get it done without Alex, Nicole and Jessica and his waaay better half Angelique.

Tom and James....it doesn't get nay better than you two/great job guys!!!

The systems were out of this world and the company was even better. Thanks for letting me be a small part of this group....

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 am

Re: Home....finally

Glad that you made it home safely,,cheapest gas I found was 3.99/gallon---first thing my wife did when we got home was to have a bowl of that fantastic bisque,, thanks for all that you did, you "numbah one"---george&janice
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 am

Thanks for everthing Ray. Glad you got home safely.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:49 pm

Ray,

I see your point now, it's a good one with one exception....LOL

Man, can you cook! I still can't believe you managed to do what you did. My hat is off to you, sir.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to meet you.....one which I hope to have again.

Anytime, bro.

Jesse
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey Ray, glad you got home allright. Thanks for the great food and personality. It was a pleasure.

I am hoping to geneerate interest in a "west coast fest" (catchy name huh). I am looking into a place that has a full restaurant kitchen to lure you out here. Wish me luck.

FrankieD
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:48 pm

frankieD wrote:Hey Ray, glad you got home allright. Thanks for the great food and personality. It was a pleasure.

I am hoping to geneerate interest in a "west coast fest" (catchy name huh). I am looking into a place that has a full restaurant kitchen to lure you out here. Wish me luck.

FrankieD

Brother, if you can find a *real* kitchen I'm there!!!

Make it a winter(in Ohio) month.....as I love the wild bikini in winter motief.

ray
Last edited by Magnaryder on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm

removed
Magnaryder

<<

thall

TFM-35

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Yep, came home to a bit of a mess Sunday.
The power just came on this afternoon. Still waiting
for things to settle down before plugging the stereo in.

We had a great time. Thanks to Tom, James, Ray and
most of all Mr. Carver. Without question, meeting and
spending some time with you was the highlight of the
trip.

Great seeing everybody from last year and meeting
those that made it this time around. Sorry I missed you
Dreamer and Steve Ford.

Missed you too Maxxx and Pam.
thall

SteveFord

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:42 pm

Thall,
Maybe next year. The Blue Ridge Parkway was saying Let's Ride so it was doggie paddle the bike down that monster hill, snatch everything up and hit the twisties.
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:20 pm

U da' man Ray !!!! All your meals went off without a hitch (unlike someone elses) :(
I was really impressed with a few of the things you whipped up on the fly like you did...
I'll be copying youe rasberry/pancake for sure !!!!!

This years meals would never have been as good as they were without you there

Next year, I hope to make things alot easier for you, I felt really bad seeing you stuck in the kitchen as much as you were.
As much as I know you enjoy being there, I also know, it's NOT a "CookFest". I will do everything possible to make sure you have a little more "fun" next year.

My hat off to the best Chef I personally know !!!!!!!! Well done =D> =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:45 am

Toy Maker wrote:U da' man Ray !!!! All your meals went off without a hitch (unlike someone elses) :(
I was really impressed with a few of the things you whipped up on the fly like you did...
I'll be copying youe rasberry/pancake for sure !!!!!

This years meals would never have been as good as they were without you there

Next year, I hope to make things alot easier for you, I felt really bad seeing you stuck in the kitchen as much as you were.
As much as I know you enjoy being there, I also know, it's NOT a "CookFest". I will do everything possible to make sure you have a little more "fun" next year.

My hat off to the best Chef I personally know !!!!!!!! Well done =D> =D>

Shit James that was one hell-of-a-meal you wrangled up. The chicken kicked serious ass!! What more could you ask for??

ray
Magnaryder

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 am

Well we`er home too, letf Greenville Tenn. 9 am and got here a couple of hours ago. Had Maxxx lock us out of the truck with the keys in it ,but that`s another story for later.

I`d like to say it was great to see everyone again and meet all the others for the first time.

Bob all I can say is You Rock.
Tom I dont know how you do it.
James I do know how you do it.
Ray If you are ever homeless you can come and live with me just as long as you cook. I`ll be your kithcenbitch. Never have I had so much good food for such a long period of time.

I dont think that I have ever heard soooooooooo much SWEET music in any one place in my life.

Jessie and Rainman I`m sorry I never got to hear your rigs but then there is always next year.

whiterino I hope you heard YOUR new amps on skips speakers, Ive been listening to them for 25 years and REALLY heard them for the first time at CF. You lucky SOB. AND yes you will not be allowed to attend CF`09 with out them.

Gas wasn`t that bad going home, filled up in Greenville for 4.09 and agaon in Clakes Summit PA for 3.65. The only place I saw 4.00 gas was within abour 3 to 4 hour of CF.

Got to get some sleep more later, can`t think straight. I know Toymaker "As usuall." Glad your home safe. (ALL)

Maxxx and Pam You missed a good on as we missed you.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

docadillac

TFM-25

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Glad to hear you all made it home safely, especially with all the stuff that's been blowing around weather wise.

Return to CARVERFEST 08'