FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:28 pm

Carverfest ROCKS!!!

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:01 am

Carverfest ROCKS!!!

Great people, great gear, great food, great place!!!

A huge THANK YOU to those who made this happen, you know who you are. It was my pleasure to meet each and everyone of you. You're all the best.

'Nuff said.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:15 am

Re: Carverfest ROCKS!!!

Great to meet you finally. Glad you got back OK. You and Eddie were great to talk to.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 am

Thanks F1 for letting me hear what a tube system should sound like. Don't know if I've ever heard a sweeter sound. Sure enjoyed talking with you. See Ya next year.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:57 am

skip wrote:Thanks F1 for letting me hear what a tube system should sound like. Don't know if I've ever heard a sweeter sound. Sure enjoyed talking with you. See Ya next year.

DITTO. One of the cleanest & most articulate systems I've ever heard...wish we could have heard it with your regular speakers!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

dyeraudio

TFM-75

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:11 pm

Jesse's system blew me away......One of the best I have ever heard.... :D :D :D :D :D :D Love the Jolida faceplate swap....nice..... :D :D :D :D
CARVER CT-29V, CARVER TFM-45 (Rita-furbished) ,CARVER SD/A 490t, LINN Keilidh speakers, PS Audio I/C's, PS Audio Statement & Plus Speaker Cables, APC Line-R 600 conditioner, Vibra-Cones
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 pm

Hey all just had to say thanks to all great people at CF! Thanks Ray for the great food and Tom and James for making this all happen! Hope everyone got home safe. Skip do you hook up those speakers yet you lucky dog and that other lucky dog weitrhino that got the tube amps! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:54 pm

I second the comment about F1nuts system and I'll add I was VERY impressed with the (now Tom's) polk speakers. Great sound stage and bass rivaled only by Skip's plats.

I will let the cat out of the bag now. Jesse (F1nut) is actually a very nice person. I guess he doesn't want the forum to know it but he and Eddie were extremely hospitable and great company.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

Did anyone ACTUALLY doubt the Jesse's system would sound as great as he claimed it did? I haven't heard his system nor have I met him but I have always suspected that he puts up this facade to prevent people from finding out that he is basically a nice guy ... O:)
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:25 pm

What facade? :D Nah, F1 is truly a great guy, plus he's a blues man which puts him high in my estimation.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:30 pm

+100, the only comment that could be even perceived as a negative about this system was: "I can't believe the unbelievable sound was coming from the SDA 1C's." I have heard a number of SDA's and they have never sounded so musical. The sound from Jesse's setup made me melt with enjoyment. If Jesse and Eddie didn't have to go, they would not have been able to get rid of me. I planed on going back for a second helping but had too many things to get done. Thanks you for your hospitality. I really enjoyed our conversations.

Thanks again,
engtaz
Roy
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:37 pm

In the two short years that I've known Jesse,,I can say that any system that he has "laid hands on" will sound very,very good,,,also if he says it's so,,,it's so.I expected to be blown away by his system,, and I was,,, after all,,he has a reputation to uphold :D . Good on ya,,Jesse,,hopefully I'll see you next year--rock on---george
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:29 pm

Jesse,

Sorry I never got to come down and experience your rig. I was trying to squeeze as much time in with the group, and with Bob that there simply weren't enough hours in the day (and I WAS there just one day) to take in every system...

From what I hear, I missed one of the best rigs there, and I'm VERY bummed about that. Plus I wanted to talk with you about some stuff FTF, but that never happened either. Oh well, perhaps next year we can remedy that.

See ya next year!

--Richard (Dreamer)
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:28 pm

Yup, that system has made me think about some things. Those speakers , the 1C's I now have, will probably not even be hooked up until I get some tubes on them..........and I got my eyes on an amp that probably NO one knows about yet. Well, I lied. There's one forum member that knows. Only one.

Anybody care to guess what kind of tube amp?

Anybody care to guess what will be the fate of Sparky?

:shock: :-" :shock:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Do tel spanky.... Looks like a few people on here will be going over to tubes

AND ANSWER UR DAMN PHONE :roll:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:12 pm

It sounds like I missed out on some great sound systems. Does anyone know if the CF will ever be on the West Coast in years to come? I would love to attend one of these, but will probably have to wait until it hits closer to home.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 08'