FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 pm

$ $ $ $ $ CARVERaudio INTERCONNECT ROADSHOW $ $ $ $ $

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:34 pm

Re: $ $ $ $ $ CARVERaudio INTERCONNECT ROADSHOW $ $ $ $ $

TNRabbit wrote:He's probably waiting for the perfect moment on the perfect day when the planets are perfectly aligned and his speakers are perfectly placed and all his gear is working perfectly to give them listen....so his perfect ears can detect the imperfection of your ICs...

8) :lol: 8)

Wabbit,

Good one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:06 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I PMd mike, and he still has them. ](*,)

Damn, James; he's ALMOST as bad as you!
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Cool, someone I can complain about for a change.... =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:45 pm

TNRabbit wrote:He's probably waiting for the perfect moment on the perfect day when the planets are perfectly aligned and his speakers are perfectly placed and all his gear is working perfectly to give them listen....so his perfect ears can detect the imperfection of your ICs...

8) :lol: 8)

is that perfect day the one where you can balance an egg on your table? you know....where it stands up on end? my rig sounds better that day too....

bwaahahahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Cool, someone I can complain about for a change.... =D>

Or look up to ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:11 am

I still have not received a PM from erniejade1, so corkdust.....could you please send me your address and contact information so that we can get these on the way to you?

A PM has been sent to corkdust. We'll wait one week and if we haven't heard back from him, we'll move on to the next person.

Everybody who is bypassed will be added to the end of the list, so that they still have the chance to audition them in their rig but it has been long enough and there are way too many delays. This roadshow needs to get back on the road.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:28 am

Canada list....

CANADA LIST
2. PDR [passed on evaluation, already owns a set]
3. BrianT
4. puchalsk
5. rolereversal

James, what's up with the list above? Are we gonna have a dedicated set for them or what? I forgot the deal.

#############################################################################################

TNRabbit, do you still have the single set?

#############################################################################################

Mike, give me a call at 803-579-0607 please.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 am

Strike me from the list.

I already own a 1m & .5m pair.

Maybe the only sets out of the US?....dont know.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:40 am

Taken off the list.

PDR wrote:Strike me from the list.
Done, thank you.

Could you be so kind as to offer your observations on them? Good, bad, stellar or otherwise?

<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Sure.

I have 2 systems, a 2 ch and a HT. The ICs perform differently in each, so I'll break them down and let you know what I think
with them in each. I'll post pics for reference. I recently finished a dedicated 2-ch room and hauled my HT system up to compare,
the room still needs treatments so my opinion might change with them in place.

Home Theatre System:
Speakers....Selah Symmetrica arrays for front L&R......Selah 128 arrays for rears.....Selah Sardonyx for center.
AMP & PRO.....Sunfire 5400 paired with Sunfire TGP-5
Source.....Denon 2930ci SACD/DVD
ICs......From Denon to TGP-5 ....MIT S3 shot gun.....XLO digital
From TGP-5 to 5400.....MIT S3 shotgun to L&F front....Better Cable RCAs for remaining 3 chs
Cable......XLO HT6

I used my Raysonic 128 on each of the systems when I was comparing ICs.
The Carvers sound quite good in this system, But the MITs seem to bring a bit more air and a bit better soundstage. The instruments
seem to have a better tone (natural sound) as well. The Carvers are a tad bright on this system wth the Ribbons.

PIC of arrays in 2 ch room:

2 Ch room:
Speakers.....GR Research V-1 open baffle, with 2 GR/Rythmic 12" bass drivers and servo subs incorporated
AMP.....Grant Fidelity A-88 dual mono.
Source....Raysonic 128
ICs......Carver Audio
Cable.....XLO HT6....for now.

This is my reference system. I have tried many ICs between the raysonic and GF.....and I dont know why, but the Carvers are just
outstanding. The MITs dont compare. There is some kind of synergy in play here....honestly when I bought them from James
I wasnt expecting to place them in my main system......but there they are. The sound coming from this set up is world class.
I recently heard a set of Sonus Faber Stradivari (40K)...in a high end shop with about 50k of gear in front and I just smiled....
next was a set of Focal diablos (19K) I smiled again. They dont compare, and for some reason this IC just tops it off.
So there you go.....2 reviews, same room different equipment....different outcome. HT with arrays,allright.....tubes and OB....outstanding.

PIC of OBs and gear:

<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Re: Canada list....

treitz3 wrote:CANADA LIST
2. PDR [passed on evaluation, already owns a set]
3. BrianT
4. puchalsk
5. rolereversal

James, what's up with the list above? Are we gonna have a dedicated set for them or what? I forgot the deal.

TNRabbit, do you still have the single set?

Mike, give me a call at 803-579-0607 please.

Tom.

Please take me off the Canada list, as I purchased 3 pairs from James over a year ago.

As these are already in Canada, Duty and Taxes paid. I am willing to use 2 of mine for the road show with guaranty that I get them back.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

TNRabbit

Post Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:45 pm

No, Tom; Angelo has never replied to me about them. As far as I know, he still has them.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:55 am

WHAT THE FUCK, OVER?!???
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Fuck me.

Alright, this is getting ridiculous. I have called Mike and PM'd him with no response with any of them. Apparently you have done the same with Angelo, however I have not and I will try to call him today and at least get his cables back on the road.

NEW RULES!!!!

From now on, whoever these cables are being sent to.....we will need two daytime contact numbers. They will both be verified before shipping. We will also require one emergency contact number that we will hold on the honor system, along with your address. Not a P.O. Box, an actual address. I will volunteer to take down all of the information and do the verifying.

Real simple; don't provide them? You are not eligible for the roadshow, period. If you do provide them and we haven't heard back from you after your two week period? That information will become public and someone WILL track you down.

Mike, get with it man! You have had them for WAY too long and Corkdust has been patiently waiting for some time now.

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I've given up on the whole "roadshow" idea... I don't care where they are... Not going to waste any more time with this.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERaudio.com Products