Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Meetings / Gatherings
User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 am

OK, you guys that were here, let me know what you REALLY think about the system. Be critical; be detailed-- I can take it. I want to know your true thoughts on it....really! I value everyone's (ok, maybe not EVERYONE's 8) ) opinions.

My ears are old & beat up & I tune the system for me. I also realize there was more chatting, eating & drinking than many (including me) would have preferred, but sh*t happens~ give it a shot.

Jesse, I know you'll be brutally honest, why don't you start them out.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"
Posts: 3992
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by OconeeOrange » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:42 am

It just was not loud enough, I could not hear it.

User avatar
Rainman
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1019
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:19 am

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by Rainman » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:30 am

TNRabbit wrote:OK, you guys that were here, let me know what you REALLY think about the system.
Rabbit, after many hopeless attempts to audition systems at CF in a listening environment which makes it impossible to properly set up and listen to gear I have since made it my policy to not comment on any system or gear when it can not be set up properly. As you know there are circumstances beyond your control which prevent proper speaker placement in your game room. With that being noted I honestly can not give much of an opinion on how your rig sounds because of the limitations placed on it by the listening environment. I would rather not try an evaluation and possibly comment on a shortcoming only to find out later that it was indeed caused by the room and was not a shortcoming with the system. This is exactly what I told Treitz at last CF when he wanted my thoughts on his rig. He understood and liked my thoughts on the issue. I have gone to the last 2 CF's to see friends and have not to listened to gear for these exact reasons.

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 am

OconeeOrange wrote:It just was not loud enough, I could not hear it.
Well, we certainly TRIED.

Check the local seismographs & see if they registered anything during noon to 9:00 pm EDT last Saturday~
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 am

Rainman wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:OK, you guys that were here, let me know what you REALLY think about the system.
Rabbit, after many hopeless attempts to audition systems at CF in a listening environment which makes it impossible to properly set up and listen to gear I have since made it my policy to not comment on any system or gear when it can not be set up properly. As you know there are circumstances beyond your control which prevent proper speaker placement in your game room. With that being noted I honestly can not give much of an opinion on how your rig sounds because of the limitations placed on it by the listening environment. I would rather not try an evaluation and possibly comment on a shortcoming only to find out later that it was indeed caused by the room and was not a shortcoming with the system. This is exactly what I told Treitz at last CF when he wanted my thoughts on his rig. He understood and liked my thoughts on the issue. I have gone to the last 2 CF's to see friends and have not to listened to gear for these exact reasons.

Rainman
I hear ya. I take all that into account.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4496
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by F1nut » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Kinda hard to make an assessment as I only got to listen to 1.5 songs that I knew and even then all the other mofo's there were yaking away.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



Make America Great Again

User avatar
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2708
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:46 am

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by Don » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:22 pm

TNRabbit wrote:OK, you guys that were here, let me know what you REALLY think about the system. Be critical; be detailed-- I can take it. I want to know your true thoughts on it....really! I value everyone's (ok, maybe not EVERYONE's 8) ) opinions.

My ears are old & beat up & I tune the system for me. I also realize there was more chatting, eating & drinking than many (including me) would have preferred, but sh*t happens~ give it a shot.

Jesse, I know you'll be brutally honest, why don't you start them out.

Ok Wabbit,

I've got to be brutally honest. From where I sat, your system sounded like dogmeat! :lol: :lol: :lol: Next year, when I can make it, I hope some improvements are in store. Otherwise, ear plugs will be in order! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

How am I doing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, looks like it was a great time with a gathering of quality people. Hope to make it next year.

Post Reply

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”