Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Jag_97470
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Possible March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by Jag_97470 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Thanks for the pic's, looks like you guys had a great time and I must comment > You are all uglier than I thought :lol: :lol:

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:Thanks for the pic's, looks like you guys had a great time and I must comment > You are all uglier than I thought :lol: :lol:
Yea, what the hell is that --- :-$

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:37 pm

So, what's up with Tom and the Rane?

OO, there is nothing preventing us from having a Southern boy GTG apart from Carverfest. There is no problem organizing one on your website but if you do, please be sure to post things here so that folks can see what the game plan is.

Gary, glad to see you guys having what looks to be a good time. Looks like you finally had a good attendance this time. Sweet.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:06 pm

treitz3 wrote:
OO, there is nothing preventing us from having a Southern boy GTG apart from Carverfest. There is no problem organizing one on your website but if you do, please be sure to post things here so that folks can see what the game plan is.
Yea, I have organized egg flings, Christmas Parties, and various things to get people together for a cold beer. In the running community, I put on 5Ks, 10Ks, and even a couple Marathons - plus a 50K at Lando Beach. I started "Runner From Hell" to cull the group back down to the crazy bunch. (you can google that) I also helped out on most other events in the Charlotte area. I suspect I have bought more trophies and tee shirts to give away than all here combined times ten. I once did a run/bike/run event where the guys had to run backwards. It was a fun thing, but so many showed up, I had to re-order on shirts. People just want to get together and have fun. :lol:

So, a few guys playing music too loud will not even faze my Bride as this time she won't have to go to local businesses and beg for money. ](*,)

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Response to OO

Post by treitz3 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Hehe. Good on ya', Bill! =D>

Count me in. I'm game.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: Response to OO

Post by OconeeOrange » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 pm

treitz3 wrote:Hehe. Good on ya', Bill! =D>

Count me in. I'm game.

Seems OK on the surface.
I just almost responded, but before I post, should I PM it to you.
That might be best.

beemers417
!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post by beemers417 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:34 pm

It was a pleasure to attend, and meet some new fellow audio geeks.( Madmaster and Graham) The Rabbit and his den kick ass. Thank you very much,Gary.

Jesse is a Daywalker. I saw it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks for the pics & comic commentary, Robin~

Busted my hump today so just wanted to check in and say thanks to all for coming by & bringing gear/music to check out. Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

I will end by saying after I threw up at 3 a.m. I felt MUCH better today~ ](*,)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 am

beemers417 wrote: Jesse is a Daywalker. I saw it.

LOL
TNRabbit wrote: I will end by saying after I threw up at 3 a.m.
Somehow, I am not surprised.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:15 am

Looks like a great time was had. Thanks for sharing.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:44 am

Looks and sounds like y'all had a great GTG! Thanks for posting the photos. :)
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:55 am

looks like a "sock hop" to me--looks like the usual suspects with a few new recruits.Glad to hear ya'll had a great time--rock on. =D>

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

March GTG @ Rabbit's Den

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 am

All the pics from Saturday can be found here:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg28 ... ?start=all

Also, I got a PM from OO with a lot of questions; I'll post it and my response in their entirety here:

OconeeOrange wrote:Looks like you had a historic good party ---w/o me. ](*,)

=================

Looking at your photos --

Is that James Dean ?
In the fles......er, cardboard.

Do you have Marylin too, or Elton?

No, only James & Elvis~

Incredible pool table. Mine is nothing like that. I am happy with mine as I put it together, sealed the slate bed, put on the cover, etc, but if I had your money, would rather have yours.

If you had my money, you'd be hella poor. That pool table was there when I moved in, and Karrie got it for $150 (what it cost to re-felt it). It's nice & big, but needs new bumpers/edges BADLY...

Racquetball - tennis?
I have played with both and believe if I had put even 10% of the effort into tennis that I put into jogging, I would still be on the international tour. Really, I believe that - [-X

We've both played both games in the past, but I haven't played tennis since 2001 & haven't played racquetball since 2008. need to get the racquet out again...

Those speakers are intimidating - great stuff !!! I see them and think of all the photos you posted as you improved them. If I ever get a pair, sending them to you for update. (someday you might retire and need a $$ hobby)

No need to wait until my retirement~

F1 looks nothing like I would have thought. I have socks just like the Walmart ones he has on. Does everyone have to wear socks in your house? Are you the weird one, or is it him?

I think we would all pretty much be considered weird by mainstream society~
Socks are optional, but shoes are not. Gotta keep that beige carpet clean!

All your furniture matches the great pool table, and it all looks comfortable. Is that a teddy bear nailed to the wall ?

All the furniture was here when I moved in.

Teddy is hanging from a hook, not nailed. He has a Mardi Gras mask on as well. That's the MARDI GRAS WALL. We have a huge mask that's about 4 feet wide but it's in the basement right now.

Drums are cool in a music room!! Yea, they are kinda cool anywhere. \:D/ \:D/
To hell with hanging a guitar or putting a few LPs on the wall. I got to say, in a music room that is even better than a Harley in the house.

Few things give me greater pleasure than rocking out on my drums. They get a workout. That reminds me, I need to replace all 16 heads....that's gonna HURT
:x

I have more hair than you but not as many roots - I need to get a trim before Carver Fest. I am mostly bald, but at your tender age - that must be tough -- #-o

Doesn't bother me; I was doomed from the start with both my grandfathers being bald at a relatively young age. I wear a ball cap MOST of the time. Not sure why I didn't have one on then.

Was F1 getting down in that one photo ? (Tom looks worried) - is that actually beer in a tub? All I see in the photos is diet cola.

I think Jesse was doing "The Monkey"--but I can't be certain as I was busy elsewhere at the time.

There was plenty of beer & it was flowing freely earlier in the day (started at 12) but 8 hours later it was getting a little tired. After everyone left, I went out on the balcony to get a breath of fresh air & fell asleep....didn't wake up until around midnight (cold!).

Did you actually plan ahead as to your appearance -> is that your Carver Fest shirt? I bet that impressed !! :lol: :lol:

Sure did. What else would I wear??

Most seem to be drinking diet cola, but all the chip dishes are -> empty. What is with that. I don't see any skinny guys. Full size men need calories.

We knocked the bottom out of everything early on. There were 3 types of meat, cheese, chips, dip, cake, cookies......and lots of ALCOHOL for anyone inclined.

I have those same bar stools and the same pool table light. We are both cheap bastards who buy at Home Depot.

Also there when I moved in. But, I'm still a cheap bastard~

Do you still have Christmas decorations around that window? That is cool as it means you have not yet given up your Southern roots.

Yes. They go with the general party atmosphere. You should see this place at Halloween!

Over all, that just looks like one hell of a good place to hang out. I wish I had been there.

Of course, I don't wear socks or underwear, so maybe I could not get in your door unless you would allow my rather large toes to hit your carpet.

Wish you could have joined us! It's a bit far for a one-afternoon event......you, and your large toes, are welcome anytime. I have spare sandals just in case~
IMG_3522-vi.jpg
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 pm

OK, I just decided to be lazy & quote Robin's post from elsewhere:
tinpan wrote:Rabbit's Briar patch

Yesterday TNRabbit hosted his annual get together. I was a little late, having stopping by another buddies house to check out his system. I think I got everyone's name and forum handle correctly, if notI'm sure la'll let me know

When i got there I found Thuffman, Master Blaster, Rainman and Madmaster checking out Rabbit's 5.1 SACD tunes

Rabbit was showing Graham, I think his name is Graham, anyway I'm calling him Graham, all of the Sunfire and Rane components he has.

Here is Madmaster, after talking with him I learned he has one helluva set up at home. I'm sure we'll be checking that one out soon

Rabbit uses this table to hold the remotes for his Sunfire set up. You can see those awesome speakers in the background. Madmaster would take not of where Tom was sitting and gradually increase the speaker volume up.

Madmaster had Gypsy Woman cranked up to -8.5 on the TG IV and Tom stayed right there, enduring all 16 minutes of that song. What was that Tom? Did you say something? What...?

I must say, I have never heard that song that loud, boy did it sound wonderful. It gave a good testimonial how the Rane gear can help your system...what Tom?

Here's Grahm, Funut and Madmaster in the listening position..Madmaster, what's that in your hand? I thought so, Madmaster is evil with the volume control. That look on his face is pure delight

Later on MB and Rainman would move over to the listening spot

Here's madmaster, F1nut and Thuffman enjoying the tunes and ice'd cold beverages

Continued...
Last edited by TNRabbit on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”