Carver Reporter

Meetings / Gatherings
OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Carver Reporter

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:48 pm

I think KM has fucked up. :lol:
Two weeks back he invited me over this Friday. Yes, He was a beer over the line that night as no sober person would invite my sorry ass to their home. Since then have gotten no address to arrive at. I just Goggled and see there are two in his town. I guess I will have to try both doors. Is it Polarais St or Anchor Pt. ?

I want to hear that LightStar and all the other items in the KingMan Carver Museum, not to mention hearing the lecture from an actual audiophile. =D>

I will take photos and post if anyone is interested. I guess I could just open my netbook and let the camera do a live feed.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Well....

Post by treitz3 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Here is your formal invite over to my pad, Bill. It'll have to be on the weekend or a Friday but you are more than welcome to come over and chill with Sparky3 [my rig]. I have some great reference material and you can hear firsthand what just one stinkin' cable can do to make or break a system.

I have made some recent developments that have dropped jaws to fellow Charlotte audiophiles and though I may not be done? I have assembled the best rig I have built to date. Just plan on spending some time as this will not be a 2 hour long shin-dig. We can figure out the details privately but I hope that you don't let me down. Reason I say this, is that I will not be bringing my rig to CF this year. It will also help you understand what I mean when I say something relating to audio.

R.S.V.P. via PM, please.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: Well....

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 pm

treitz3 wrote:.
R.S.V.P. via PM, please.
PM sent -- \:D/

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Carver Reporter

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 am

Fuuny that you called Wayne an "audiophile"~

The first time I talked to him, he was running a pair of Bose 901 speakers with a TFM-45 (55?) AND a homemade sub across the bridged outputs of THE SAME DAMN AMP & wondered why it was "running so hot".... :rolleyes:
:lol:
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:51 am

I think KM has fucked up
...Who me???...
Is it Polarais St or Anchor Pt. ?
...Neither...
I just Goggled and see there are two in his town
..Maybe 2 Kings but only 1 Kingman!!!...
Fuuny that you called Wayne an "audiophile
...Funny, not fuuny...and OUCH!!!! :shock: ...
The first time I talked to him, he was running a pair of Bose 901 speakers
...AND STILL HAVE THEM!!!! Only difference is that I admit it !...
a homemade sub
...not exactly, a car sub would be more accurate...I know a few that do this...
TFM-45 (55?)
...55. OO, I will call or pm you tonight. I have re contracted the intestinal virus I had at Carverfest last year and did not work yesterday and not looking promising for today. I assure you I have not forgotton.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:38 am

OO- you are more than welcome in my home as well buddy! I ain't a-feared of nuttin! :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:28 pm

My wife and I are trying to figure out what weekend would be good. We have a little one we have to keep in mind and though he fights with Dad for the sweet spot and absolutely LOVES music, he is still a little man. With that comes wanted attention that when critically listening can't happen. As soon as the wife figures out when she's going out of town, I'll let you know Bill.

Plan on it, though.

My first priority is to make it down to Hotlanta to go visit George and Jerry. Gotta pick up the two Anthem's and the vinyl rig. This should happen within the next three weekends. [-o< Hopefully sooner. Is there any weeekend that definitely wouldn't work for you?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:39 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:I think KM has fucked up. :lol:
Two weeks back he invited me over this Friday. Yes, He was a beer over the line that night as no sober person would invite my sorry ass to their home.
The KingMan sobered up and the meet is off.

Tom, how about a date near Fall around Oct, Nov? Maybe KM, Skip would go along too, and you must have some local friends to add in. We could plan a Matthews party date while we are all at CarverFest.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:36 pm

The KingMan sobered up and the meet is off.
...temporarily....
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne, take those meds and heal up.
Summer don't even start for days yet, and it looks like it is going to be full of fun! \:D/

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Getting together and enjoying the music...

Post by treitz3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:19 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:Tom, how about a date near Fall around Oct, Nov?
I was looking at a date [calender date, that is] way before then. Before CF. I was actually thinking within a month or two. My rig isn't done yet but I'm still game. What say you?

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Until Sept, I only need a few days notice to show up for free tunes and chicken.

Then Clemson Football starts. :lol:

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I will let the other half know she's on notice... :-D

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”