who want's to get together for some fun

Meetings / Gatherings
Post Reply
angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

who want's to get together for some fun

Post by angelod307 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 pm

so i am building a new garage to hold all my tools and what not, which means it is time for a get together soon. the new garage will let me use my old garage that is attached to the house as a new sound room. 12' ceiling, 20 or so wide by the same deep. it should be cool when done. the new garage is 24x32 . 30 days for the build is what i am told. what say you, manning sc 29102 for tunes, cold beverages and plenty of good food to eat.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 3057
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: Snohomish, WA

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by jjptkd » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:34 pm

I just did a mapquest, 2,981 miles from me! ](*,) ](*,) Sounds like a good time, wish I could go. Congrats on the new garage and space! =D> =D>
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

User avatar
kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6424
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Upstate South Carolina

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by kingman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Set a date...let me know. May be able to plan a road trip. 8)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by angelod307 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:41 am

so, the garage is up, and only thing left is to tranfer the garage door from the house to the new garage. i am going to the show in florida for the new amazings and will be there a week or so prior and after. with that said, what say you who can come...... ?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
tinpan
TFM-45
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:48 am
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Contact:

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by tinpan » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 am

Oh man, turning the garage into an audio room. \:D/ We want lot's of pics.
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers


2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:29 am

the new rumpus room is still away's off as the money shrank at the end for the new building, so there will be a rig out the in the 24x32x14 room. a set of al3's, some subs, sonic frontier, the tfm55's and what not. then that rig will be transfered back later. anyone wanna come over for some food, suds, and not to be left out, music.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 am

Based on my previous experiences, I'd highly suggest you give 2 or 3 possible dates, get some commitments, then decide on a date. You will have several cancel out at the last minute, either because they forgot about it or they found something else they'd rather do like wash their dog. etc. The point is, don't get discouraged when cancellations happen, and have fun with those that show up. Don't spend a ton of $$$ on food, etc. because you'll get screwed. I have pizza delivered last time because you can decide after everyone's there.

Don't forget to invite local friend, neighbors, etc., as they're sometimes the only ones who show~

have fun!
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

User avatar
kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
Posts: 6424
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm
Location: Upstate South Carolina

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by kingman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am

TNRabbit wrote:Based on my previous experiences, I'd highly suggest you give 2 or 3 possible dates, get some commitments, then decide on a date. You will have several cancel out at the last minute, either because they forgot about it or they found something else they'd rather do like wash their dog. etc. The point is, don't get discouraged when cancellations happen, and have fun with those that show up. Don't spend a ton of $$$ on food, etc. because you'll get screwed. I have pizza delivered last time because you can decide after everyone's there.

Don't forget to invite local friend, neighbors, etc., as they're sometimes the only ones who show~

have fun!
I detect a little bitterness ...... :shock:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:35 am

kingman wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Based on my previous experiences, I'd highly suggest you give 2 or 3 possible dates, get some commitments, then decide on a date. You will have several cancel out at the last minute, either because they forgot about it or they found something else they'd rather do like wash their dog. etc. The point is, don't get discouraged when cancellations happen, and have fun with those that show up. Don't spend a ton of $$$ on food, etc. because you'll get screwed. I have pizza delivered last time because you can decide after everyone's there.

Don't forget to invite local friend, neighbors, etc., as they're sometimes the only ones who show~

have fun!
I detect a little bitterness ...... :shock:
Nope; just reality!
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by angelod307 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:37 am

thanks gary for the insight. it seems to me that i may need to sweeten the pot with say a warmer time of the year when all could also dive into the pool and what not. as far as the food, well, with the family pizza / restaurant, there's no problem for feeding one to a hundred plus. although i think you may be right, i throw this out just the same, knowing that the amount of folks that will actually come would be small in numbers. i wanted to give back to all here because i enjoy spending what little time i have here on the net with you guys.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
skip
aka (Sasquach)
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: Gaston, S.C.

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by skip » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:45 am

Count me in, I'd really like to hear some Plats properly set up in a large space. My 10x12 music room sure doesn't do my rig justice.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by angelod307 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

skip wrote:Count me in, I'd really like to hear some Plats properly set up in a large space. My 10x12 music room sure doesn't do my rig justice.
awesome. it seems that it will happen in the spring as it warms up with the trip to see the sauters and bob coming up in less than a couple of weeks now. thank you in advance for your attendance. any time better than another for you skip? kingman may make it as well as bill. for that matter, maybe even gary , martin, tom t and those of us who are close by within a couple to few hours drive. hell, if enough come, maybe i can work out a deal with the local hotel/motel, as i have a couple of couches anyway to crash on as well as a air matress or two......
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
skip
aka (Sasquach)
Posts: 1870
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm
Location: Gaston, S.C.

Re: who want's to get together for some fun

Post by skip » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 am

Most any time suits me. I'm only an hour from you. Kingman could meet me at my place and we could ride on down together to save a parking spot if he wants to.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

Post Reply

Return to “Mini Fests / Get Togethers”